42 coaches online • Server time: 18:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Post your questions below. I'll update the FAQ as I answer the questions.

Q: What teams can join?
A: Any [S] team is eligible.

Q: When can I join?
A: The tournament begins May 1st but you can join at any time.

Q: Can I join with more than 1 team?
A: Yes, but only one team can win a prize. When the June 1st deadline arrives, only your highest point scoring team will remain in the group and thus be elligible for the lottery draw for the playoff spots.

Q: Where is the tournament draw?
A: There will only be an official draw for the 4 lottery winners at the end of the "open" phase (June 1st).

Q: Can I play a team more than once in the R.O.T.?
A: Yes, but only your best result will count for scoring purposes.

Q: For scoring purposes what counts as contracting the Nurgle's Rot?
A: Any of you players who receives a niggling injury that is not successfully apothed or regenerated counts as contracting Nurgle's Rot.

Q: Where do I post my results?
A: In the results thread.

Q: Can I score points versus teams that are not in the R.O.T.?
A: No, so it's best that you convince them to apply to the group before you play your match.

Q: How come there is a point scoring penalty for matches where I play down in TR? How come you didn't use TS?
A: Unfortunately, due to abuses by some coaches in the initial TNT, I decided that disincentives were required to ensure the spirit of the Stunty Leeg Events was protected. I wish this was not required, but one coach in particular demonstrated the need for such an extra rule. TS is not a fair indicator of a team's power in Stunty Leeg, so I chose to stick with TR.

Q: How come the R.O.T. doesn't use the Open Round Robin Format of the original TNT?
A: Someone chose to completely disregard the spirit of the TNT. Thus requiring new rules which makes it unfeasable to to use a fully automated approach of an Open Round Robin Tournament. This also has the added benefit of allowing coaches to join the Event after it has started.

Q: Is this a serious ultra-competitive tournament which I should neurotically and compulsively obsess about winning?
A: No, this is a silly Stunty Leeg Event.

Q: What is a Stunty Leeg Event?
A: Stunty Leeg Events (of Death Gore and Explosions) are month long mass participation events designed to add a bit of spice to the Stunty Leeg. They aren't meant to be taken very seriously. Everyone should feel free to participate as much or as little as they feel comfortable. They have been explicitly designed in an attempt to make it fun for coaches of all levels of commitment to participate. If you want a fair and balanced tournament to obess over, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Join R.O.T.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you get additional points for additional niggles and do niggles from aging count?

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2005 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it my best match score that counts or is it more games = more points = more tickets

sounds like it might be a fun intro to stunty Smile

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: Do you get additional points for additional niggles and do niggles from aging count?
A: You get additional points for any niggling injury that shows up on one of your own players and appears on your match report. Therefore, regened/apothed niggling injuries don't count nor do niggling injuries from ageing.

Q: Is it more games = more points = more tickets?
Q: Yes. This is an event and not a serious tournament. The emphasis is on participation, therefore the more you play the more tickets you get. But since those who get to ultimately compete for Nurgle's Blessing are based on a lotto, everyone has an interest to participate as much as they can and/or like.

Q: What happens if I play an opponent twice (or more) during the R.O.T. ?
A: Your best score will be used. Your other scores will be ignored.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i play with my R.O.T. Team outside the R.O.T. to recover or if no R.O.T. coach is willing to play?
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Kekskommander wrote:
Can i play with my R.O.T. Team outside the R.O.T. to recover or if no R.O.T. coach is willing to play?

Yes.