57 coaches online • Server time: 23:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Elf Race Is The Best?
High Elf
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
Elf
13%
 13%  [ 21 ]
Dark Elf
44%
 44%  [ 67 ]
Wood Elf
28%
 28%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 151

Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

So Whatcha think guys? Is it High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, or just plain ole Elves?
Jasonian

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW I voted for elves because they have the best catchers and I think side step is better than dodge/leap to start with.
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i went elf - av8 side step blitzers are nice
They dominate the ball skillz arena with the catchers
and im running quite a sucesful bunch of them atm.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll say Dark Elves. Slow but their AV8 helps and they have some of the best defensive in BloodBowl when it comes to gameplay imho.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and its likely that the team can be destroyed in one game with a few bad rolls

I always say the best team is one that can play more than one type of game, and for me that is the Dark Elves, and to a lesser Extent, the High Elves

Dark Elves are difficult to start well, but once they get going, they are the best elf team
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say High Elves.

Four AG4 ST3 MV8 catchers are a real asset imho. All other "dedicated catchers" have ST2.

Note: Pro Elves are not "good". They are "broken". See the difference?

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not an elf player myself, but I've always thought that dark elves were scary at high TR.

Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark elves.

Four AG4 ST3 MV7 AND AV8 Blitzers are a real asset imho. All other "teams" only have 2 Blitzers Wink

Sorry, could not resist. I guess DE are the best because of the versatality. You can easily score 2 turns most of the time and with those blitzers and witch elfes you can put on hell of a defense.

I agree that Elves are broken. Ever thought of giving dump off to the catchers on a double? get my point? imagine them passing to and fro with you hitting them without getting the ball.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote for "pro" elves, because they aren't unstoppable on offense, even more than woodies. Their catchers are simply broken, you could have 4 players with catch and nerves of steel from the start, simply ridiculous.
In the long run probably dark elves are better for their AV8 armour and usually a skilled dark elf team is very strong on defence, too.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro-elves are broken until the other team starts breaking your players for real. I used to have the complete lineup, now I'm down to 1 blitzer, 2 catchers, 1 thrower and 6 lineman. Still, they are the best elf team, in my opinion, closely followed by dark elves.
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves are the most durable and can genuinely hold their own against pretty much anybody.
I just love their versatility - they can run the ball (easier than they can pass at low TR), they don't break all the time and they really irritate on defense.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I went for DElf as mine rock even when playing recovery but then i haven't really tried the others properly. My 1 woody experience i got slapped silly first game and couldn't even recover against treeless flings.
Maybe i will try por elves next new team for comparison.

mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to love my pro elves until

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=377340

then i had a useful dark elf team

but my current woody team are my favourite, just for the awesomeness of having ma7 ag 4 linemen, as well as big guy access
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

High Elves are pretty good though for development. Many tend to underestimate them. But i´d still say DE are best allround as well as in higher TR.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted High over Dark simply because the catchers stats are incredible. Develop them with a few skills and they're an awsome player.

There is very little in it though, DE's start more pricey but get more skills HE are slightly more affordable so you can build your ideal roster faster and get skills on the positional players that you couldn't afford when you started the team.

Woodies and Pro's break too easily for the price. Course, if you're playing a short term tourney then Pro's win out because it's so hard to outscore them.
 Jump to: