35 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should "Alternates" get their own player?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Results, please
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Please have a look at the Bio of http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=164940

I have reached a problem. On the show, some characters appear in "Alternate forms" Buffy appears as a Vampire when nightmares become real.... Xander and Willow are vampires in an alternate reality, Amy becomes a Rat. Ben and Glory are two people in one body.... Should these alternate appearances get new players? Please, despite my spamming ways, work a real answer into your response and read the bio first, if you haven't seen it before.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Mac

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course they should! And your flings should get some more Diving Tackle instead of all that side step.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, only in a bizarro world that would be the best episode ever. I decline to work on a real answer, it would feel like working.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I did alternate for a long while, but Diving Tackle is more use against people who dodge away from you. Most of my opponents try to be as bashy as they can. SS seems to be working better for first skill, as long as I maintain on ro two DTs in the backfield, Redfish.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say YES to the alternates on the team (anything to keep trees off the field) maybe even give them a prefix "alternate buffy" or "alternate Ben and Glory" (as they appear in one alternate body together.

Please also add me to your accept any game from this team list if you wish to.

Real answer out of the way it is time for Spam Toasties followed by Cherry Pie Smile

* edit: only post 355 i must try harder*

Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force, so added. I would go with Ben, Glory (as they have their own faces) and something descriptive for others... Vampire Xander, Amy the Rat, or whatnot... I'm assuming.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

no, no, no!!!
If you do that never take them in the field at the same time!
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I did alternate for a long while, but Diving Tackle is more use against people who dodge away from you. Most of my opponents try to be as bashy as they can. SS seems to be working better for first skill, as long as I maintain on ro two DTs in the backfield, Redfish.

Yikes! You man-mark with your flings?! They must fall faster than morning dew.

EDIT: Of course with only flings on the field you don't have to care about casualties. Still I'd only man mark on certain occasions, but what do I know. I don't play with no tree flings Razz
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
no, no, no!!!
If you do that never take them in the field at the same time!

Well, all the main characters are long dead/retired, so alternates wouldn't be an issue in that regard.

Why do people say yes in the thread but not the poll?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Well, all the main characters are long dead/retired, so alternates wouldn't be an issue in that regard.

ok. then do it. you got my permission.
Quote:

Why do people say yes in the thread but not the poll?

I´m wondering that too. I love to vote on polls!
amstar34

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Alternate Forms - No, because there is only ever one Amy and only one of her can be on the pitch at a time.
Alternate Realities - Yes, because Xander and Vampire Xander exist at the same time.

It's kind of a question of Spike without the chip vs. Spike with the chip, Oz in human form vs. Oz in Werewolf form, or Angel with a soul vs. Angel without a soul. Are they considered alternate forms too? I would not field Oz and Werewolf Oz together.

If they are not on the team at the same time, then go ahead! It will give your team more longevity.

By the way, I voted no because I consider the characters to be unique and their alternate forms to retire/die with the standard form.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, Amstar, but I think you could further sub-divide your issues as well. Spike only makes one first appearance, as does Oz, but the Werewolf is introduced as it's own character before we know it's Oz..... Angel is referred to by a different name when his soul is gone, as is Amy-rat. Willow is just called willow when she's a vampire, but she meets herself in the show, so clearly exists side-by-side.

And what about when Xander splits? Is that one new charcter, two new characters, or none? It's all a lot of fun, but If I make the call, I'm gonna have to let my wife be the final arbiter of what is new (she demands to see Amy as a rat, Herbert is her current favourite player), I think I'm inclining to allow them, just to keep more recognizable faces on the pitch.....

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

they appear in 1 episode so you should bought them ALL as freebooters.

Be ready to make some space in the team!

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
they appear in 1 episode so you should bought them ALL as freebooters.

Be ready to make some space in the team!

I am sorry Mac but this makes a lot of sense to me.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2005 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, because vampire willow is just cool.
 Jump to: