36 coaches online • Server time: 09:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arry

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2017 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lately it seems like every time I play, the client behaves weirdly. It usually follows this scenario:

I setup normally, placing one of my players in position A (doesn't matter if the setup is manual or by Load Setup; I cannot predict which of the players gets this glitch). Then when my turn begins, I want to block with him, but his highlighted adjacent squares appear in other place (position B). Additionally, if I want to move that player, then nothing happens when I click a point to move to. If I leave the client and rejoin, then that player appears at position B, and I can move him.

Another thing that has happened in the last two games begins similarly, but when I rejoin, then one of the players disappears from the client. E.g.:

1) the beaten-up team has 8 players, I setup all 8; quit and rejoin. 7 players appear on field, 0 in reserves, and when I press "End Setup", up pops a dialog that says that I setup only y players, while I have to setup all of them. (This somehow recovered when the other coach left and rejoined: the missing 8-th player reappeared.)

2) the team has 13 players, I setup 11 with 2 in reserves. I quit and rejoin, and it displays 10 setup and 2 in reserves.

Anyone else seen this behavior? Is there anything I can do on my side to prevent this?

If it matters, I play on Ubuntu.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2017 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

"I play on a Linux Distro"

Say no more good sir, say no more.
bigf

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2017 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Happens to me too quite frenquently Arry.

Im on a Mac.

I found no way to prevent it, but i find it happens more frequently if im moving the players around a lot at setup
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2017 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally happens when you drag one player across another one during setup, or move a player to a square quickly after moving a different player out of it.

I guess the messages don't reach the server in the right order, or it drops one on the way, however it happens the server starts to disagree with where your players are compared to your client, and further movements just make it worse. Not a problem during play because you can only move one player at a time, but players can all be moved very quickly during setups.

To fix, at any point during setup, if you save setup, and then load setup, all your player positions will be loaded from the server to the client, and they'll agree again. The missing players shift to the dugout. May help to move a player between saving and loading, or perhaps just easier to notice it working.

To avoid, try to not quickly drag multiple players to and from and across the same squares. Drag them around each other, and just generally be a bit slower about where they're switching places. Not super slow, just not as quick as possible.

Can't really be fixed if it occurs during a Quick Snap, same deal, avoid very quick movements into the square you just moved someone out of.

If you ever see players jump about in position after you've moved them in setup, would be worth a quick save setup and load setup.