107 coaches online • Server time: 21:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackswamp Superstars, the only gobbo team on this tournament, took it's first game against Ready Men. The score was 2-3 to Ready Men, but Superstars lost their Troll in the second half. And trolls showed why they aren't the most wanted players around, by causing few turnovers on the very first block of the turn.

Ready Men controlled the game and set the pace, but Superstars got their td's by picking up the ball and moving it after Ready Men had fumbled it to loose. Gobbos had superb luck on dodging, and by that they got their td's. Despite the score (2-3) the match wasn't so even. If Superstars would have their players on the pitch, it might have been a little closer fight.

As I said to my opponent, gobbos really need few skills to be effective. Block is the big skill to survive, and catch is good to move the ball. I rolled double 5´s for my gobbo's first skill, and took Sure Hands. I was balancing on block, +MA and Sure Hands, and took the last one. Cos I just need to pick the ball up. Normally gobbos can put 2-4 gobbos to secure the ball before picking it up, but on 5vs5 it just isn't possible.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hail to Blackswamp Superstars!!!! One of the bravest teams of the league!!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Great start to my first tourny.
My opponent hasn't even been online in 3 days. Razz
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackswamp Superstars tied their second match, against origami's Cthulu's Bad Boyz! I had 2 turns left in the game when my opponent scored 1-2. I said to him that I need a miracle now, and when the kick landed straight to the lap of his Chaos Warrior, I said I need a BIG miracle. And it happened. I don't know if my opponent thought that the game was over, but I was able to knock that CW down, took the ball, and run like hell towards the endzone. And on his final turn my opponent gave me a present by calculating his CW's movement wrong. He blitzed, but fell short on squares. I've had some miscalculations myself, and it's nice to get something back Wink

And as every gobbo coach knows, if you don't have the lucks, you will get beaten. This time I got some (61%).

So please give applause for Grutty Gamebreaker, who lived by his name. 2 td's and 1 completion. That's a lot for a little green thing.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, about Did You Know: 5 Stars Special.

The press, fans, everyone loves Strong Bad http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1821061 of Fivestar Runner. Out of 8 games he has been awarded MVP 7 times, and is the most popular player in 5 Stars League.

Last edited by Samuli on %b %11, %2005 - %11:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker7 wrote:

Don't worry man, Magnus is a very reliable coaches. He will be back in time for your game.

Samuli wrote:
Did You Know: 5 Stars Special.

Hmmm... this could be done! A page named "Did You Know: 5 Stars Special" with crazy info about teams!
All we need is to post everything we think is funny or wierd or should be posted.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
Woodpecker7 wrote:

Don't worry man, Magnus is a very reliable coaches. He will be back in time for your game.

Ah, yeah, he came back. Razz Good good.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What a start into the new season for Five in Unlife:
First onslaught by the opponent, and Wight Anthony Kiedis was flattened by their Rat Ogre. The five undead only stood there for a while, flaying unsuccessfully at the rats until Werewolf Curt Cobain rescued the day with the 1-0. Second kick off: The golem goes off the field - in pieces. The rat ogre again, but this time it regenerates. The rats make the tie, but this time the golem doesn't get up again.

Still, Five in Unlife fight on with only 3 against 5 - and manage to secure the ball and score the 2-1. A glorious win, and the winnings even pay for reassembling Anthony Kiedis again - albeit a bit tougher this time.

Some words from Touchdown-Hunter Ron Welty:
WE WILL MEET AGAIN! PREPARE FOR PAAAAIIN!

Unbelievable: 2 deaths against, but 2-1 in TDs on top!
Untoppable: Cwebb after killing half the team: "You had quite some share of luck."

cwebb

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, the five star league has another killer amongst it. Budweiser has always been known for being responsible for a lot of headaches, but in his first BloodBowl match, he caused much more pain. Three casualties and among those two non-regened kills.

Rasfahan, you took care of the ball better than I did, and you got many POWs to bring down my gutter runners, not needing tackle. That's quite some luck. If you'd have played for the long-term, you should have traded that against better injury and regen rolls, though.
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The Five in Unlife redeemed themselves. Even when Morley struck Ron Welty, Curt Cobain made more than up for this sending the first elven blitzer off the pitch in round 2, and a catcher not long thereafter.

Shame to coach hellmaister: He could not motivate his elves to get up again after Roud 5, 2nd half, which could have motivated Paul Cook to score quickly.

Kiedis' boots itched at this behaviour, always twitching to kick some elven groin but he restrained himself in a dispaly of self-control only to be found in 200lb. of raw, rotten meat...

A deserved 2-0 victory.

G_Force

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

First game of the season for newly promoted 5U had to be restarted after one of the team were falsly arrested. In the delay 5 Ugly men took the oppertunity to fire a coule of coaching staff and gain 2 Handicaps at the restart.
The Twisted Sickness that is bllodbowl stepped in from there with the first block of the match putting Drew Johnson in the SI box so now it was 5-4 the other way around. Drew was not lonely for long as he was joined by his catcher teammate Ander Munro. a couple of KO's here and there and the rest they say is history.

Not really an even match with 25+ TR difference on only 5 players i think is quite a lot. May well have been closer if the teams both stayed all on the pitch.

We will just hope that our good fortune continues against the Necro 5 Stars in our next game. We have a slight hope that clan shadowpride can do us some favours in the remaining first round matchup.

Magnus

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I just have to say sorry to woodpecker7 for my really boring gameplay in our match. I was in a hurry and had to stall for more than half a half, when I really outnoumbered him. Sorry m8, not my type of gameplay, but it made it faster, and my g/f a <bit> more un-mad ...

Rematch anyday dude!
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tehe. That's a plenty good enough excuse. Razz When we get a chance, yeah, let's play a rematch.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathstrikes all saw the much dreaded rematch vs the MA8 Bull-centaur abomination but somehow it all worked. Not spectacular but 2-1 is enough. A win is a win. No perm casualties and a wight learned how to kick. Splendid. All I wish is that I had more tackle vs them dodgy elves thje next match. But I guess he'll say the same thing with his experienced dancer missing the game. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Magnus wrote:
I just have to say sorry to woodpecker7 for my really boring gameplay in our match. I was in a hurry and had to stall for more than half a half, when I really outnoumbered him. Sorry m8, not my type of gameplay, but it made it faster, and my g/f a <bit> more un-mad ...

Rematch anyday dude!

stalling is a bad idea in 5 stars. every TD is a point more so score as much as you can!!!
 Jump to: