40 coaches online • Server time: 14:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering, how many people make team fluff? I just made a new chaos team, and decided to go "all out" with a story to explain what has happened before the team was formed. it's a nice story imho, and everybody interested can read it here: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=170007

Are there any others doing this? or am I just having too much spare time?

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

with such a huge bio you do have to much spare time though i like team having fluffs, i think it is hard to come up with a background from the beginning i find it easier to give a team some fluff after they have had a few games to develop

just my 2 cents worth

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to in unranked. Cause most of the times I liked to keep track of my players deeds and to record things.

Now in ranked I have a team I love A LOT (Lavino Hellfishes) but I didn't write too much stuff cause players die and all I care about is the team. If I write things down I perform a little worse cause I get too attached to players and I am too scared to defend properly.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends how much fluff you pump in to your teams... I like to create theme teams when I have the chance... I have a Transformers Chaos Dwarf team which I enjoy, and a few themed tournament teams.

As for stories, well... Few people apart from yourself will read them, but if it creates a further avenue of enjoyment for you then why the heck not!

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You run into very bad luck first 2 games and lose your warrior and 3+ beasts. You team is wrecked. Isn´t it annoying, to have such a huge bio written without being able to use it properly?

That´s why I usually add some bio later.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
You run into very bad luck first 2 games and lose your warrior and 3+ beasts. You team is wrecked. Isn´t it annoying, to have such a huge bio written without being able to use it properly?

That´s why I usually add some bio later.

Then i'll just copy the story and make new chaos?

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this story mean that this is the team I'm facing in the Rivalry? I'm all confused now.....

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Does this story mean that this is the team I'm facing in the Rivalry? I'm all confused now.....

no it means this is my new ranked chaos team sweetheart

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Great bio Dreadclaw, very nice story and beautifully told.

I rarely make fluff for my teams, primarily because i´m not into the warhammer world..and actually i wouldn´t care if the team i face was called "lineman 1" and so on. Fluff just doesn´t add anything to the game for me.

But again, your story is great, the idea is good and it made part of my lunch hour more exciting than usual Smile.

One small thing though...the Uber-evil chaos kil-kill forms a Bloodbowl team? Hmm..didn´t see that one coming Wink

M

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Great bio Dreadclaw, very nice story and beautifully told.

I rarely make fluff for my teams, primarily because i´m not into the warhammer world..and actually i wouldn´t care if the team i face was called "lineman 1" and so on. Fluff just doesn´t add anything to the game for me.

But again, your story is great, the idea is good and it made part of my lunch hour more exciting than usual Smile.

One small thing though...the Uber-evil chaos kil-kill forms a Bloodbowl team? Hmm..didn´t see that one coming Wink

M

Well, had to put it in somewhere.. he lost all the evil powers, and has to have blood, but doesn't have the powers, or money to form an army. thus he makes a bloodbowl team Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Changed it slightly, to make a (little) bit more sense

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually upload custom pics for the players and if I can think of some nice theme, I will name the players and choose the team pic accordingly. I concentrate on what can/will be seen by my opponents, so my team bios tend be really short. Reason: On the pitch peeps look at your player pics, team pic and player names but hardly anyone bothers to read the opposing team's bio pre- or post-match.

Macavity

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in the spirit of Karhumies, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=164940 is my best team! I have a theme, lots of player pics, and a reason for the team to exist. My record is also so good now, that the number of wins and ties are greater than the number of losses!!!!

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I'll make a brief sentence or two about the team. Most of my fluff is in the player bios. But yes, I usually do not make a new team without some sort of theme that drives them.

Having a team that is nothing more than a series of numbers and letters to be plugged into the bloodbowl equation is unsatisfying.

I also enjoying reading other team/player bios.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of my teams:

5 stars league, Norse Runners
-custom pics from FUMBBL database, team picture and player bios

Ogre League, Powerpuff Ogres
-themed names, uploaded player pics, team bio=link to trivia and a team pic

There can be only one-tourney, Count Duckula
-Bios, mp3, pics, very themed player

Grudge League, Sacred Worshippers of Nuffle
-Player bios, uploaded player pics, themed names

Unranked, Zombies do it better
-Custom player pics, team pic

Wanna Be a Stunty Star 2 Brain Ablation
-Themed names, team bio and team pic

Stunty, Super Mario Bros.
-team pic, themed player names

Ranked, Kirbys' Block Ball
-team pic, themed player pics and simple names

I play a huge variety of games (video games, card games, miniature games, board games...) and that can be seen also from the teams I've chosen for my teams.

Jump to: