74 coaches online • Server time: 23:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill choice:
+ MA
56%
 56%  [ 41 ]
Block
31%
 31%  [ 23 ]
Dodge
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 72

Tigerland

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What´s your opinion on the choice for this guy?
+ MA ? - the team already has 1guy with 7MA, 2 with 8 MA, probably will get more catchers in the long run.
block or dodge to increase the survival of this guys (AV7) ?
Here is the team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=190300

Thanks for your attencion.
heinz

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go block for survival, +MA for 2nd or later skill. These guys break easy enuogh as it is.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA turns him into a wood elf!

Dreamsplitter

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, a wood elf!
IrishRagan

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take the MA. He could become a good midfield style player being able to roam just a little bit more than most of your players. Able to give the assist where needed a little easier and more often. Thats my personal opinion. Although I do see you don't have a whole lot of guys with block I'd almost consider doing that as well. Up to you and your style of play. I voted for the MA though.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Good question Tigerland. Hmm, at this stage I'd give him +1 Ma, since his 4ag allows him to be mobile, but block is a very close second choice.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Arktoris on this one....

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Your team needs to improve defence ASAP and increase players' lifespan. I'd go for a Block.
And I would be unhappy that the +MA was wasted. Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd personally take the +M, buy another player, then buy another lino the next game. If he dies he dies, if not, maybe you'll get a TD off of an opponent forgetting he's M7. Decisions on your play don't change as much based on whether that one guy has block as much as whether the guy has enough movement to actually reach you.
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

+ma is best... in the long term, block is best to improve survival... again in the long term.
I would go for dodge, you have more players with block, and faster players also. With dodge you improve suvival and movility so he's more usefull even in defense, as he can assist with more ease... and he's a Pro Elf lino, 60k instead of 70k
Markusen

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MA for sure.
That's makes him more dangerous for scoring TD and be at the right place on the pitch.
He'll get his Block or Dodge Skill, don't worry!
screech

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the Ma.
In the short term block may be better, but in the long term Ma is better.
After all its only 10 spps till the next skill which is not hard to achieve with elves, and block is much easier to get as a skill then Ma.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played pro elves extensively, and I can say that taking the +MA would be a bad decision at this point. Sure, +MA may be the better "long term" choice, but with AV7, that player is unlikely to have a "long term" future. Pro elf linos are some of the shortest lived players in the game - first and foremost, they need the skills to keep them alive for a few more games. The only stat increase that I would take on a rookie lino is +ST. Even as a second skill, I am very hesitant in taking +MA or +AG. Pro elf linos desperately need block and dodge, and they will likely die or be permanently injured before hitting 31 SPP if they don't have that combo. Also, blodgers are extremely tough to stop at you current TR - few teams have many tacklers.

Take block or dodge now. Either will protect the player. Block lets you hit better, while dodge dramatically improves your mobility. Feel free to mix it up on your linos - give some block as the first skill, while others get dodge. Once you have 2-3 blodging linos to hold the LOS, get a block/kick lino (wonderful skill, kick) and a dodge/DP lino for a bit of extra hitting power (great vs one turners/+ST wardancers/etc).

Pro elves have plenty of speed. You don't really need the +MA on linos. Their weakness is their fragility, and thats especially true of the linos, who tend to get knocked down a lot. Block or dodge let's them do their job much better than +MA.

I'm looking forward to the official adoption of the vault rules, which will allow me the choice of +AV or +MA on a roll of 10. AV 8 (or even AV 9), blodging pro elf linos will be a wonderful addition to the team.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=83230
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

agree with origami, but with a minor addition. if u give the player block, he's gonna get hit more and eventually die sooner. with dodge u can run around the opponent's defences, and score a few times, getting block sooner. the rule of thumb i use on elves is getting the first cpl of players dodge, and by the time the rest get block, the dodgers r blodgers...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Buur

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

if he hasnt dp its da only choice.
-buur

Jump to: