33 coaches online • Server time: 09:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Play time average
30 min
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
45 min
9%
 9%  [ 16 ]
60 min
53%
 53%  [ 87 ]
90 min
29%
 29%  [ 48 ]
Hours and hours
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 162

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

This guy says that average fumbbl-player plays games that last 1:30, in ranked I suppose. I say that is far too slow. 45 minutes is nice, don't you think?

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know. The couple of handfull of games I have played on table top can easily go faster - not taking my first couple of games into account. Pulling the game out of the closet excluded. On table top there is no lag, I can talk while I move as opposed to here (guess I should stop typing in my own turn perhaps) and if people fail to notice the fact that it's their turn you can just slap them in real life.

On FUMBBL my games vary from 45 minutes to 90. All depending on what team I'm playing and what team I'm playing against;

Playing against Wood Elves can last longer as the crazy WE coaches don't mind that 3+ leap, GFI, GFI, 1d block and then get a pow on the dice. Playing with stunties and my no mummy khemries usually goes faster as there are often more limits as to what I can do. The more options the longer the game sometimes - of course I improve my speed from time to time as I start to do things automatically.

My game time also depends on my level of tiredness. Which varies greatly from game to game.

Last edited by MiBasse on %b %15, %2005 - %22:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Ironik

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

1:30 minutes? Generally I am able to complete a game in less then an hour
IPSE dixit
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

45- 1 hour is great. Anything in the 1 1/4 onwards (wihtout delays or technical problems) is pushing it.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

These are more like it. I just wish I would know who votes for 1:30 and up so could avoid them like the plague.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

patonius 2000 agrees with darkwolf
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Avoid me like the plague MrMojo. Because i actually prefer to take my time and think about what i am going to do.

I guess i´m just not that much of a leet haxx0r with uber-bloodbowl skills... Rolling Eyes

Thinking time has a direct influence on the quality of my game. Be warned everybody - i like to think!

M

edit : as long as my opponent keeps within the 4 minute turn limit i have no complaints. 90 minute games is fine.

Last edited by Mithrilpoint on %b %15, %2005 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Anything less than 90 mins is fine. My games usually are quicker and that's even better. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Mithrilpoint wrote:
Avoid me like the plague MrMojo. Because i actually prefer to take my time and think about what i am going to do.

No mithril, you have a special place inmy heart Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I just wish I would know who votes for 1:30 and up so could avoid them like the plague

Did you have something beter to do MrMojo? something so important that it should take make extra 30 mins Sooooo important?

so long as my oppo is not going afk every turn and not takeing an age over every move (i take my time over the *first* move of every turn because i am double checking what i am going to do) , i can live with it, after all it gives me time to chat with them.

I can't believe people are stressing over the amount of time they are taking to play thier hobby :rolleyes:

Most people want more time with thier hobby not less.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
albator2001

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the rules of Fumbbl:

"Don't start a game where there is a chance you won't be able to finish unless your opponent knowing about it. Unless you state otherwise, you are expected to be able to play for 90 minutes."
macike

Post 9 Posted: Aug 15, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooooops I'm plague bearer. My matches usualy last for 2-3 hours.

I can hardly fit into 4 minutes turn limit if the situation on the field requires thinking (which is almost every turn Very Happy).
But I do my best to not exceed 6 minutes.

And sometimes I need to take a break to hush a baby which slows down the play.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the rules state 4min per turn.... 16 turns a 4 min = 64 min.... so a game shouldnt take more...
when i play tabletop we like to use a countdownwatch set at 4min and you are done when i runs out...
-Buur
*edit* yes ofcurse 2*16*4=2h 8min + the set up time....arrrrhhgggg *edit out*

Last edited by Buur on %b %16, %2005 - %09:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Wallace

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind waiting for an opponent if they come up with good play that forces you to sit and think for a while as well. The coaches I really fear are the ones that take 2 minutes to stand everyone up, 2 minutes of doing nothing while they have a think, and then do there riskiest move first and cause and immediate turnover. Their aren't many of these players out there, but I've played a few and when you find one you know you're in for 2 hours of slowww paaiinnn....
Skeloboy

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2005 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Buur, thats not true.
Setup does not have anything to do with the 4 min. rule, so I game will take longer than 64 min, if every turn is 4 min.

Hammerhiem: So you like looking on your screen, while your opponents thinking? I think it is kind of boring(but then I just wank...or something else...)

I hate the 4 min. rules, but on fumbbl I hate when people use to long time. Tabletop is completely different, I don't mind waiting for 10 min in tabletop.

I voted 60 min, but that is only in non-tourney matches.
Tourney-matches can be longere
 Jump to: