68 coaches online • Server time: 18:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should I do with my gold (80k)?
Hire Prince Moranion (70k)
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
Buy a second phoenix warrior (80k)
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Save it for a dragon warrior or lion warrior later
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 39

Leto

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the situation.

My High Elf team is coming into the semi-final round of the Spike Open Tournament against an Undead team. I've got just 11 players, one is missing the game from my previous run-in with some Norse. I've got 80,000 in the treasury. The undead team has both mummies and one of them has a strength increase (6 ST), as well as a roster of 15 players.

Do I fork out the dough for Prince Moranion (70k), hoping to draw some of the mummies' attention away from my permanent players, and maybe even knock them down a couple times?
I'm divided over how I should spend the money I have now. I was hoping to win enough in the last game to buy a second dragon warrior, but I rolled a 1 on my winnings. I really don't want to buy another lineman right now. I thought about buying the second phoenix warrior just in case something happens to the experienced one.

In the final, I could face either a skaven team or a vampire team. The skaven team will definately have their rat ogre by then (they only need 10k more). The vampire team might have enough to hire a star (luthor).

If I hire Moranion now, I probably won't have enough to get him again in the final, or to hire any more permanent players. At this point, though, the undead team is the greatest hazard to my team's health, and Moranion would draw some of their attention. Even with a rat ogre, the skaven team isn't as scary as the two mummies.

Additional info to consider: There will be four more regular season games after the tournament is over, and then the Blood Bowl tournament. So there's time after this tourament to buy a couple more players and another reroll, hopefully, before the Blood Bowl. (assuming I make it to the final of the Spike and get at least 100,000)

What do you think? Should I hire the star?

Last edited by Leto on %b %24, %2005 - %15:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Play for today! Get the Prince (and make a poll) Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't think about the finals now, when there is the semifinal still to play. Many matches were lost because the coach was crossing the bridges before he came to them.

Buur

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Do something.....
-buur

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd really like to vote in this poll … but there's no silly fourth option! Razz

I do not feel catered for ... Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

without link to teams, how to judge?

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You're high elves, you move away from the mummies. Since you have another match left, I'd go with the pheonix warrior, since your team can already run around the undead enough to win the match. Best to be prepared for the future.

Don't drop the soap.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd play with 10 players AND a wizard.

Mummies and AG3 cages do LOVE wizards Very Happy And high elves are one of the best teams to steal the ball and run to safety.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Run around undead? Yeah, maybe. But undead are a damn nasty team, at least early on. Even I (I'm not a very good coach) have a 10/1/0 with undead, although it's in a group, so I've played a lot of games down in tr/ts. But still no the point.

Edit: Hmm, yes, a wizard could work well vs. undead.

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't even think of hiring a wizard, I've got enough for that, too. I think I'd rather have an extra player to field, though, so my current options stand.

I feel like I've given enough info about the teams to give an informed opinion, but I can link to my league's web page if you want to see the team rosters. This is outside of FUMBBL. This is "Real" BloodBowl Wink. You need to have adobe reader to view them. My team is the New Elfland Patriots, and I'm going up against Resident Evil. The schedule is available there, too, so you can see who I'm going to be playing after the tournament is over.

You will notice the low fan factor values...this is because in our league we decided to give every team 5 free fan factor to start with. No one was allowed to buy more, so everyone started out even, and had more money to spend on starting players. We also choose our MVP's instead of doing them randomly, the only restriction is the MVP must go to someone who actually played in that game. This is so we can get better team development in a rather short season.

http://www.politicallyincorrectbastards.com/BloodBowl/teams.htm

My other team in the league is Chaos, Brulag's Bashers.

PS: I'm not the manager or creator of this page.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... after analysing your team. id go for a wizard, so you hopefully can buy a second wizard in the final match... you just need to get 30 k...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I ve looked at the teams and, You need the second dragon warrior. Save your catch

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

freeboot a dragon warrior this game and after you get the gold fromt he match freeboot one for the next match.

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

what ^^

that's a surprising advice.

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2005 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

And a good one !