34 coaches online • Server time: 09:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you ready for more NAF Live action? Of course you are!

Our fifth online, real-time extravaganza is the most fiendish puzzle to solve yet, as we bring you a virtual version of the Danish Open. Over the weekend of 30/31 May, you will compete in six games of Swiss Blood Bowl in each of three timezones, using the (in)famous Danish 'All Teams Viable' ruleset. Read all of the details on how to make a team and apply on the European, Americas and Oceanic tournament pages; select the best schedule for you and come join us next weekend!

Important: Because this is our most adventurous ruleset yet, we are providing you with an Excel roster builder. If you'd like to check your list is legal prior to submission (video with voice-over here), it's a good idea to tinker in the Excel until you're happy, and an even better idea to asks questions in the forum thread and apply early so we can check your roster in good time. Submitting last minute is dangerous if we spot an error!

This time, every timezone will feature one big group. It's all in together for an en masse rumble, which is pleasingly Viking.

Skål (I'm fluent when I have Google)!

Phil / Purplegoo.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Note: Foad has done an enormous amount of work behind the scenes on this one; producing a new set of rosters allowing both CRP and BB2016 Stars to be used in these events going forward should we choose to do so (we have here). Big thanks to the maestro for getting us in such good shape!
sebco

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot for announcement (and for running another NAF live event)

I will translate it in french for french forum and I don't want to make too many mistakes so I have questions :

-11 normal players have to be hired before to hire Star Player, that's it ?

-if a tier 4 team hires a star player, then it means this team will have 12 additional simple skills (because of star player, all gold bars are simple skills and as tier 4 is 8 simple skills + 4 gold bars, it's like 12 simple skills), that's it? (so if this team has 11 players + a star player, 1 skill is lost, I suppose)

-gold bar to stack skills doesn't include skill, it only allows to stack, that's it ? (to give an example, if you're in tier 4 with 8 additional simple skills and spend a gold bar to stack, you still have 8 additional skills but 6 players have 1 additional skill each and 1 player have 2 stacked additional skills)

Edit : great excel roster sheet (special thanks for that) seems to validate my opinion on these 3 points but still want confirmation if possible, thanks in advance

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

One additionnal question after use of roster sheet :

-is this 2 gold bars to have 1 additionnal simple skill more (like written in the roster sheet) or is it only 1 gold bar (like written in rules here) ?

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi sebco, thanks for posting and for translating for the French. It's good to get the FAQ re: gold bars moving, as I'm sure if you're asking questions, others will.

Post 1: 1&3 correct, on 2 see below.

Post 2: I have re-worded the line on the group pages to be clearer. 2 bars, as per the Excel.

Tripleskull, who heads up these ATV rules (and made the helpful Excel and the video), has joined the staff for this event, so we're hopeful we can answer more questions / check more rosters more quickly with more experienced hands. Smile

Last edited by Purplegoo on May 23, 2020 - 23:49; edited 2 times in total
sebco

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for quick answer 'goo. Wink

For my Post 1, I now suppose it's correct for my 1st - and my 3rd - but not for 2nd - (if I understood well what you wrote after my Post 2, tier 4 teams will have 10 additionnal simple skills if they hire a star player as each more additionnal simple skill will cost 2 gold bars and not 1 gold bar

Post   Posted: May 23, 2020 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, you ninja’d my edit. Yes. Smile
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

@sebco

Thanks for translating and thanks for the great questions.

I see, that You and Phil has ended in the right place.

Please feel free to ask about anything else You might wonder about.

Also, Torsten Blaetter made the sheet, so I can’t take cedit for that. I find that t works really nicely and even if it has a few miner issuers it really helps people understand the rules correctly.

I am really loooking forward to seeing this rules set get playing time here on FUMBBl. 🤩
inigocastillo5893

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! Many thanks for the new tournament. Just a question. Is Setekh (Tomb Kings) available in this tournament?? Thx!
=)
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

inigocastillo5893 wrote:
Hello! Many thanks for the new tournament. Just a question. Is Setekh (Tomb Kings) available in this tournament?? Thx!
=)

Yes, Setekh is available. Thanks To Foads great efforts, both CRP Legacy Star players and BB2016 Star Players are available.

https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/NAF-Rules-for-Tournaments-2020.pdf

And

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/BB_Head_Coach_Handbook_63-80_Teams.pdf
Foad

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

On the group pages, it lists the tiers, and has a link for each team.

If you click the link it will tell you what Stars are available.

If anyone sees any mistakes in the rosters, drop me a direct message and I'll fix them.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing with the Excel roster builder. When trying to stack normal skills it's charging me 2 gold bars, is that correct?
pokrjax

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact, it seems to be charging 3 to take a human blitzer with tackle and mighty blow so either I'm doing something wrong or there is an error Sad
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
Playing with the Excel roster builder. When trying to stack normal skills it's charging me 2 gold bars, is that correct?

When you put the 2nd normal skill on a player, you should be charged 1 normal skill plus a gold bar or 3 gold bars.
There is an error in the excel, so the normal skill is not charged (visibly), but it will warn you if you pick too many skills in total. I explain this in the video

In other words the value of a double or stacked skill is equivalent of 60k in team money.

I hope this clears it up?
pokrjax

Post   Posted: May 24, 2020 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure that I completely follow but I'll watch the video and see if it becomes more clear.
 Jump to: