82 coaches online • Server time: 22:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Toonie

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum is where everything to do with the Stable League can be discussed.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

From the replies to my PM, we have a lot of people interested.
We also have a few interested in helping out with the admin duties.
A few coaches have also raised a lot of good points and have come up with great ideas.
We will be able to discuss things and answer people's questions here.
I will set the group up a bit later.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you could start by explaining what the Stable League format is about because I haven't a clue! Embarassed
Toonie

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

A stable league is where coaches form a group (stable) and play against other stables.
In the SWL Stable League each stable will comprise of 3 coaches with a team each.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Expression of possible interest, what regions are you looking at having? Do coaches need to play for the region they live? (I'm not big on patriotism, nor regionalism Razz ) I was going to ask what format your looking at playing but seeing as how it's called Stable League i'm guessing that's a moot point, will coaches applying need to have organised a stable already before applying or merely be appointed one?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

To answer your questions.

1. Regions was an idea that i had for making the stables but you don't have to play for the area you live in. You could make a stable with 2 other coaches from differing areas or you could make a stable for the area you are in.
2. Stables will not be appointed unless there are coaches who haven't already formed a stable.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Me, Beefy and dancollins, shall be the rumdrunkaspiss stable, and we shall destroy you all.

Note that we shall be named something else once we are not drunk and have some imagination.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Me Myself and I will be the Trilogy of FLo. And we will be destroued handsomely by the rumdrunkaspiss stabe (or so they tell me)

What kind of timeframe do we want to play games in? Personally I favour 2 weeks, with NO extensions.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

What kind of timeframe do we want to play games in? Personally I favour 2 weeks, with NO extensions.

We will be using the same timeframe as CTL, so yes a 2 week timeframe and definitely no extensions.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What if some members of a stable have played but some havent within those 2 weeks?

I am interested, but i need to find an appropriate group of stablemates. Please apply within. Razz
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds somewhat interesting.

But I've never played Stable League before, can you explain exactly how it works?

I know you have three on each team, and I'm assuming that you have three games? ie stablea1 vs stableb1, stablea2 vs stableb2 and stablea3 vs stableb3?
How do we decide who plays who? will it just be the 2 rocks playing, the 2 scissors playing, and the 2 papers playing?

Sounds interesting though, however it's done.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well im interested and ready, need some stable m8's anyone loking?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In the original stable league, there was a coin toss, then the team captain for the stable that won the coin toss had the choice of picking the first matchup, or the rest of them.

For example, Team A might decide to take the first game so they can force the Dwarfs to play the Orcs, but then the second team may ask the Zons to play the Norse and the Humans to play the High Elves, believing those to be the better matchups out of the remainder.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Matchups will be decided exactly as chunky has mentioned. There will be a toincoss between the the captains of each stable and the winning Captain can pick the first game then the losing captain will pick the second matchup leaving the remaining 2 teams matched up in the third game.

Also could each stable send me a pm with the names of the team members, the name of the stable and also who the captain of the stable is.

Cheers Toonie.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Toonie, MattDFan and myself will be representing the Far North - or something along those lines - looking forward to it!

Also, what sort of mix are we looking at for the stables? I never played in the fumbbl stable league, so maybe someone who did there could give us an idea as to what seemed to work and what didn't.

We also going to start with TR100 teams?

Snorri.
 Jump to: