45 coaches online • Server time: 09:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Delmont

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to know, does fumbbl do it to everyone? I thought I was getting hosed so I decided to do some recording.

In the last week and 1/2:
22 go for it attempts
16 failures

14 pass attempts
6 failed with a 1

About the only thing I succeed in is blocking. Anyone else have this?
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I never succeeded a roll in over 500 games, I'm truly jinxed
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You succeed in blocking? Man.. you lucky git.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

try asking Jinxed about go for it's. and you will hear a tale of snakeeyes ;-P

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Go for it is about a 4+. So 16 failures on 22 attempts isn't great, but not terrible either, since you make around one of four 4+-rolls.

Does that make sense?
Smess

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe .....
Maybe, the Random Dice Generator isn't random at all

Anyone ever thought of that ????
Saint

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

U are lucky enough Wink

So stop whinning ...hehe
masterpaw

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If you´ve got question regarding to dice-statistics, just google
around for mr. gauss... Wink

In the end you´ll be "luckier" in the next 50 games ! ^^

I would bet a dozen rats-on-a-stick.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope that that was in jest, Smess, or I will have to kill you!

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

what do the dice rolls have to do with fumbbl, its javabowl or nuffle you should blame Smile

Last edited by ruoste on %b %01, %2005 - %09:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Random number generator is random but there's one big flaw in JBB design. Both players use same random number generator and thus while the other usually has good luck the other has really bad luck.

"Why this ?", you ask. Well it's because the numbers gotten from random number generator follow the laws of randomness thus after certain number of d6 rolls average goes towards 3.5. So, when the other player rolls couple double 6s the other player has to roll couple 1s. Sometimes this situation evens out but in most games it does not.
Rusk

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Well it's because the numbers gotten from random number generator follow the laws of randomness thus after certain number of d6 rolls average goes towards 3.5. So, when the other player rolls couple double 6s the other player has to roll couple 1s. Sometimes this situation evens out but in most games it does not.

As is the case for all the 6-sided dice you use in tabletop BB, no difference there. Remember, the dice have no memory, and neither does the Random number generator (I think Wink
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Rusk wrote:
Quote:

Well it's because the numbers gotten from random number generator follow the laws of randomness thus after certain number of d6 rolls average goes towards 3.5. So, when the other player rolls couple double 6s the other player has to roll couple 1s. Sometimes this situation evens out but in most games it does not.

As is the case for all the 6-sided dice you use in tabletop BB, no difference there. Remember, the dice have no memory, and neither does the Random number generator (I think Wink

Hate to disappoint you but random number generator is a fixed stream of numbers and thus have a memory. It's just matter of seed where this stream is started to read from.

EDIT:

It would be very easy to make a program that would show you the next 20 numbers. Just by looking those you'd notice a pattern that other player gets lucky with some high number while the other gets the bad numbers (because of the alignment of the number stream). And as I said sometimes this evens out but it's not always the case.

Last edited by Rynkky on %b %01, %2005 - %10:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The random generator in the client is more random than dice
Dice are flawed - particualr edges are sloped more than others, wind resistance, table surface, dice are weighted a few microns to one side... etc.

Dice from a computer are truley random, pick up a C++ book or a Java book and figure it out for yourself.
Random numbers are impossible to generate from a computer itself (computers are not capable of making a choice) the rand() function in Java that ski uses in the client runs off your system clock so you can write a program to predict the numbers that will be spit out if you can figure out the algorithim that rand() uses.

Try some research before claiming (out of ignorance and frustration at your most recent game) that the dice in the client are rigged

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Just waiting for BMM to wake up, fail his WA roll and roar in rage Smile

Some explanations can be found in this thread.

Last edited by DonKosak on %b %01, %2005 - %10:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: