36 coaches online • Server time: 10:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

than conceede or just ask for the rest to played later ?

(and just to the 1 (he has to be somewhere in tha world) who did not get so far that ive just been through this again hehe)

I will NOT tell who it is - that would be unfair and that is not really the problem. The problem is how much the problem has grown in the time ive been in here

And yes ive Have had way way way to many of these episodes (and it is the thing above all that brings my joy of fumbbl down)

WE can ALL agree that it happends that we cannot finish a game due to outside things. No problem with that (and will never discuss weither the reason is good ennough). But my problem is that some coaches do not EVEN have the respect to ask me to prospone the rest of the game (yes i would do it or accept that the game is just off) or at least just conceede.

Nono they tell me that they have to leave (in more or less those words) and just quits - that ties my team up AND there seem to be absolutely no actions from the admins.

Sure I have had my shares of having to leave - well i pwn uo and conceede. thus perhaps not giving the opponent a fair chance to get all the ssp he would have gotten. But at least he gets to:

1) play his team the next few days
2) money
3) the ssp and the result so far - and an extra mvp

This is NOT a matter of tactics and different ways to see the game - but just poor sportmanship really.

What irritates me most is that from what i hear from others there is no sanctions brought on these people.

That means that if my consience allowed me too - i could just leave any game at any time. That is just sad - when the vast amount of coaches is soooo nice and fairplaying. I know this might be a bit harsh - but i have to screaaaaaam some steam out Wink

and contacting admins with screenshots off people telling me that they will leave and such does just bring : it is still a lost connection problem
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Can happen when you play against a fumbbl-newbie.

No reason to make such a fuss about it.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you can't really bring sanctions against somebody, even if they have a history of drops, simply because you can't ever prove any of it. Might as well just swallow hard and instead of leaving your teams tied up, just drop the game and move on. I rarely bother to try to set up with opponents to finish a match because my schedule is limited and frankly, I don't want to deal with the hassle of an arrangement.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

SolomonKane wrote:
Well, you can't really bring sanctions against somebody, even if they have a history of drops, simply because you can't ever prove any of it. Might as well just swallow hard and instead of leaving your teams tied up, just drop the game and move on. I rarely bother to try to set up with opponents to finish a match because my schedule is limited and frankly, I don't want to deal with the hassle of an arrangement.

not even if i have screenshots showing him telling me that he will leave ?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'd just make sure you have a couple of other teams to play with in the meantime, and follow the Disconnection Problems guidelines...

I can see it being a bit of a problem in the Faction division, but there shouldn't be a problem in ranked at all if you can't use a particular team for a few days.

I haven't had it happen to me in a long long time now, then again, I rarely play in ranked...

Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

those can easily be faked

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2006 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

When i first joined fumbbl I leaved games a lot, not because I was an evil guy (well perhaps i am but thats beside the issue), but because i didn't know better. Now I only start games when i have the time, an issue i ignored in my earlier days... Perhaps we should just check that people have the right amount of time to play a game first if they are new? I used to have the impression the games took 1/2 hour
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PandaPower wrote:
When i first joined fumbbl I leaved games a lot, not because I was an evil guy (well perhaps i am but thats beside the issue), but because i didn't know better. Now I only start games when i have the time, an issue i ignored in my earlier days... Perhaps we should just check that people have the right amount of time to play a game first if they are new? I used to have the impression the games took 1/2 hour

I think it is a hole other problem if ur opponent is a new guy on tha bblock. Because we all have done things that we well didn´t know better. In those cases I would just / and have just send a pm and no whine what so ever. Cause as I mentioned, there is NOTHING bettter for ME than helping knew guys enjoying the fabolus (hope it does not sound too gay Wink ) site/community hehe
Topper

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that action is taken against continous "drop outs"
As Laviak said if you wanna take action use the rules for it Smile
I know of some who have been logged out, because they we´re a liability.
But it´s not enough to do it once.
The admins keep a lsit of complaints I believe.
Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the admins took care of everything if someone leaved too often. Don't they have a list of people who's accused of it and if someone gets quite high will they get the eye on them?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 00:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

When you are told it is 'a disconnetion problem' what everyone means is please read the rules on disconnections, and follow them. IF those rules are followed, and the opponent is genuyinely acting dishonorably. Then admins can, do and will take action. They may not if yours is the very first ever complaint about a coach. but then if they did that would be open to massive abuse. But such players ARE sought out and sanctioned.

The problem here seems to be that you are complaining about the actions of others while not yourself being familiar with, and following, the rules you signed and agreed to.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
When you are told it is 'a disconnetion problem' what everyone means is please read the rules on disconnections, and follow them. IF those rules are followed, and the opponent is genuyinely acting dishonorably. Then admins can, do and will take action. They may not if yours is the very first ever complaint about a coach. but then if they did that would be open to massive abuse. But such players ARE sought out and sanctioned.

The problem here seems to be that you are complaining about the actions of others while not yourself being familiar with, and following, the rules you signed and agreed to.

Im totally famiar with inet crashes - and such. and totally respect that. But in this case (and the only others im kinda irritated about before) the opponent told me straigth to my face he would LEAVE.

And I have so far at least just let much more than 10 disconnections go by - just because I play for fun - and do not want my team to be "parked" 24 hours+ 4-6 hours on the sideline. So normally I just play on and do not complain. But it is just SUUUCH a waste of goodwill´ed time. Espeacially when most of us conceede whenever we get tired and or cannot play the game.

The question is really in my cause around 90 % get away with the "leaving" stunt (against me that is). So is it easier just to leave - because few of us have the 30 hours to wait - than to be honest and just say sry mate I do not have the time to finish this - so u decide do we play it tommorow or do i conceede (and I have to say the 15+ times ive done that - there has only been one (and I honestly believe he could not play the next days - and that was really only my problem) that did not accept to finish the game later. That is the case for me. The majority inhere ARE SO encredible nice and fair - and would bend backwards for you - so at least ask politely (and be posively surprised) and get ur game prosponed in most cases or own up and conceede.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 00:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:
The question is really in my cause around 90 % get away with the "leaving" stunt (against me that is).

Well if we all do that then the problem can only get worse. Follow the rules, then help the rest of us by pointing out the behavior so that we all dont have suffer it.

I play more games than is healthy and havnt encountered this issue in over a year.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Thomcat wrote:
The question is really in my cause around 90 % get away with the "leaving" stunt (against me that is).

Well if we all do that then the problem can only get worse. Follow the rules, then help the rest of us by pointing out the behavior so that we all dont have suffer it.

I play more games than is healthy and havnt encountered this issue in over a year.

tell me what bb times u play and i will join at those times Smile
 Jump to: