29 coaches online • Server time: 03:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill should my kroxigor get?
tackle
8%
 8%  [ 14 ]
+ma
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
shadowing
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
sidestep
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
stand firm
27%
 27%  [ 44 ]
dodge
15%
 15%  [ 24 ]
frenzy
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
pro
30%
 30%  [ 48 ]
diving tackle
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
other (please state below)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 158

Markus

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My krox on this team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=190854 rolled his 2nd double (5+5), first was block. Now there are so many usefull choices that i could need some input.

Dodge and stand firm could help now and later after he got break tackle. Tackle is nice with his tail and cool for blodgeing linefodder. shadowing could help keeping in touch with some blocking targets and is nice with the tail as well. sidestep could make him a REAL Nuissance. Pro gives him some reliability. diving tackle should make sure there is now way away. frenzy could help getting inside cages, but i added it more or less for the fluff, +ma is not needed, but it's always an option even if it's not the best...

Thx for your help
M

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

uhmmm
I always take the stats increases, but this is a hard choice. I´d say shadowing. Combined with prehensile tail could be a pain for the elves. But having an ST5 blodger (with breack tackle in the future)... WOW.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SF

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Markus!

I wouldn't go for tackle, as you have Saurus' to get that ability as a normal skill.
Also Dodge is not a good choice imho. If he'll get Break Tackle someday, Stand Firm would be my choice. It is efficient right now, even without Break Tackle.
Pro is always a good choice for a Big Guy, but 1. he has Block already (so he won't mess up that many blocks), 2. you have 6 other strong guys around to hold the line even when your BG is BoneHead.
Diving Tackle is a great skill, also for most BG. But not for a Kroxi in my eyes, 'cause he has Prehensile Tail already.
Btw, he cannot take Frenzy (General Trait!).

So, I'd chose Stand Firm.

Last edited by Markusen on %b %27, %2006 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Id say pro it is already a usable bigguy with block now make him even more reliable with pro to take out some of the bonehead and double skulls.
-Buur

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The krox play an important role in the lizardmen team and when he boneheads it really sucks so I'd definately give him pro to cut those turns in half. Also even lesser risk blocking with him then.
Silver

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Like Buur said, I'd go for Pro, this way you can further minimize the possibility of going down on a Block of yourself. Pro=The one and only chance to have a rr for a big guy, a must in imy opininon.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The only 2 i would go for (as a lizardmen lover and Krxigor fan) would be Stand firm and dodge. And of course he will get break tackle afterwards (unless you get another good skill roll) So i would say dodge just think about all those nasty mummies and other Big Guys not being able to take him down even with assists, a 1in6 is far better and a 1in3 for each die roll. All stand firm would do is make sure he stays where he is when he goes down, I much prefer dodge for this reason, plus when he gets break tackle he will be great at moving around the field. Plus it also helps if you need to make a last ditch blitz with your Krox and you have to make a dodge roll on his current agi. It gives him a better chance (doesnt say he'll do it lol)

So i say DODGE!! Through and through.

EDIT:- As above pro is good too, but i still think that having your guy harder to get down is a better choice. Dont bite my head off its personal preferance Very Happy

Last edited by Scratch on %b %27, %2006 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

SF+BT is the killer combo for a Krox. His primary objective should be to find multiple tackle zones and tie up as many foes as possible. With SF (when you have BT), you can try to dodge out from the block bait guy safely and seek out more important players to bother.
Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge/BT is a killer combo for a kroxigor, most players with the strength to take down a big guy won't have tackle and combined with BT will he be able to move practically anywhere on the field and annoy with the tail.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say +MA as i voted but pro is good aswell MA7 BG is really sweet though
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say stand firm since it combines well with both guard and break tackle, both likely future skills for him. Pro is also a possibilty, but I'd say stand firm could be key for utilizing the krox's high movement fully.
masterpaw

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Let him always hit with PRO ! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pro
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2006 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If you get SF+break tackle, take pass block, nobody expects a passblocking kroxigor! I should know!

Jump to: