40 coaches online • Server time: 13:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Good to see another team coming up which means we could effectively start the tourney now, but with one more pact or Lustrian team we could finish the last Evil stable. Come on everybody - do the boogey and join!

Yeah, come on... if you are reading this and fancy joining this tournament, create a Chaos Pact or Lustrian team and join in the fun so we can get going!
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Shameless bump!

M

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely someone here must know someone with some time to kill to join this league... I don't want to be in the stable that doesnt play just cos we need one more team! Come on people, get recruiting!

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the Battle of the Pacts is underway and the first game has been played. The result?

A truly decisive tie!

Teambuilding Theories had a slight edge coming into the match. With a small TR advantage and a full roster of 3 big guys, a chaos warrior, a blodgin' sidesteppin' gutter runner and a horder of marauders to back them up, it looked grim for the swashbuckling boys of Old World Charm. Fortunately some early injuries (a BH on the ogre and a MNG on the gutter runner) evened things up quickly and gave the advantage over to the good guys. This is fortunate, because that first drive was an ugly one - with the Chaos Pact utterly dominating the Old World in a quick drive to the endzone.

The second half looked far more promising to start. The Theories started off in a tough position because of a Blitz! allowing the faster Old World crew to encircle his diminished team. He managed to punch through, however, leaving the Charm scrambling to catch up. We finally evened it up on turn 7 and Mithrilpoint was left without an option to score (his gobbo had been taken out earlier). I could have had a very, very slim chance at snagging the lead to end the game, but he wisely used his final blitz to stun my remaining 'fling and take away my one unlikely shot at a winning score.

Thanks again for the match, Mithrilpoint.

<talk class="smack">
You feel free to bring that dirty player back around for another go, when you're done nursing your wounds. That gutter runner looks like he didn't heed his warning and could use some further "education" anyway. Oh yeah... I'm supposed to be afraid of those big guys and their superior nose-picking ability, right? Well, I'll be sure to wear my "I'm with stupid ->" jerseys for the next match, so that the troll will feel a little more comfortable and, hopefully, he can remember to throw some blocks this time. The Ogre, on the other hand... I'm not sure what I can do to help out a 900 pound lineman who hurts himself trying to push around a 3' tall longbeard. You're on your own with that one.

In the meantime, I'll settle for sharpening my claws on a few of those lightly-armored marauders and letting the woodelves limber up by dancing around the BOB. Like I'm supposed to be afraid of an orc named Bob, anyway... sheesh.
</talk>

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey BB if you need another team or a replacement team down the road let me know i'd be interested missed the whole set up of this Smile
Cyric612
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

cyric612 wrote:
Hey BB if you need another team or a replacement team down the road let me know i'd be interested missed the whole set up of this Smile
Cyric612

Grab 3 friends and if you all make Old World or Lustrian teams, you can make the 3rd Good stable.

Not that Good really needs the help but we should offer all those lesser Evil teams a chance to play at once by having an equal number of stables.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyric, the 3rd Evil stable is also looking for 1 more team. You can use either a chaos pact or lustrian team.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Not that Good really needs the help but we should offer all those lesser Evil teams a chance to play at once by having an equal number of stables.

Agreed. No fun in waiting, especially with the long rounds projected (deadline for first round is may 1.) So get another good stable whipped up and finish the last Evil stable. Then we´ll have a good ol´ epic battle. And with the stable TR cap at 600 there should be plenty of room for equal games.

And just a shout out to all the other evil coaches :

I have decided to set up a bounty for BMM´s ag5 leaper. Whoever manages to give that guy a niggle, -ag, -st or RIP will have the questionable honor of having the next player on my favourite team named after him. Twisted Evil

Aaah..the inhumanity...excellent...

M
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
I have decided to set up a bounty for BMM´s ag5 leaper.

So, is that an admission that your girly little big guys couldn't handle the job?

Sounds like an admission to me...

ps. Oh yeah... and *bump* need a few more coaches to get 3rd stables running. Old World and Lustrians needed!

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I'll make a chaos pact team and apply it
Smile
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Like I'm supposed to be afraid of an orc named Bob, anyway... sheesh.

Bob Bobsen the BOB just told me, that he takes that remark as a personal insult. He's still wondering how to counter Georg's leaping abilities and hopes to receive permission to dig a great hole in the field, fill it with spikes and camouflage it. Next step will be to convince Georg to leap onto the spot where branches, leaves, a net and different flowers are arranged in a very random and not very suspicious pattern.

Ah, Bob, I sense great potential in you...
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
your girly little big guys

Btw, we all know that Mithrilpoint's mino is known as "Little Big Horn" among friends...
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

cyric612 wrote:
Ok I'll make a chaos pact team and apply it
Smile

Welcome to our stable! Smile
SixFootDwarf

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Aight, lads. Time to take out the trash....i.e. anything even moderately associated with Chaos. How I got the be the only HONEST Lustrian team is beyond me. Then again, most women ARE attracted to bad guys and Lustrian teams are mostly chicks, so....pretty sad really. Lustria is one of the old bastions of Good. hmmmm.

So Azmo, you and your Old World pals start breaking Amazon heads and I'll see if I can motivate my worthless Big Guys into doing the same. The problem with naming big boys stupid things is that they start living up to their names.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Cold-Blooded and Calculating vs Old World Crossbreeds

A surprising 1-1

On paper the gap between the two teams were quite large with a relatively new team of 10 Crossbreeds facing a slighly more experienced and battle-hardened Lustrian team who supplied the only 2 Big Guys on the field. Fortunately the two Big Guys granted an early advantage to the underdogs as they both stood stupified before they even had a chance to react. As an amazon managed to bring herself down fairly quickly in the first turn as well, the Crossbreeds found themselves in a position to obtain a lead as they bounced through the Lustrian offence and grabbed the ball.

The rest of the 1st half almost fell out to the advantage of the Crossbreeds as the previous part of the game had done before it, but in the end the Cold-Blooded kept the Crossbreeds away from the ball though they also failed to equalize.

2nd half proofed more exiting as luck was slowly evening out and a couple of Crossbreeds got carried of the field from time to time. The happy Old World family failed to break through the Lustrian lines this time and saw cousin Marcus crash - letting the ball go - in the attempt to dodge away from the majority of the opposing teams players.

The Cold-Blooded got the ball across to the opposite part of the field and it looked like it could be an easy TD till enforcer Marian was brought face-to-face with the grass and the bal scattered next to a Crossbreed lineman. Jeremia who had made the young lady go down found himself in the Dug-outs shortly after as he tried to get to the ball to cover it together with his human cousin.

The Lustrians made it 1-1 shortly after and little time was left for any of the teams to produce anything of further notice.

The two feared Big Guys probably proved to be one of the deciding factors in me managing a draw as they left some gaps I could exploit as well as failing quite simple things (like blocking with 2d and NOT getting yourself KO).

Bring on some evil!
 Jump to: