37 coaches online • Server time: 09:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who sould be inducted into the FUMBBL Hall of Fame in the Builder Category?
BadMrMojo
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Christer
37%
 37%  [ 78 ]
Colin
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Cusi
4%
 4%  [ 9 ]
Grumbledook
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Lord_Splutticus
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Mr-Klipp
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
SkiJunkie
29%
 29%  [ 62 ]
Trog
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Twahn
15%
 15%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 208

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The nominations have been gathered and evaluated by the staff of the Hall of Fame. Here's the list (in alpahabetical order) of the Top 10 Builders. Voting will begin on May 1st and run for the whole month.

I've included a brief comment indicating why each Builder was selected. Additional comments/lobbying are welcome at any time. They will be compiled to create a suitable entry in the Hall of Fame for those who are inducted.

Builders
BadMrMojo (User Guide, very helpful forum postings)
Christer (the literal builder of this site)
Colin (User Guide)
Cusi (always helpful, very friendly, GLN)
Grumbledook (genuinely helpful even with all his grumbling)
Lord_Splutticus (Recordopedia Spluttanica)
Mr-Klipp (site development and automation)
SkiJunkie (javabowl client designer)
Trog (Approval machine, great admin troubleshooter)
Twahn (SWL League)

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %01, %2005 - %21:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote Now

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote Twahn...

Whilst I am now the Commissioner for the Southern Wastes League (SWL), a league now into its 9th season and probably the most dedicated league on Fumbbl, Twahn was its founder and Commish for the first 6-7 seasons.

Sure its just for us Aussies and Kiwi types, but the amount of effort Twahn put in made it what it is today.

The old boy still plays in the league and whilst he probably wont win this thing, he deserves to be recognised Smile
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

There is not much to add. Twahn is the man.

I voted for him as well. Even though I am just an exile Kiwi. His League showed me how great BB on the PC is. The SWL is the best structured league I played in. Well done.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok yes Christer and some of the others set things up and keep it running but did they create the real interest? the big surprising dynamic beast pof a league that is , ill say arguably but im a biased aussie so ireally mean absolutely, the best league on fumbbl, the SWL!!!! And don't forget to check out our Channel BB! for all the latest abd greatest coverage of this the greatest sport in the World!! from the greatest league on fumbbl!!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, being an Aussie made this a pretty obvious choice, but I think that Twahn is a great man for his work in the SWL, getting it started and keeping it going till RL issues made him hand over the reins to ClayInfinity (who is also doing a good job).

Just a thought, but I would've expected Christer and SkiJunkie to be in the Hall of Fame automatically, for without them we wouldn't be here playing this game for hours on end, day after day, with people all over the globe.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL is the best thing I've found on FUMBBL so my vote goes to Twahn.
neverborn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

While i understand the irony behind choosing twahn because he set up a tourney on Fumbbl (made by Christer) and played on Javabowl (made by Ski) which uses the automation (made by Klipp)... I want to vote for him cause the SWL rules and he is really awesome.

So all you Australian and Kiwi coaches... what are you waiting for? join now! Recent format changes have made even more ways you can join the fun of SWL!!
ozjesting

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I joined FUMBBL for the express purpose of joining the SWL! Twahn had the vision and it has grown beyond his wildest expectations I would think. Add to this his expert coaches brain and a real "for the people" atitude and you have an excellent snap shot of everything good that FUMBBL represents!

LONG LIVE TWAHN!!!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going for the man himself, Christer. He's the face of fumbbl as far as I'm aware.

If I could I'd vote for ski too! As for Mr klipp, I was never around to see him, since I believe he is on a break or something? But I'm sure he's worth a mention too Wink

JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Christer. Ski will have my neverending gratitude, but the Father of this magnificent site is Christer. And to him my vote goes. Smile

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Shame we can't vote for multiple people - I'd like to vote for another 3 more.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd vote a few times too, but for now, my Vote is with Twahn. Another Dedicated SWL coach is I, and I prob would have lost interest ages ago if not for the SWL. Now I've almost been here 2 years, with almost 750 games and I'm glad to still be here. Go Twahn
Pau

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Skijunkie. I love my javabb
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Who in the world put me in this list!?! Far out... Smile

It's a tough call really, but I had to put my vote with Christer, the original Builder. Skijunkie deserves equally high praise and I'm sure that everyone in our community agrees.

Apart from the two obvious ones there...

Grumbledook telling me that I was his bitch was pretty much my first encounter in FUMBBL as a newbie looking for help. He helped me too though and consistantly does so, so I'd rank him for votage.

Mojo is considerate and wise, as well as extremely friendly and helpful too. I'd hope that a few votes go his way...

And then of course Klipp. Mate, we need more votes! Very Happy

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
 Jump to: