47 coaches online • Server time: 13:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

I don't say they are underpowered, but sure they are not the perfect BB team, because they had all the things that could make them "special" (mutations) removed.

You do not try to make perfect teams, but try to equalize all teams in a certain range. If CDs would be "perfect" everybody would play them. Now that would be boring. Norse do not have right stuff either. Woodies do not have right stuff either. having TTM does not mean you need to have right stuff as well.

It's more about competitiveness than about uniqueness or perfection.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought they already had access to mutations on their big guy?

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe mutations should be divided in groups depending on the Chaos god? So that a Chaos player would have to choose alignment when creating a team and then only get to choose from those certain mutations. This of course would go to the... whatsitcalled. Them demon teams. So that depending on alignment the player would also get a demon of their choice.

Maybe ALL races should get alignments! So that Dark Elves that align with Slaanesh get Witch Elves/Deamonettes (a few extra maybe?) and those that aligned with Khaine would get a few extra Blitzers.

And Wood Elves that aligned with Kurnous would get an extra wardancer and those that went with Isha would get... uhm... Dryads?

And Sigmar! And Ulric! and! And! and! MUAHAHAHAHAHA.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

They would if anyone would use mino's, but mostly coaches use trolls on cd teams.
Buur

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

And Bull centaurs are not a mutaion per se but a cross breed/assembly between bull and dwarf.

any sane persons should not try to imagine this.....
but for the the looneies the interesting question arise: is there difference in the outcome for a male dwarf mating a cow and a female dwarf and Bull, like with horses and donkeys? or the most amasing thourght a male dwarf and a Bull.....

- Buur

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall wrote:
i may be the only one but i have always wanted chaos elves
more expensive
slower
something
but elves with mutations !
then extra arms and stuff might actually get used sometimes

Here is a roster i found for chaos elves! on blood-bowl.net

Slaanesh Elves
Code:

#    Position       Cost  MA ST AG AV Skills 
0-12 Chaos Cultist  40k   6  3  3  7  None                   GP   
0-2  High Elf Slave 60k   6  3  4  7  Pass, Pride            GAP
0-2  Wood Elf Slave 60k   7  3  4  7  Pride                  GA   
0-4  Catcher        70k   7  3  4  7  Dodge, Idleness        GAP
0-2  Blitzer        90k   7  3  4  8  Block, Cruelty, Frenzy GAP

Rerolls: 60k

Quote:

Cruelty: If there is a prone/stunned player, regardless of team, next to this player at the beginning of HIS turn, roll a d6. On a result of 1, this player MUST move first this turn (you may not skip him) and make a sort of foul. This will be all he does during this turn. This "foul" does not count when using IGMEOY and thus the player will only be evicted on a referee roll of 6. No assists can be given, make a straight armour and injury roll for the prone/stunned player.

Idleness: If this player scores a touchdown, roll a d6. On a roll of 1, the player feels he has done enough for a while and will retreat to the dugout for the next drive, indulging in whatever he, she or it fancies. The player will miss the next drive, but will be available for play again after that drive.

Pride: Captured elves are often used by Slaanesh elves as cannonfodder and to do the unglamourous work of throwing and being handy when a high AG player is needed for something dangerous. But unfortunately elves are a proud race and not broken easily. Before taking any actions with this player (including going prone from stunned and standing) roll a d6. On a roll of 1, much like a failed BoneHead roll, he will refuse to cooperate until he rolls something other than a 1 for a future Pride roll (or until the end of the drive). He may take no further actions and loses his tackle zone. This negative skill can be bought away by expending a double on a Star Player roll. If you choose to do this the slave will recive the honorary title of "entrusted slave" and receive a +1 AV bonus. They still counts as their original slave position though. ie: if you have two slave throwers and one becomes entrusted you may not buy a third thrower. If the slave survives to gain his third star player roll he will beconsidered "broken". He then looses his pride skill automatically. Though he will not gain the +1 AV of the entrusted slave. Broken slaves still count as their original slave position as per "entrusted slaves".

They also had access to a ridiculous big guy. A keeper of secrets, it must be from warhammer or 40k, im unsure, but that roster looks like a lot of fun to play Smile
lord_real

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

As a old Chaos Dwarf player in WHFB I felt that im obliged to enter this conversation and set things right.

Yes. The chaos dwarfs ARE mutated (as in the bullcentaurs and such). But this is a change that took several hundreds of years and the change included a LOT of magic (and probably some selected breeding, since the chaos dwarfs also "invented" the black orcs). The chaos dwarfs dont mutate as fast as other beings. So for a player to develop mutations would be ANTI-fluff wise.

Think of it as the mutations are allready done. They dont mutate more.

More inforamtion on the dwarfs change is on page 4 and on page 48 in the old Chaos dwarfs book.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

fluff wise, last edition of WH could bring a lot of cool teams.
Dark elves+slanesh (fast team with demonette+witch elves. take out blitzers)
deamons
bretonians?
alternative high elf team.
Chaos with a cool Dragonthing (don't remember the name)

damn trully, if a weird division with weird teams would be opened + the help of a guy like Pat who creates terrible icone we would really have something cool
Rusk

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A weird division with weird teams, that could be so cool. No wait, we have Stunty already Very Happy
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I seriously think Divx should be for all this stuff. It would make it alot more fun, much like stunty.

Arcon

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Great roster, an Elf team with cheap LoS fodder. Always wanted that.
And negatraits. Great. I could retire my Ogre team for them. Wink

Well, to the point that started this threat: I believe CDs are a gooood team (were they not voted as the strongest team once on bloodbowl.com?), so why improve them. I have to admit that I thought Chaos Dwarves could mutate because of their name (ahem, when I started playing), but reading all this, I understand that it would not be fluff wise.. Laughing
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO Jan was only joking, thinking that CD were overpowered.

For me it sounded like a joke:

I want a one turner and claw for them since they only have
terrific bull centaurs
and really good linos.

Doesn't it sound like a joke?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
IMO Jan was only joking, thinking that CD were overpowered.

For me it sounded like a joke:

I want a one turner and claw for them since they only have
terrific bull centaurs
and really good linos.

Doesn't it sound like a joke?

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation WEEEEEEEEEEEEE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Congrats sk8bcn!!!!
You won the Great Prize
(no, there's no real prize for this Cool )

Yesterday I was talking to Nordmark about how broken Chaos Dwarfs are. So we came up of the silly idea of Mutations, as "the only thing Chaos Dwarfs lack".
Along with Nordmark and Garaygos was asking myself how many posts would have reached a "Mutated CDs Proposal" thread before someone actually could see the obvious and understand that it was a stupid joke.
And it took 27 posts... Shocked

I admit I expected more insults, and that I was amazed by some of the aswers I got... still it was quite fun. Very Happy

You won the game, sk8bcn! And to all the CD lovers out there: your team should be TONED DOWN!!!! Not given more incredible capabilities!

Rolling Eyes

Sorry to all who hated this little joke. Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

oups ...
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was hilarious Wink

But as Jan said I thought people would be more negative to the idea....

In the end I hope nobody got hurt.