95 coaches online • Server time: 21:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
how many has read the rules on naming players/teams??
never
14%
 14%  [ 27 ]
briefly
20%
 20%  [ 38 ]
yes
29%
 29%  [ 55 ]
yes but off course i have
30%
 30%  [ 57 ]
rules on naming????
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 184

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Just an opinion, but as monkeys are notoriously fickle creatures you might want to start along the lines of 'You are all lovely people who do a great job for free, what i posted in the forums was to get information and start a discussion, not personal in any way. Now anyone fancy doing me a favour? I'd be really genuinely greatful.'

Laughing

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

obviously no personal or even general attack intended just finding out if anything can be done (team has not played yet) and make a point (although badly it seems)

We are asked for teams that have different names and ideally fluff and then someone changes it with in this case what i see as little reason. But enough from me before i get misunderstood again (happens all the time at work) and i find myself with no team(s) at all.

This issue has kindly been dealt with by PurpleChest when i followed the right course of action by actually going to #approval and asking for help.
Thanks PC and all the other monkeys for the work you do.

chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If I see a team that has just one player name breaking the rules, I'll tend to change it and approve the team rather than reject it. I figure the coach in question can always ask someone later on to change the players name.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

As to changing a name once a team has played. I believe it is policy for this not to be allowed. Database issues.

not entirely correct names can be changed but is mostly done to help with JBB issues, mostly because of accents

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2005 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I'm guessing my soon to be re-vamped "Team of Weasels" is out???

<Insert Cheesy Grin Here> Laughing
 Jump to: