60 coaches online • Server time: 00:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mattiash

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolled a double on a +MA ghoul... What was I supposed to pick?

I picked block. Crazy as it may sound I expect him to die pretty soon, and a lot sooner without that Block skill. What would you have picked?

Reason I ask is, is my line of thinking completely out of wack? If I roll lots of doubles on a ghoul in a row, should I forgo Block for all the cool suff I can get?

Edit: Oh yeah, this is my team

Reciently lost a ghoul, he's next up for purchase if you're wondering Wink

Edit 2: While I'm at it... What would be your next pick on the mummy? Leaning towards Guard ofcourse, but Break Tackle and SF on a double is also tempting. The other mummy is getting guard for sure.
Or how about both my wights? One of them got everything he needs on a normal roll I think...? But the +ST,+AG one I have so many choices on. Sure Hands, Dodge on double perhaps?

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't have "wasted" the double. He's only 13 SPP's away from getting the next skill, so if you designated him as the TD-scorer for a couple of games (4 TD's + 1 pass), he could get block after 2 games if you're lucky (probably 3 games). Just try to keep him out of harms way. He'll die just as often from dodging/GFI'ing without block Smile

With that evil mummy, I'd take guard. And definitely Frenzy on a double (With ST 6, you're almost guarenteed a second 2D-block, even against ST4).
sehou

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have picked guard, you never have enough of them.
Drud

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't even say what I would've picked. Probably jump up. Or maybe pass. Guard is also an option, but he'll need to be in the middle of things, and he might get hurt more. Especially as the only Guarder, he'd be the first to be blocked, and would get hurt without block.
Buur

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

some one gotta say it.... you should have picked Dp one can never have to many of those!
-Buur

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have found that ghouls with guard are immensly frustrating to play against.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm inordinately fond of Jump Up.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

6 str mummy with break tackle dodges nicely into cages and blocks the ball carrier. I had one who did it until he was ofcourse fouled to death.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

6ST mummies are abominations.

Last edited by Shepherd on %b %15, %2005 - %12:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Drud

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I'm not really sure about this, but if you dodge with BT, and fail and use a team reroll, will BT apply to the second roll as well (or instead of the first roll)?
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If you dodge and fail, even if BT were used, you don't use it (you decide to use the skill after the roll)
..and for the ghoul I would take guard (mv8, Dodge, Guard, just protect him a little until you manage to get him Block)
mattiash

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
Guard is also an option, but he'll need to be in the middle of things, and he might get hurt more. Especially as the only Guarder, he'd be the first to be blocked, and would get hurt without block.

I could've gone for pass, but I don't pass much with this team. It's got enough speed to move up to the cage without it.
I also thought about Guard, but like you said a guard ghoul without Block is just asking to get him hurt.
Jump Up? No thanks, I'd rather get Blodge asap to keep him safe. I want him to stay on his feet as much as possible anyways so I don't want to go for a skill that only helps when he gets knocked down. It feels... secondary so to speak.

So the only option that remained was guard, but like I said without Block he's doomed.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There are some who swear by MB on their ghouls.

I'd probably take pass.
Direwolf

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd wrote:
I'm inordinately fond of Jump Up.

Agree.

No, really.

Totally agree.
Slick

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2005 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You shouldve take frenzy or break tackle on the ghoul. And always take Diving Tackle on the mummy with doubles. ... Um yeah that sounds good. =) Seriously though with plus mv on any fast guy you should take jump up, it is the forgotten skill in most games, then all of a sudden your mv5 guy runs down the field 8 squares and your opponent is like "oh my god! i forgot he had jump up". Definitely Frenzy on that mummy with double although SF can be monstrously annoying on str6 and if not Break Tackle is super awsome/annoying.