27 coaches online • Server time: 09:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

in the last game i played with DE vs CD
one BC had BT and tried to dodge, while standing next to a player with DT
i got the following message:

DIVING TACKLE skill NOT used. It is not necessary.
BREAK TACKLE skill used.
DODGE FINAL RESULT: Hoblosh
TARGET: 2 --- ROLL: 3 + 0 = 3

the dodge was successfully

well is there somewhere a hint why DT isnt allowed allthough it would help?
Trif

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i think that may be a glitch. DT compares the dice roll for the agility, and it would have failed, but BT uses the strength

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see he had some handicaps.

His Bull probably got +ST.

So the dodge with BT and your DT would be a 3+ roll. If the Bull managed the dodge with BT, you don't use DT, because it wouldn't help, and thus it isn't necessary, it will only result in a proned DT player

Skeloboy
p4m

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

was just st4 BC
and DT should be used on BT as well shouldnt it?
Bruno

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It should be used. Ive noted teh same bug. Seems the client check s with Diving Tackle against the agility roll, and after that it checks for Break Tackle.
If the procedure just change order so Diving Tackle is checked last it would work as we want.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i don't know whether the BT or the DT must be announced first. it does matter a lot here.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i think that the player making the dodge must announce his use of skills first, then the opposing player announces his skills. In the situation here, the dodging BC should have announced that it was using BT, and the the diving tackle should modify the roll according to the rules (-2). In this case the bull would have needed a 4 to dodge with BT opposed by DT, but a 6 to dodge if BT wasn´t used. I think.

M

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2005 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

nope it was successfully while rolling the "3"
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Well, i think that the player making the dodge must announce his use of skills first, then the opposing player announces his skills. In the situation here, the dodging BC should have announced that it was using BT, and the the diving tackle should modify the roll according to the rules (-2). In this case the bull would have needed a 4 to dodge with BT opposed by DT, but a 6 to dodge if BT wasn´t used. I think.

M

Unless there's a rule, I don't see why the dodging player should make an announcement first. Given the weird clarification that you roll the dice first and then decide to use skills, in the boardgame it could also work like this:

Player A dodges, fails the roll.

Player B gets to use his diving tackle skill. He can either say "Ok, I don't use it", then Player A could use his break tackle and dodge away or he could use it, in which case both players go down, Player A gets an armour roll on his dude and a turnover.

I'd think a situation like this would lead to quite an argument in the boardgame, depending on who you play Wink
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Unless there's a rule, I don't see why the dodging player should make an announcement first. Given the weird clarification that you roll the dice first and then decide to use skills, in the boardgame it could also work like this:

Player A dodges, fails the roll.

Player B gets to use his diving tackle skill. He can either say "Ok, I don't use it", then Player A could use his break tackle and dodge away or he could use it, in which case both players go down, Player A gets an armour roll on his dude and a turnover.

I'd think a situation like this would lead to quite an argument in the boardgame, depending on who you play Wink

I think the dodging player should announce first.

Player X says "Fluffy is going do dodge away."
Player Y says "Ok, he's got AG 2, so I don't need to use diving tackle."
Player X says "Oh, by the way, I'm using break tackle and you just declined to use diving tackle. Thanks."

-vs-

Player X says "Fluffy is going to dodge away, and he'll use his break tackle skill."
Player Y says "Oh, Fluffy is ST4, so I'm going to use diving tackle on him."
Player X says "Crap, hope I roll a 4."

It definitely makes a difference.
Slick

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL. You guys are amazing with this lawyer stuff. You have to announce that you are using Break Tackle before you make the dodge so that str replaces ag. If you don't then you make an ag roll. If you were to just dodge then announce it because you failed your ag roll, you would be able to just keep dodging until you failed and then change your story to "Oh, Im gonna use break tackle now that I didnt get away with another bs dodge." It's common sense. Stop trying to manipulate the game in your favor you limey, butt monkeys. But seriously, keep doing the lawyer thing because it's the mature thing to do. =)

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I see what you are saying slick but seriously i think that is the way the client looks at it. a bit like the dodge reroll or MB on armour or inj roll. BT is only used if it's needed so if you roll a 6 with your BT AG1 BigGuy then good on ya nice dodge then dodge again but roll 3 oh look, break tackle away we go.
This might just be the way the client has to handle it i am no programmer.

I can see this becoming a bit like the DT/Shadow row er discussion with all the he said she said crap

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:
LOL. You guys are amazing with this lawyer stuff. You have to announce that you are using Break Tackle before you make the dodge so that str replaces ag. If you don't then you make an ag roll. If you were to just dodge then announce it because you failed your ag roll, you would be able to just keep dodging until you failed and then change your story to "Oh, Im gonna use break tackle now that I didnt get away with another bs dodge." It's common sense. Stop trying to manipulate the game in your favor you limey, butt monkeys. But seriously, keep doing the lawyer thing because it's the mature thing to do. =)

LOL, you're dead wrong mate. You announce that you want to use a skill after a particular roll. "Common sense" doesn't matter here, the rules within the LRB have priority.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Slick wrote:

Actually Jervis Johnson clarified that you declare skills after seeing the dice. In a different thread I pointed out the cheese factor in seeing a failed dodge roll and then saying "nah, I don't need to use diving tackle then."
But that's how the rules are, as silly as it is.

Since this silliness is official, I'd think that unless a clear sequence of play exists, either interpretation on how diving tackle vs breaking tackle works is valid.

In the boardgame it would translate to the first player who delcares his skill is the loser, hence I think it would lead to quite an argument, culminating in the league ref to reach a decision (most likely catering the loudest whiner at the table).
Slick

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yikes, well I'm sorry for my ignorance on the see the dice, use the skill sequence, but at least you guys see the stinky "cheese" factor in such a gripe. Perhaps it should be treated as both skills are declared simultaneously after the die are rolled, or better yet we could apply good sportsmanship and not be such babies over stuff like this. =)