22 coaches online • Server time: 01:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

annachie wrote:

For the first season, why not just ask all the leeg coaches who wants to be in what league, and then divy up the premier requests by rough TR. Work on 8 or so teams a division. (8 teams would be 7 weeks which I think takes us to past Christmas by the time things start)
Then decide on where the league goes during the Christmas break (If there is one) or the next Picnic. Whichever comes first.

I think the best thing for us to do with the little fellas this season is to take them all and shove them all into one big Puddle together. We can run this puddle until the end of the current regular season and then place the top ranked teams at the end of it into the Stunty Division next season.

If we make the Stunty Division either 8 teams or else run it as a Swiss Tournament (a bad idea I think as we just got rid of the trouble making Swiss format from the rest of the Divisions) it'll run in line with future seasons...

Simply putting everyone into the Puddle is the easiest way to get the start date lined up with the rest of the competition and, more importantly, to determine who are our most dedicated and enthusiastic stunty coaches.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
FLo711

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Thank god I'm not a muppet any more - if only I'd cottoned on earlier and created an Agility team like the Southside StoneSmashers or the Zen Adepts. Sad

Damn right Twisted Evil
chunky04

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Covertfun wrote:

Fair enough that someone as gifted as chunky04 can say:
Quote:
3) Not enough good agility team players - I still see a lot of players trying to play agile teams as bashers - thus leading to them getting smashed and further propagating the bashy team myth, which is a big part of it. A lot of people seem to give up against a bashy team before the game even starts, play like muppets, then wonder why they copped a lot of pain.

but we're not all as lucky as chunky04 with his brilliant and incisive ability to generate an "Ag team with an Ogre and 2 Dirty Players and 4 Guard blitzers"

The great coach chunky is not as diplomatic as covert. He says, stop hiding behind smileys and crap and just come out and say it if you have a problem - stick it up your arse covert.

Quote:
It'd never crossed my feeble muppet brain to build an Ag team with an ogre in it. I remember thinking that Av8 might protect my players a bit, but never had the coaching ingenuity to hire an ogre or 4 blitzers. If only I'd thought to have cheaper catchers as well... but I guess I'm not as good a coach as chunky. Mad

You mean the ogre who lost me at least 4 games and did how many CAS? Ooh, a grand total of 3 in 20 games! Like I said covert, if you think I-House were a bashy team then you were one of the ones who got hoodwinked by the DP's - they generally won or lost based on their ball handling and cage breaking.

Quote:
And as for Neverborn - he clearly doesn't have the same coaching skill as chunky... i mean sure, he occasionally won the premier league, but he couldn't get his FF up for sh**, and as for the lack of Guard and/or an Ogre, well... the roster speaks for itself.

Hence he would be included as one of the good AG team coaches who changed, thus throwing the balance out more. Or did you not bother to read that part once you got your knickers in a knot?

Quote:
For myself, having coached the Reagents through an annoying last two seasons where aging and costly players exaggerated the difficulties of being a stupid coach, i decided to continue the cycle of abuse and created the Wicker Men, a foul-machine Undead team. Now, I'm a better coach than chunky! Laughing

Funnily enough you weren't one of the poor coaches I was referring to, and are yet another who has switched sides to thin the ranks of the good AG players. But you seem to have a bee in your bonnet regardless, which I reckon is such a shame you can piss off for all I care.

BTW, in case folks didn't notice - yes I do get a bee in the bonnet abotu posts full of lots of insinuation and sarcasm and smileys. Get straight to the point or don't bother.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, some bugs fixed up, and learned a few extra things to get the process wholly automated - Twahnlow's Ladder is up!

It should update every hour (so long as my computer isn't napping or suffering the effects of a dramatic indoor cricket injury). And yes - it only records SPP related events! At the moment this is all I could automate, details coming from the reports that Bob gets the links to.

Chunky has some ideas for getting the actual game html's to pick up the blocks, rushes (and as Sandune kindly pointed out straightaway - fouls) that the Twahnlow's used to be awarded on. Exams getting in the way again and will have to look at this after they're done, so this will have to suffice till then.

The link for those who don't read the BB channel is

Twahnlow's Ladder
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

FFS Snorri! You the man! Smile

Wowsers...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic stuff Snorri! Very Cool!

And <b>chunky</b> and <b>Covert</b>.... tsk tsk... take it outside boys! Wink
annachie

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

So I suppose the next question is when will this all happen.

Just asking since my last game (rnd 5 ) was 13/10/2004, rnd 6 is so looking as a forfeit (Wallace hasn't logged in in 19 days), rnd 7 a bye, rnd 8 Sparticus, and rnd 9 is Rolfus who has played 1 out of 6 so far so is looking like another forfeit Sad

Div 3 sucks Sad Then again, so do my Snotlings Smile
chunky04

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Geez Clay, you gotta let me have my grumbly old man rants every now and then, keeps me a bit less insane.

I reckon the straight to puddle for next season idea is a goodun Twahn - also gives people a good time to change to a new team if they want, as there will be plenty of similarly sized teams around to play.

As to timing annachie - I imagine lil leeg is going to get an awful big hurryup soon.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm maybe I should start training up an Ag team to replace the warlizards as I do agree we are getting far more bashing teams in the higher divisions (its all the Dwarves fault)
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is these rosters aren't really designed to last 40+ matches of full contact (as opposed to the recovery games you can get in ranked/divx) bloodbowl. I fully understand why the Prince Reagents and Corporate Fraud Chaingang left the league as those two sides were really getting brutalised. Simple fact is, regardless of how good you are, the bashy teams can take this continuous grinding longer, and recover more easily from a few unlucky rolls.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

WHo is going to cancon?

Chunky and i are seriously considering making the journey, as we are over the dogcon politics at the moment, with the comp system etc. Be great to meet up and get up to some serious mischief Razz
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A bunch of the melbourne guys are planning on being there, i will prob miss this year due to financial issues but Elan and a couple others are planning on being their and so is Ozjesting I think...

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

TEA BAGS INC will be there and with the cool shirts as well Smile...
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I will be there or sure! I am representing NSW you know as your MOAB Champion Wink And I suggest you set aside the first night after play and join me at MEE SING...the BEST chinese restaurant in ACT as far as I am concerned. Will be gathering interested parties nearer the date so we can book. It only holds about 30 people Wink
Be sure and send in your forms and avoid the late fee. The website has one to download and the yellow booklets should be available at all good gameing stores now!
Look forward to seeing you all there!

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno gumbi, I have had one very pertinent point raised as to why I should go to Dogcon, mainly involving me owing someone there money.

IT wasn't really the comp system that's putting me over the hump though, as much as that I'll have a much better time socially at Cancon, given that the Belltower mob will probably be there rather than at the Belltower, which is where I normally stay.