51 coaches online • Server time: 16:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you thin it may be usefull ?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 30 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 37

Maximilian

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Another simple suggestion that can be very funny.
In the java client we find in the icon.ini all the teams.
May it possible to insert personalized icons for a single team ?
EXAMPLE:

[AMAZON]

THROWER=amthrower1.gif
CATCHER=amcatcher1.gif
BLITZER=amblitzer1.gif
LINEMAN=amlineman1.gif
LINEWOMAN=amlineman1.gif
LINEPERSON=amlineman1.gif

[AMAZON: Beautifull girls]... these are my zons for example

THROWER=bgamthrower1.gif
CATCHER=bgamcatcher1.gif
BLITZER=bgamblitzer1.gif
LINEMAN=bgamlineman1.gif
LINEWOMAN=bgamlineman1.gif
LINEPERSON=bgamlineman1.gif

EASY and funny... i want personalized icvon,s (and portraits too) for only 1 team.

Maximilian
Curro

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

you can do that, but you´re tho only one who can see them. Your opponent can´t see more than he´s own Icons.
Maximilian

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It may be funny... equally!
But i see the opponent's portraits... can be done the same for the personalized icons ?
I think yes
Smile
Fama

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That would mean uploading the icons to Fumbbl... it could be done, but I'd be happy with it even if only I would see them...

So, it could be done so that only you can see them, probably not so that the oppo can see them.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

would maybe be a good feature, I don't know.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Before we get to that, cant we have the multi coloured icons? Why do we always have Red or Blue... I want Green & Gold Elves!!

I want Black & Red Orcs....

etc etc
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be great. i suggested the same thing about a week ago. SkiJunkie could answer this question. even if u only see your own customized icons would be cool. i think it wouldnt be too hard to work it out.

it would be even better if we could upload icons as portraits. or the client would first look for a team name in the icons.ini and if it doesnt find a match then would go for the race.

kalamona
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It would need some approval or someone might actively misuse the icons, ie. using a lineman icon to represent a blitzer. Or not using diferent icons at all, rendering the idea worthless.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want different colour teams try looking at the ones on www.bloodbowlnewteam.com designed by Pat, great icons with several different kits for certain teams. Awesome, and new ones are being added all the time
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy

if u could set the icons for your own teams in the icons. ini only u would see the difference. so you could only trick yourself, coz others would see your team icons as it is now, set according to the race. it is the same now with portraits. we probably see different portraits for different positions, coz our portraits.ini is different.

i would not care how others see my team. the point would be, that i could have a personalized team, i could set different icons for different players, so i could recognize the players even by their icons.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps a check box "download opponents icons" if you want to see your opponents icons for his team... what would be cool is if the fumbbl roster showed each icon as well so when you click on a player it shows hos portrait and his icon, so if you can check the icns before you play Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
perhaps a check box "download opponents icons" if you want to see your opponents icons for his team... what would be cool is if the fumbbl roster showed each icon as well so when you click on a player it shows hos portrait and his icon, so if you can check the icns before you play Smile

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Idea Idea Idea Idea

I DO love this.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Before we get to that, cant we have the multi coloured icons? Why do we always have Red or Blue... I want Green & Gold Elves!!

I want Black & Red Orcs....

etc etc

As you only get to see what your icons are then put them into PSP or your chosen editer and knock yourself our substituting green and gold for red and blue on elves and so on. you can have the teams that you seelook like what ever you want them to really. I think the difference between the "red" and "blue" teams is that the files are called positiona.gif and positionb.gif just edit the puic and save back with the original name and you're away.

Maximilian

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I see this topic is very interesting for all comunity... i think we can ask to Sky directly... imho.
If Christer is agree.
Wink
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalamona wrote:
torsoboy

if u could set the icons for your own teams in the icons. ini only u would see the difference. so you could only trick yourself, coz others would see your team icons as it is now, set according to the race. it is the same now with portraits. we probably see different portraits for different positions, coz our portraits.ini is different.

I was refering to Brownrob's "download opponent's icons" use.
 Jump to: