19 coaches online • Server time: 05:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

All good sysadmins need caffine or they will got really annoying so try bribing them with that to c if they will let you have access to fumbbl doing your lunch break

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn has now set up Chunky with full Admin rights.

Y'all may have noticed a distinct lack of Twahn lately. Apologies. I'll be a bit hit and miss for a while as Real Life issues are making it that I can't log on every night like I used to... I'll be here as much as I can though and things may get better for me soon.

We've got 4 admins now though, and Clay in particular has shown great energy and commitment lately. Use and abuse them all whenever they're around. They should all know everything about everything as we all keep in contact pretty regularly! Smile

Get those games in people! Season 6 is our biggest and bestest ever and we continue to grow at a faster rate than ever before. What have we started..? Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, my first contribution will be to try and sort out which teams potential players may submit for qpool... so we don't end up with the whole league being friggin Khemri!

SWL Depth Chart (ie what teams exist in divisions currently):

Chaos - 6 teams
Dwarfs - 5 teams
Orcs - 5 teams
Lizards - 4 teams
Khemri - 4 teams (then why are 3 of em in my division! geez)
Dark Elf - 4 teams
Norse - 3 teams
Chaos dwarfs - 3 teams
Humans - 3 teams
High Elf - 3 teams
Wood Elf - 3 teams
Necromantic - 3 teams
Undead - 2 teams
Amazons - 2 teams
Skaven - 2 teams
Rotters - 1 team
Pro Elves - 1 team

Potential qpool applicants take note:

Do NOT apply with any of the teams that have at least 4 teams amongst those above, and preferably apply with one of those with 2 or less.

Carn you folks, Rotters are aweome, if they can hold together, give em a go! Gobbos and Halflings are also welcome for the more insane amongst us, but will not be forced on anyone.

Oh, and the following teams are not allowed: Chaos Pact, Old World, Lustrian, Vampires, Ogres, and stunty teams apart from Gobbos and Halflings, ie only official LRB 3.0 teams allowed.

Before anyone thinks Oh! Chunky, ye hypocrite of doom, the Ogres (possessed by me) and the Vampires owned by Sandune were special rewards given to us for being finalists in our vicious end of season knockout tournament, the Gentleman's Picnic.

Last edited by chunky04 on %b %30, %2004 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Smegish

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How are the forfiets worked out? random d6 roll? cos I think it would be unfair for me to be given a loss for a game my opponent is never on to play Evil or Very Mad
annachie

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
OK, my first contribution will be to try and sort out which teams potential players may submit for qpool... so we don't end up with the whole league being friggin Khemri!

SWL Depth Chart (ie what teams exist in divisions currently):

Chaos - 6 teams
Dwarfs - 5 teams
Orcs - 5 teams

Hey Chunky, pencil me in for the next Orc team to open up in QPool huh Very Happy
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Will be next season at the earliest annachie, as those are the teams in the divisions. The teams in qpool don't count towards that number at all.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Say, how long is the season supposed to last. (Specifically QPool but ...)
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Roughly each round deadline is a week (monday morning)...if you have problems but communicate with your opponent and the admins they may give you an extension.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2004 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

annachie wrote:
Say, how long is the season supposed to last. (Specifically QPool but ...)

Divisional play is one game per week...

QPool lasts for the entire season... you have technically 55 opponents to play, but dont rush thru them too quickly Wink
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2004 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All in the SWL!,

This is just an editorial note on the use of the Channel BB!

Ifyou have read through Channel BB! you will note that several of the players have certain reporter monikers, mines Bob Borc, Chunky is I Rite Stuff and clay is ofc the ever irrepressible and always handy with a donut Mr Whippy.

Please choose a reporter nae for your self, it ccan be yours but its best to rip off a real reportr or a funny phrase or even "Da Coach" of your very own team etc. try to develop a persona for them and stick to it or develop it as you go along but where looking for good quality consistent reporting. It can be biased as all hell thats not a problem but it should be in most cases one of three styles.

Newsflash - eg Hi this is Bob Borc reporting with breaking news about the ongoing Elf Hormone abuse scandal, rumours abound today at SWL House that members of a prominent Premier League team will be asked to submit to blood tests....etc

Editorial - eg Mr Whippy's Season and Round previews, letters form renowned players and explayers, Talking Bloodbowl and its compettitor Inside Bloodbowl tat sort of thing, can also be the Expose

Commentary or Match Reports - These can either be the play by play descriptions of an inprogress game, copied from mirc < but cleaned up where there have ben slips by one commentator or the other or a fellow spectator>, or the ever popular game report and post match interview, such as those done by IRiteStuff.

Now this is not an exclusive list but it is a guide. If there is one thing the SWL is renowned for in the online BB community is its our Fluff. I wants us all to keep it up and keep it high quality. Its usually a good idea that if you mention a player or team link that name to a Url the first time you mention it so that people can see what you are writing about. you don't have too, its just somehting that adds to the experience for us all. If your not sure how to do this, PM me here or if you spot me in chat and i will try to talk you through it, or ask if they are free and not busy someone else that you have seen do it in their post.

If your new to the SWL most of the old habnds are really great guys and hae no problem helping out a fairly newb kinda guy who asks politely for help when they are free.Do However try not to pester someone playing or an admin, because those guys have always got stuff on. Do RTFM. Ill let you figure that out.

oh, and just a further point :- Please don't use the "qoute" feature in Channel BB!. it spoils the look. if you wnat to draw attention to a previous post just have your reporter persona say something like " In response to comments earlier today by Coach Chunkanaminous regards the elf hormone scandal and possible league administration complicity SWL Chief Commisioner Twahn had this to say...

Now i alas do not have editorial rights, that is i can't go in and clean up, and i am loathe to request a hard pressed forum moderator to do it for me so its all self regulation guys, just try to remember its for the enjoyment of all and its what we want to be quality fluff.

The season thread, and a new one gets kicked off with each season is for everything else, meeting in real life of SWL'rs such as recent Sydney and Melb meets, league questions and format queries, general discussion of the league, league wide notices etc . So please remember to read both threads. this one is for information, Channel BB! is for entertainment. keep that in mind and i assure you you will ad tot he experience of all. Your team may be crap, you may never win a game, but if you can write good fluff, people will always remember ya!

Till Next Time Good Night, Good luck, Good BloodBowling! and may all your dice be pows < except when playing me >

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish t raise a comment on the handling of forfeits. At present forfeits can be (I'm not saying they HAVE been) used to avoid massacres occuring to your team. For example: Your team just got badly minced and your next game is against choas dwarves. You know your elves have no chance of winning, and more than likely be the victim of a bloodbath. The game after is against elves. By forfeiting the game you end up with a team that has a chance against elves (not too mention easier to recover from the previous game), save team members from injuries the CDs could have caused and though you suffer table-wise... at least the team is in one piece.

Harsher penalties should be put in place for forfeiters, fines are useless (would likely have to pay out for a replacement player anyway). I propose the best penalty to force a player to play those unwanted games is to have his best player (highest spp) get disgusted and leave (ie, prior to the next match, the team must retire their highest spp player).

Each round is to be play over a week. That's seven days in which you need to contact your opponent. Even if a tragedy hits all you need to do is message your opponent, any of the coordinators or even just post here. There should be no excuse for the lack of communication.
andycapp

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In regards to Rennigeb's suggestion, it's a big step from what we have now. There are instances where coaches just can't make the game for the entire week (my current opponent for example).
So there has to be a lot of thought on whether a coach IS actually meaning to miss the game, or whether circumstances were against them.
And, if this was to become the norm, it has to start in a new season, so everyone is aware beforehand ...
Also, with players missing a game, they still have to miss the team's next game - so the coach will not only forfeit one match, but be without player(s) for another match anyway. As we're not talking QPool here, it's a big blow for a season if 1 forfeit match AND mng(s) for another are included ...

On the other hand, maybe it IS a good suggestion - no-one would want to see their team's star just walk out on them! What an incentive to do all you can to communicate and play the game each week.

But just make sure it's thought about first .....
Just my 0.5 cent's worth. cheers.
Dark_Lord

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If your team gets "badly minced" and you have a tough game the following week, you can always concede against your next opponent. That way he's happy with all that extra cash+SPP'S and FF, and and you get your injured players back on the field for the next game.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Good ideas but unenforceable.

We have not had much "cherry picking" in SWL and if coaches are avoiding teams in teh divisionals, then I need to have some proof.

As far as I can tell, the unplayed games are due to a number of coaches who have been away between 6-14 days.

No idea why, but we have teams lining up in the qpool and in reserve to replace them if need be.

Rnd 1 has gotten off slowly... but no need to panic yet.
neverborn

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

well chrode and theo were both online last night, did they msg their opponents? (renni? faulcon?)

they didnt post in here or email the admins...
 Jump to: