52 coaches online • Server time: 17:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

DonĀ“t retire that guy.
Markusen

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

if you have fun with him, keep him, thats the most important factor imho

That is exactly the point. Do you feel like retire him?
He's still reliable, but also replaceable.
Hellraiser

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

keep him!
he got no niggle and will be on the pitch every game.
drop the kick blitzer and use this one to save the ball. one hand off to someone else and make a touchdown!
ok, it sounds "always" easier than it is, but it is a good plan!

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd replace him.

-MA orc blitzers are increadibly crappy, and you realy don't want your main guy to have move 5. Also, he boosts your TR to much in comparison to TS.
You have the money to replace him now, I'd do it, and buy a lino as well to have 12 players. Then start saving money to replace the other move5 blitzer.

I think retiring him now will benefit your team in the long run, and it will likely help to keep a good record as well.
Time to train some new blitzers.
Kamahl

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him for now;i would first replace -ma blitzer with Kick on him, put that on a lino - and playing a game or two without kick can be compensated.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Buur wrote:
i would rather drop the other -ma blitzer... not because of the -ma but because of kick... dont take kick on blitzers its a lino skill....
-Buur

Orc linos always go on the LOS, when I'm playing. BOBs en Blitzers are too valuable to put on the line; therefore, I'd take Kick on a Blitzer instead of a line orc. But in practise, I usually just skip Kick on Orc teams.
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Agi 4 + guard in an orc team? Rocks.
Keep him.

Unless you have 4 agi 4 guys. Wink
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

What the? This isn't even a serious question, why would anyone retire a perfectly good player with 5 additional skills? If you are so eager to get rid of him, have him serve scrimage duty, but don't ever retire healthy players (I would consider -AV and -MA as still healthy).
flash

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

He is a good player - even with MA 5. AG4 Tackle Strip Ball Blitzer is a dream. You can try to play a bit riskier with him, and when het gets a niggle - the you should think about retiring him. Buy one Lino with ur Money (give them kick - blitzer have so much better skills to get) and try to replace the other -MA Kick Blitzer asap.
Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Buur wrote:
i would rather drop the other -ma blitzer... not because of the -ma but because of kick... dont take kick on blitzers its a lino skill....
-Buur

Orc linos always go on the LOS, when I'm playing. BOBs en Blitzers are too valuable to put on the line; therefore, I'd take Kick on a Blitzer instead of a line orc. But in practise, I usually just skip Kick on Orc teams.

Your team your style of play... i just havent seen that before normaly blitzer have bashing or ball playing skills... as they are your main players... thats why les importent skills should go on les important players.....
-Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Buur wrote:
-Buur

Omg..not one pie mention!

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Omg..not one pie mention!

sorry.....
-Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict that if you keep him, you're gonna regret it within the next 5 games.

I think a lot of people underestimate how increadibly bad it is to have just move 5 on a guy that is your main blitzer, it just isn't enough. You'll have to go for it all the time with him, and a lot of times he won't even get where he is supposed to go. It'll make it much easier for the opposition to score I can tell ya.
Though heavily skilled, he won't be able to make good use of them skills because of his low movement.
Orx are slow enough already, I'd replace both of the -MA blitzers ASAP, they will hamper both your defence and your offence severely.
Dropping him also means a big decrease in TR/SR, which is a good thing. And it also will make your team more balanced again (not to much spp on just one guy), which is also a good thing.

Replace him now.
Powergamer style!
ruoste

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

no reason to drop players who show up to every game. -ma is a little loss compared to niggle.
Webbe

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:
I predict that if you keep him, you're gonna regret it within the next 5 games.

I think a lot of people underestimate how increadibly bad it is to have just move 5 on a guy that is your main blitzer, it just isn't enough. You'll have to go for it all the time with him, and a lot of times he won't even get where he is supposed to go. It'll make it much easier for the opposition to score I can tell ya.
Though heavily skilled, he won't be able to make good use of them skills because of his low movement.
Orx are slow enough already, I'd replace both of the -MA blitzers ASAP, they will hamper both your defence and your offence severely.
Dropping him also means a big decrease in TR/SR, which is a good thing. And it also will make your team more balanced again (not to much spp on just one guy), which is also a good thing.

Replace him now.
Powergamer style!

Well said!
 Jump to: