24 coaches online • Server time: 02:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you play, non-BG Gen access Stunty ?
Yes - I do not think Big Guys shouls have it anyway
34%
 34%  [ 32 ]
Yes - I would play it as well as the current stunty league
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
No - It would water down stunty too much
15%
 15%  [ 14 ]
No - Stunty league is all about Big Guys slaughtering all
19%
 19%  [ 18 ]
Who the hell brought this back up again? - Go away
20%
 20%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 93

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the dust should have settled by now on the Big Guy general access rules in ranked.

I thought now would be a good time to ask the question once more, about how people feel it could be handled in stunty, i.e. perhaps as a seperate league, having perhaps played a few non-bg access games in ranked, or against perhaps the Ogre teams.

Also, there was a test league I think being played with no BG Gen access, I would be interested in knowing how that was going.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You should add another option

Yes - I do not play stunty now but would if G access were removed
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not appear to be able to edit the poll to add that.

The irony being, that is the option I would vote ofr myself!
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds like a stupid idea, take away general access and your left with boring no good Big guys and teams that cant perform half as well as the regular teams in Ranked division. To me stunty is all about maiming and killing, isn't that the general idea with stunty? Taking away general access would inevatibly reduce the amount of casualties and make stunty a boring childrens game. I know we have to keep this channel "family friendly" but we don't have to take it to extremes.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would still play stunty no matter what was done to the Big Guys... It's just a lot of fun, and a pleasant distraction... Should give extra SPPs for TTM's in my humble opinion!

Bashing Big Guys can dominate matches though... so removing GA isn't so bad... just makes it funnier on both go down rolls!

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Schalburg wrote:
That sounds like a stupid idea, take away general access and your left with boring no good Big guys and teams that cant perform half as well as the regular teams in Ranked division. To me stunty is all about maiming and killing, isn't that the general idea with stunty? Taking away general access would inevatibly reduce the amount of casualties and make stunty a boring childrens game. I know we have to keep this channel "family friendly" but we don't have to take it to extremes.

Stunties do kill stunties. And the casualty rate would still be higher then Ranked.

The flip side is, at the moment, many rosters are just 2 heavy SPP stacked killing machines and 14 fodder, with less thought put into team development. Sure, there is some fun in just maiming and slaughtering, but much strategy, which of the two is realy more the "childrens game" ?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

for having played in unranked without G acces, KEEP G ACCES!!!!!!!!!!

Peikko was right and made the right choice
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted "Yes - I would play it as well as the current stunty league", because I love stunty and will probably continue to play no matter what changes occur. However, I do not agree with the position that G access should be lost.

However, I am very open to team concepts which include no G access on any players, teams without Big Guys altogether, teams with non-G Big Guys (new ones), etc. If people have more viable options, this debate becomes moot, as I see it.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in favour of a 4th option. Removal of Stunty leeg...

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you removed gen acess from big guys you would have to rebalance all the teams in the league. Squigs would be incredible since no one has reliable big guys and they essentially have six now. What about gen acess on big guy equivalants like mechavermin and strig lords? It would be way to much work to have to rebalance the whole division again.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

"rebalance the division" ????

That statement requires an assumption that not even an evangelical christian could be comfortable with

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I was speaking in relative terms Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that death and destruction is an admirable goal of stunty leeg, but I get much more enjoyment out of watching my c-flings cage up and score a td than I do with watching my minotaur get another 3db against a skryre slave. Taking away the G access makes them less killing machine and more tactical killing machine. Anything that increases the use of tactics in what is otherwise a physician's training center works for me. I don't want to take the mayhem away, just make it strategic mayhem.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2005 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

gotta love it when Zucchini gets 6 cas a match... pity he is the only team member standing to see it these days!

Vault rules for Stunty Wink TV instead of TR, im all for that heh Wink

youll see why when you see my chaos fling team
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So far, the poll says that most people want G access to Big Guys and that's great! Smile