38 coaches online • Server time: 12:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

no worries, I'd like to thank you for the icons anyway, made playing in the lil leeg a million times better.
FLo711

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick shout out to the funny man, Great show last night, birthday girl and the rest loved it. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

That's right folks..GREAT show indeed! So be sure and take adavantage of the "ozjesting 2 for 1"...it can't last forever Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Calling all Melbourne locals. I am looking to set up a group off us SWL players to get together on a friday or saturday night at my taekwondo club if you are interested please pm me with some details like prefered night,games played,terrain you can bring etc.

cheers.

Luke.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Vladim Oslobahn Dead!

See Channel BB!!

Just happened... i am in game atm... fluff to come...

Sad
annachie

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Faibios wrote:
Calling all Melbourne locals. I am looking to set up a group off us SWL players to get together on a friday or saturday night at my taekwondo club if you are interested please pm me with some details like prefered night,games played,terrain you can bring etc.

cheers.

Luke.

[Obi Wan Kanobi voice]Luke. Choose a suburb Luke.[/Obi Wan Kanobi voice]

Very Happy
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I spoke to Faib last night about this Annachie, and he said Narre Warren. And you can't say thats too far ;p

Brad
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a note of annoyance - I've been noting a lot more non-fluff intrusion into channel BB of late - if you going to bother post their, at least go to the trouble of trying to post in character - if you have something non fluff to say it can easily be posted here. If you've made an honest mistake, it can easily be edited and trned into a proper fluff post.

That is all.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is my dodgey German non-fluff? Sad

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Symm, I think we would all prefer your fluff to either be in English, or come with a translation.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
Just a note of annoyance - I've been noting a lot more non-fluff intrusion into channel BB of late - if you going to bother post their, at least go to the trouble of trying to post in character - if you have something non fluff to say it can easily be posted here. If you've made an honest mistake, it can easily be edited and trned into a proper fluff post.

That is all.

Curious..I went back and read the last 30 posts (3 pages) in Channel BB and I don't see your case being made chunky. While I agree with the sentiment...it appears to me that all the posts were fluffy indeed! Where is this "intrusion"? The only thing I saw was a request for a translation...but other than that...it appears we are fluffier than ever! In fact..if anything..I think Channell BB would be better served by an editor. A few of these "characters" are getting a bit long winded Wink
But my all means...fluf on!

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mate, I've done a few requests for people to change things around a bit - and we had a number of people doing this in our Pro Bowl fluff commentary. It's just a matter of courtesy - if you want to get in on it, at least show enough effort to do it properly, or don't bother.

And my characters being long winded is meant to be part of their (annoying) charm. They like the sound of their own voice. And I like to ramble.

And for reference, no I'm not referring to your post Symm (you could simulpost it in engrish as well though - but we can always translate with altavista if we want to), rather the one following it requesting translation. Is it really all that hard to do it as:

Monkey Boy (or whatever name you prefer): Can we get a translation on that gibberish from the Vermin? What is this, GAP?

It takes about 20 seconds at max to make the change and keeps the flow of Channel BB going - if you can't be bothered doing that, post it in here.

If its an honest mistake fair enough - just go back and edit the post.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have t admit there have been times when the occasional non fluff post has snuck in, and i have been a little shirty but i have said nothing so i thank Chunky for bringing the Issue up. Channel BB! is without a doubt the best Fluff I have seen on any forum in reagrds to any game. Not to say i have seen them all buti am including the MW4 ones i have seen and as they were often whole fan fics , sometims of very good quality i think thats saying something.

We have a lot of new people so i think a bit of Channel BB! history might be worth mentioning. The Idea came about after a particularly good run of posts in season 4 forum and my feeling at the time was that won't it be a bugger that after the season this will not be easily able to be gone back to and read. After a few mirC chats i said stuff it, lets start a thread and it has gone on from there. Its now up to 18 pages and is i am confident the longest fluff only thread in the forums.

My original character Bob_Borc was the first contributor and whilst i was initially a little miffed when snorri contributed as Bob_Borc as well once i read his stuff i said damn it, im not gonna say anything, its too good. But i would however like to point out that only Snorri and I should use Bob_Borc on the channel.

Since then many of you have added your own original contributors, IriteStuff, Ed Harsh, Mr Whippy ( although technically Mr Whippy was I think the first ever fluff contributor to any swl thread, i think i have a search to do hmmm......) an it has grown from there. Thanlks to all you guys who have created your media personalities they have enriched the league so much. For those of you who havn't yet fluffed it up I say go for it guys, create your persona and run with it.

As far as I can tell we are the only still functional fumbbl league that has an active fluff presence and i would like to think that it has in some ways contributed to the survival and growth of our league and will continue to do so for a long time.

Geez do i do incoherent ramblings or what sometimes.........

Oh hell to sum up

FLUFF IT!

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

oh btw i have a list of all the threads and there links, except this one...must fix that, that have some importance to the SWL ( now 20 of them i think, including polls, other aussie league creation attempts etc ) that i compiled whilst working on this annual concept clay gave me. I can let someone have it if they ask. on the annual thing by the way, its still a work in progress...i really am a better ideas guy than a doer guy Sad.....but i am working on it, see thats proof.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I do apologise Joe!

I only used Bob Borc instead of the Kami-Kazi goobers at the time because I think it was in relation to our #irc presenter or the Twahnlow's Awards presenter (can't remember which came first - probably Bob@irc, but same thing applied to Bob@twahnlows) and it seemed trite and obscure to use anyone other than the original fluff celebrity for such grandiose functions! Everyone knows Bob_Borc!

I probably should have said something first and I think we did chat about it later, so here's Coach Snorri's formal apology for stealing away with Bob for the occasional awards celebration without checking in first!

We will make sure we steal enough donuts from the Emporium to pay for his services next time Wink

Cheers,
Snorri.
 Jump to: