74 coaches online • Server time: 21:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What's the best option?
ST 7 mino, a monster!
60%
 60%  [ 71 ]
block, to make him more reliable
29%
 29%  [ 35 ]
Claws or tentacles...
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 118

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and by the way: it's a nonsense to open a Forum poll and choose the skill 5 minutes after.

If you don't care for advice, just don't pretend you do.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Oh, and by the way: it's a nonsense to open a Forum poll and choose the skill 5 minutes after.

If you don't care for advice, just don't pretend you do.

Another guy doing that? I think that they are only trying to raise their Post count by posting useless posts.... Razz
qk

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nigglers must go! Games against niggle-flooded teams are open to nice surprises...
matthewshy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys... errare humanum est... you never make a mistake, do you? (sto scherzando... non occorre un reply...)

I suddenly chose +ST when I saw the double 6, but 1 sec after I started wondering about other skills, that's why I opened this poll... I hope it's still possible to open a ticket to change my choice...

Curro I don't care to raise my Post count... as you can see I have only a few posts and I seldom write in the forum...
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Changes are possible, as long as you don't play the team in the mean while.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Curro I don't care to raise my Post count... as you can see I have only a few posts and I seldom write in the forum...

hehe, don´t worry. I was just joking about myself.
ankkh

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I disagree with some of the posters here.

Nigglers are not necessarily a liability on all occasions, if the niggling player is not the core of the team and has nice special abilities. For instance a +st zombie niggler would not be fired by me. It also depends on what your aims with the team are, winning every game or maxing out for tournaments....

Your team, matthewshy, does not necessarily crumble if the niggling mino doesn't play, especially if you have 12-13 other healthy players. However, if he plays, he can give a big boost to your team by tying up 2-3 players.

Probably you will play mostly bashers, if so take +st or block. Tentacles on a st 6 guy is great vs. elves, but you will tie up longbeards or BOB's quite well even without tentacles. Stand firm (or even sidestep Very Happy ) is another viable possibility for tying up. Don't know, I would probably take the +st or block and hope for a miracle (i.e. one or 2 more doubles) but that's just me. Tentacles and s.f. are also all good. Claw is nice as well.

p.s. exceptionally high strength is more important for defensive, rather than offensive purposes, i.e. how many assists the opposition needs to get that one-die or two-die block, hopefully with the high st player acting as a guarding anchorman in contact with as many opposing players as possible.

Also with relatively good movement, stand firm and break tackle (+horns) he could be a über-blitzer, either going directly into the cage (3+) or blitzing the corner and standing there (either tentacles or stand firm)
The sky is the limit!
Fudge

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=95386 check these out Wink
qk

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point by ankkh! (nice library Very Happy)

Nigglers also make great cannon fodder for LOS duty. Still, I like retiring them, but BB is flexible enough for both approaches to work out, imho
lord_real

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Quote:

hehe, don´t worry. I was just joking about myself.

Well no... You were trying to raise your post count. Nothing else matters. Wink
Voorn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

All being said and done, I would give him tentacles and use him as an anchor. Save cash for your team as long as you can until you have more then enough saved and then sack him and buy a replacement. Till then, Try to only let him serve as the anchor/deterrant so as to soak up as few spp as possible till his replacement can arrive.
Dern lucky people gettin all the good rolls.... Rolling Eyes

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Brad

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

1 Niggle Players belong on the LoS anyways.
If he Niggles again, he's gone, but ST6 Tent on the Los isnt something to instantly dismiss

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i had a block str6 mino who rolled 66 and i went for tentackles --> gives a super player now.
str 7--> super super player on next dopple if i comes....
-Buur

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

On the other hand he now he may soon have a str. 7 Break Tackle cage breaker - and a guaranteed 2d block (if not more) on the ball carrier with str. 8. Not the worst thing imaginable.
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

St 6 tentacles without block is a lousy anchor. With st 3 blocker 25/36 chance to get him down, or push back. Without re-roll. 1175/1296 (=90,7%) with re-roll.

And no need to retire nigglers. If the niggle hits, then it is 5 times worse for TS than no niggle, but also 5 times more rare. So +/- 0 in that sense.

But if someone wants to minimize the effect of random, then he should play games that are based on 1d rolls.
 Jump to: