94 coaches online • Server time: 22:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
geertfebe

Post 9 Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I know there are a lot of experimental teams around, like bretonnians, arabic, robots etc.
I thought, if there's ever a place for them to try out, it's in division x.
Why are they not tested here? Has it been tried yet or what?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Experimental (in the context of division X) is a semi-official state that the BBRC was using before integrating a new team into the LRB. Khemri were "experimental" for a year or so while they tweaked the team and ended up with all AG2, for example. Necros originally started with one werewolf with different skills (I remember we were all scratching our heads over the addition of the catch skill until we figured out it was a "fetch!" joke). Pro Elves were experimental back when they originally had Leap instead of NoS on the catchers. That sort of thing.

Of course, now all those experimental teams have been made official. The teams you're listing off are house rules, rather than (in this context, mind you) experimental.

I have no way of actually knowing this for sure but I don't expect anything to be done with divX until the admins and Ski figure out whether or not they can feasibly do a Vault-compliant version of JBB and start using DivX for its original purpose again - which is testing experimental rules from GW, rather than house rules from the MBBL2, for example.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

And in the meantime DivX needs more coaches! Its just like [U], but with negative winnings (along with freebooted apos) and NO AGING. Thats right, if you hate ageing then come join us brave few in DivX!

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i have divx teams but nobody wants to play! you would think with no ageing people would play it Smile
asperon

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I just think that ppl doesn't know about divX.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I just think that div X is crap.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose that DivX is in a state of transition. IIRC, This will be the new Vault Playtesting division where you can try out the new version of Nurgles Rotters (which i think are excellent). I had hoped the Slann and Snotlings would make it to the Vault (not the broken ones in Stunty Leeg) but you cant have it all.

Just a suggestion but we already have no ageing here, but if some other vault Non-JBB rules were used as playtest here, it could even show how the system works at a rudimentary level. Im specifically talking about the Team Value (TV) system here, as its a radical change and even a monts playtesting would prove worthwhile to JJ et al, even more than the 6 monts of tabletop!

Just a suggestion. Any thoughts?

Rob
NastyOgre

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I just think that previously made divx teams should be able to goto unranked div. My ogre team could playe there now but Iwoud have to start over.Grrr...
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

Just like I think ladder is crap. And I like DivX. So don't say that about it again, like you demanded from me about ladder.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

NastyOgre wrote:
I just think that previously made divx teams should be able to goto unranked div. My ogre team could playe there now but Iwoud have to start over.Grrr...

Well, there has been a time where they could. I believe that that way was barred, because of an exploit concerning the cheap apothecary.

Pau

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
NastyOgre wrote:

Well, there has been a time where they could. I believe that that way was barred, because of an exploit concerning the cheap apothecary.
I guess the possibility to get a few legends without rolling for age and then moving them to unranked is an even bigger exploit.
Buur

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

if div x shall be popular it should be posible to have turneyes in div x.... then i think that div x would spring right back to life....
-buur

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker7 wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:

Just like I think ladder is crap. And I like DivX. So don't say that about it again, like you demanded from me about ladder.

ok excuses here from me.

Indeed I don't even remember when I said that.

But I'll explain why I said div x is crap: considering the concept: "test next official rules" of div x you get a concept in wich the test rules aren't anyway next official rule (ageing and apo). Vault will not be implemented. nothing new will be added: 'it's only a testground for next rules and not a homemade rules division'.

I would like to play in a div x division whith another feeling (from U) BUT it's obvious that nothing will be done.

I am by no way for any suppres of div X, I thçink that div X needs support and creativeness, that a lot can be done here but that on FUMBBL, Ranked, Faction and little below Unranked get the only interest from the staff
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the teams from the fluff myself. Underworld Creepers would be cool.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2005 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
This will be the new Vault Playtesting division where you can try out the new version of Nurgles Rotters (which i think are excellent). I had hoped the Slann and Snotlings would make it to the Vault (not the broken ones in Stunty Leeg) but you cant have it all.
Rob

OT: Does anyone know a link to find these experimetal rosters?
 Jump to: