48 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrode messaged me and we'll be playing our game tonight
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick note for the Brewmeister's Bowl - going to start it up as a permanent fixture! League page is here.

Cheers,
Snorri.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks, we are starting to get a few new applicants for qpool. Given the earlier bit about not retiring qpool teams unless in dire need, I'll reinforce by saying that those who do so run the risk of their spot being taken by a newbie.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I'm back. Sorry about any inconvenience. It was very unfortunate.
However my woodelves are on the pit and ready to rumble.

I wish you all good, exiting games.

Cheers,

PLATYPUS
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

renni and I have scheduled our game for the weekend, since our weeklies schedules clash
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit of an admin update...

Guys, i have noticed alot of existing coaches applying more teams to the SWL... when you do so, can you send an email to swladmin@hotmail.com so we know exactly what to do with it?

Thanks,
Befuddled Commish!

PS : <b>DRAGONS VS CARLTON! Live Monday Night 9pm Eastern! Be there or be square!!</b>
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Reminder</b>

The deadline for each match is Monday night (at a reasonable hour) unless an extension has been requested and granted...

At this stage, the first two rounds have been held up due to a few no-shows...

Some of you are logging onto fumbbl, but not replying to PM's etc etc...

Please let your opponent know a time and please respond in kind.

Thanks
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record - outstanding games at 11:30pm Sunday are:

<b>HFC vs Southside Stone Smashers</b> - zeroalpha? Where are you...

<b>All of Regional A except one!</b> Only three games played in Round 1, only one game played in Rnd 2 to date! We will be replacing you guys soon if you don't get your act together... there are reserve coaches in QPool itching...

<b>Region B</b>: Karalon, frag_dog, LeoDraco, Ketch... the same above for you guys...

<b>Region C</b>: Not too bad... iolo and Phandaal are trying to get together...Kozzi, Drokmar? What's happening??
cataphract

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys, havn't played fumbble in ages, probably still won't just came in to say that it was just over a year ago that the SWL started and as far as i can see it's still going strong... maybe the madboyz will make a comeback... maybe not

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Too many people missing games. since joining season 3 i can count on one hand the number of games i've dropped. I think the Commishes should bring in a minimum number of games for qpool must be played per season for a coach to qualify there team. Some demonstration of commitment.

Hows this for a suggestion re the new coaches and old ones who are being slack. If you have a team in the regionals, conference or premier and a team in the qpool, you must play as a minimum 2 qpool games per week or else your higher ranking team is suspended and forfeits all games rest of the season. For rookies coaches who were slotted into the regionals and other coaches who screwed a season and by missing games and the commish decides to put em on probation orsomething. And if they can't do the minimums they has gots to email swladmin about why and wherefore and give their sob story. And the Commishes have to post in the thread the players absence and expected duration. What do ya say to that commishes?

ooh and if your are in the Div's so to speak but no qpool team, you at risk of forfeit whole season and automatically dropping a rung, no play off, top of next rung down gets a free handup, no playoff.........

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Joe, when I first joined the swl it was for 1 game per week, if i get the time to get back into a structured format, I'd just not have a qpool team if that rule is introduced. When i had a second team in the pool and one in the leagues, the second team was to play newbies when i had the time, not to have to find 2 games a week.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Recently i retired my teams out of qpool because there were a few newbies who wanted to join in. I couldnt see myself playing enough games to justify their existance (frankly i was surprised i had 2 teams in qpool.. one i moved to veterans league.. cant see myself playing game there either). I am a bit too busy atm to sit around bb-sharking.

I only play 2 games a week now, my league and my stunty. Soon i will have cutthroat as well, thats enough for me.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Joe, that suggestion won't really work methinks. We do already tend to have criteria whereby players must play a reasonable number of qpool games to show their commitment. Unfortunately, it seems some of those who get through that qualification just can't keep the enthusiasm going into the big leagues for whatever reason.

The bottom line is, all we want played is one game per week in division play. If you don't think you can manage that, please just let us know before a season is started and we'll keep your team out of the next season so it doesn't stuff things up.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

well yeh, the letting know before season start is nice,

It was just an idea guys to throw something at the commishes so that they now that people are getting to have thoughts about it.

Yes if your commitment is one game a week then thats your commitment. I respect that. I think, the main thing would be that shouldn't someone who was going to be absent take the time to contact the admins and let them know, and then the admins can let the next opponent they have know no to wait up or something, that might be handy. Now yes sometimes people hav computer crashes and virus that kills all contct with the world, hey it happens. As a way of preventing that perhaps the Commishes could organise a register of mobile numbers etc to be kept so of someone does drop off with out warning they can try to contact them after a week or so, and liek make sure they havn't like died at their pc alone and are being slowly feasted on by their fifty cats......that sorta hting, sort a community type thing as i sorta i guess see the SWL s a bit of a community especially what with syd and melb having had a get otgether that sort of thing an looking to do future ones.

Im just wrkshopping ideas here as a member of the league. The commishes make th decisions but we need to give them feedback or else they will just sit in the crytal palace that is SWL House and do as they wish. Not tosya they can't anyway but at least they would know our the players feelings on this.

well just my garbage verbiage for the day.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

hey joe, thanks heaps for the input, new ideas are always welcome, and i encourage you or anyone else who has an idea about how we can run the league to come forward and post it here so that we can discuss it.

one of the things that made SWL the best league around was the good communication between commish (then twahn) and the members, and now with twahn in semi-retirement (as commish anyway) the new guys in charge (mainly clay and chunky until i finish my thesis) want this trend to continue!
 Jump to: