35 coaches online • Server time: 12:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you de- / not activate if only 4 player draw
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
No
89%
 89%  [ 67 ]
Yes unless desperate to play
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 75

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Life isn't fair. You just can't do some things.

In this case, you can't realistically play Black Box during prime North American times and expect to get a decent match-up for your elves. That's just life.

Always expect the other 3 teams to be smallman's max-minmaxed pact team, Bill Brasky's WMDs, and one dude who is even bigger and badder than Brasky. If you can't handle that, don't activate.

Smallman, we get the message you send.. Black Box created you, you didn't create Black Box. The scheduler justifies your low TV team's behavior, no matter how many people are driven away from FUMMBL by the death you deal out at 1100 TV. It isn't your fault that this is the only way you feel you can ensure YOU get a 'fair fight.' Smallksop is back on the prowl. You have no other choice. We get it.

I support your need to ensure you play a fair game, or have an advantage. Anything less would be simply unfair to you. If you can't build elves in Black Box, you should deffo lay waste to every twit silly enough to activate. Gots ta have an advantage, yes sir.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt, I want you to actualize what I'm about to type and really digest it.

1. You have a myopic definition of a 'fair game' that focuses on one factor at the exclusion of all others. To you, a 'fair game' is solely about TV matching at the exclusion of coaching talent and experience, team age, etc etc. For someone that has played as much as you have it is baffling that you remain consistently tied to only thinking that TV pairing constitutes fair.

2. Because of this myopia no one can have a useful or constructive discussion with you about Box pairing since every road and avenue of discussion leads back to orienting pairing to maximize your chances over opponents.

3. We aren't treating you like a hypocrite, we are showing you how you wish to stack the deck in your favor more so by altering the methodology of Box pairing. You seem defiant in accepting that your coaching ability and team ages could provide an advantage while conforming to perfect TV matching. Stacking the deck in your favor pre match isn't shameful, it's part of a larger game we're all playing BUT to suggest a structural change that just elevates what you want solely...everyone sees through this charade but you.

4. You've shown an ability to tolerate that which you consider non ideal, but you've never shown a desire to actually engage the fringe possibilities of what Box can throw at you nor have you shown a desire to possibly deviate from how you orient yourself to the game. I know you might respond that you're not capable of soaking in the world in a different way than you currently do but that's your personal failing to deal with, not all of us, and especially not Christer to bend over backwards to accommodate.

5. Nobody listens to your claims of predatory behavior because you refuse to consider the mere possibility that what you do is predatory in its own right. You are constantly stating you think you interact with Fumbbl perfectly and yet...I don't know of any other coach who has had entire chat channels dedicated to how wrong and backwards they are. I know that you think mono activating high TV teams is predatory but most everyone who takes a team up there is doing so to prepare for tourneys, stress test their teams, and find other high TV teams to get fantastic and intriguing games from. By and large, the coaches who are playing these teams are dedicated coaches to the site who have a larger objective than simply being the king of CR because by virtue of frequency of arrangement and the actual game outcomes there are much easier ways to gain CR. You don't see any of that because you are limited in your ability to think outside of your own reptilian desires.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m getting increasingly frustrated by the accusation that the attitude of ‘**** happens’ keeps making an appearance. Please Matt, unless you are willing to give up your free time to deal with stuff day to day please stop posting your wish list for what benefits you and how you wish to play. It’s tiring and disrespectful in my opinion. If you have issues with FUMBBL then go play elsewhere. There is nothing to say you have to play here, but please, enough with the sarcastic comments.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Life isn't fair. You just can't do some things.

In this case, you can't realistically play Black Box during prime North American times and expect to get a decent match-up for your elves. That's just life.

Just to address this point - you can play Black Box during NA times, but you're going to have to do some organizing/corralling of coaches instead of just calling for the scheduler to be changed to suit your preference.

In fact Bazakastine has been trying to get smacks going on NA Thur. evenings and JackassRampant has organized FLAC for America's time-zone coaches in order to try and get more coaches sticking around during those times.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Nobody listens to your claims of predatory behavior because you refuse to consider the mere possibility that what you do is predatory in its own right.

I do not listen to him because he demonstrated to me that he is not interested at whatsoever what i am saying to him.

It is not communication if he is shouting, but not listening. He lost me during a debate where i had empathy for his point and tried to help him. I do not bother to even listen to him ever since.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I respect smallman playing other than smallkosp and also Matt who are playing with all races. If I could spend as many time to play as him, I would probably do the same as I did but it was no joy in it as my teams showed almost no progress, so rarely they got a match.

Matt, you could surely have a 2500-ish team there in among the 24, with 170CR that could not be a problem to make and you could not only avoid such unfair matchups but also protect others from monoactivated high TV teams. My English is not delicate enough, so I must add to this that I am thinking this serious without offense and cynicism.

Thanks Christer for sharing your views. I still think that a Morg TV difference cap would make Blackbox better. It is not good to see the other party froustrated and disappointed from the very beginning.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
I thought the whole purpose of Black Box was to accept *any* opposition team, no matter how "unfair" you might perceive it.

For those that don't want to play under these conditions, my "simple fix" is play Ranked division. You can filter out lopsided matches.

I dont play blackbox much, but thats what I thought it was for too..
..for the people who just wanted to play 'hardcore BB' because they didnt like the politics of getting a match on the Ranked Gamefinder
I dont have issues getting games in Ranked. I have a Chaos team that some people dont want to play but thats their issue, its mine.
I can get a game quick and simple by just adding an Elf team or a squishy team.
At the same time, when I throw Elf teams up, I know that the bashy teams wanna pummel them ..which is a great reason to just join E.L.F.
Whenever I decide to throw a team into the Blackbox draw, I dont care who I play as long as I just get to play a game ..plain and simple.
I dont build teams in Blackbox but I do in ranked.
I took a bit of a break and came back to find that Blackbox teams can now enter in all RANKED* Major Tournies, so its changed myt desire to 'build' teams in Blackbox, but only minimally.
All this being said, if I face a Blackbox team in a major, I have a special appreciation for that team because it went through the trenches in what I felt was a hostile, grueling and ultra competitive environment ..without the chance to 'cherrypick'
Threads like this where people whine about how the scheduling isnt fair kinda makes me roll my eyes..
I dont mean this to be against any kind of site rules, but there are a few coaches who push the limits so they can Uber Timmy Powergame..

TL;DR complete

ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 22:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My Box gobs haven't achieved much. But beating Chaos 4-1 uphill 580k TV is a treasured memory. Don't make Box a blander place by removing such novelties.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, Oh, Oh!!
Smallman, if you dont like your draws, you can just play brand new teams every time.
Or else, just play the matchup you're dealt and stop whining for things to change

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4044332 Scheduler looks pretty good to me Wink
smallman

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh, you cant teach logic. My suggestions have zero down side. Noone wants to play down 1mil TV, so there is no good reason not to change this. Is it really so time consuming to reprogram to trial a change?

Everyone should be responsible for their own fun. For me, due to mostly 4pl draws, this means back to mono activating my PACT killers as they are the only team that can still enjoy being down 1mil TV. Bad news for my opponent, good news for the many specs I get demanding blood. I tried.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, your team isnt even all that..
You're lucky I'm not serious about Blackbox cause I would load up a DP filled undead team and knock you down a half million..

MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Or i may just go and mono activate these little green killer-Pact-killers....

Smile))))))

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3987975
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
Sigh, you cant teach logic. My suggestions have zero down side. Noone wants to play down 1mil TV, so there is no good reason not to change this. Is it really so time consuming to reprogram to trial a change?

Everyone should be responsible for their own fun. For me, due to mostly 4pl draws, this means back to mono activating my PACT killers as they are the only team that can still enjoy being down 1mil TV. Bad news for my opponent, good news for the many specs I get demanding blood. I tried.

This is objectively false. You can teach logic, you just can't invoke logic as a rhetorical point with the implication that you are the sole possessor of logic.
Joost

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2019 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:

I recall you used to buy more than 1 million in inducements when the recent rule change allowed petty cash to be used without giving the opponent the equivalent. You hired morg plus lots of other stuff at low TV games, giving you essentially double as much TV as your oppo. Given that you did that multiple times, how serious should I take your sudden concern for a "fair game"?
 Jump to: