45 coaches online • Server time: 13:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Vampflings to stunty
yes
32%
 32%  [ 38 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 39 ]
I dont care
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
still needs changin
15%
 15%  [ 18 ]
I hate stunty leeg!
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 118

peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

revised VampFlings roster:

http://www.wastedpla.net/revisedvampflings.html

addition to this roster is freebootable Lord:
1 LordFling 5 4 4 8 Razors, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, 50k G S A

make a note that vampflings do NOT get any BGs

Last edited by peikko on %b %04, %2003 - %19:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Vampflings!!!
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

so the vampires are just like regular vampires except they have -1ST, -1MA, -1AV, gain RSC, and go down in price by 30k....

no no no no no no

even with the minuses they easily overpower regular players in stunty stat wise. You're allowed 6 of them, and they start with a skill whose sole purpose to to kill other teams. Am I the only one who see's a problem with that?

I think people should play and and enjoy the rosters we have for a month or two instead of trying to add a new one every week. There are so many teams out there now with only one or two games, and people dont need more rosters to choose from. If we like Stunty let's play stunty instead of just tinkering with it.

Before Cusi starts babbling about how I fear change, I'll close by saying I prefer we use what we got instead of heaping more on top of it.
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said before, Go Vampflings!!!
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Vampflings aint just one of roster writen down just for the sillines of it. We have playtested it to be sure its balanced in low, mid and hight TR.
There IS plenty of new rosters now in stunty but vampflings stand out from them cause theyre very different from others having ofab which makes
playing with them very different.

About they beeing violent... you erally think these bloodsuckers are more violent than teams with 2 tackle-multiblow-razor minotaurs etc. Smile
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:

I think people should play and and enjoy the rosters we have for a month or two instead of trying to add a new one every week. There are so many teams out there now with only one or two games, and people dont need more rosters to choose from.

you smell something burning?
Could it be that theres just not enought really interesting or different concepts in the ones added now...
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
even with the minuses they easily overpower regular players in stunty stat wise. You're allowed 6 of them, and they start with a skill whose sole purpose to to kill other teams. Am I the only one who see's a problem with that?

No, I agree with you.
There seems to be a tremendous urge to have rosters with positional players which start with the strongest skills and traits available (here it is RSC, a trait the ordinary vampires don't come with). The same was true for the horrors which were supposed start with Big Hand, Claw, RSC and Tentacles iirc. That would be powergaming to the worst degree, IMHO.
Especially in the stunty leeg, players should not start with high coveted skills and traits, not even Block.

Why should Vampflings come with RSC when their greater brethren do not, I wonder?
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

they dotn have claws, they have fangs Wink All vampires should bite hard. In this case we dont really think its overpowering them. The lack of BG's really balance that out.
Pardus

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

put some more effort into creating the team than just taking the vampire roster and weakening it... i can see a possibility of using ofab in a stunty team... who in the hell says it has to be vamps?

ofab might be a nice neg for the nurgle beast while i think about it
CopyCat

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with peikko.. and instead of bubling, nugling and talking, ahh whata overpowering team just try to play that rooster instead ... RSC yes.. but armor is 7... not 8, not 9 as for big guys.. test games I played seemed very funny, a bit bloody yes.. but mine snots have seen more bloodier games vs chaos flings with RSC or just simple trolls..
CopyCat

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael : they have RSC because, they are smaller, they teeths are smaller, thus SHARPER Very Happy
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

CopyCat wrote:
Mirascael : they have RSC because, they are smaller, they teeths are smaller, thus SHARPER Very Happy

While I can certianly understand this reasoning(ever been bitten by a kitten? mouth full of little needles) it would probably be first on my list of things to see go.
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2003 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

heh
the rsf is one of the funner things about them
and is a terror to the thralls
let 'em keep their dainty sharp fangs
Cool

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, thralls should not suffer the penalty. The rules state that the injury roll on the thrall is unmodified, the client is not currently doing it correctly.

The Finishing Touch
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
I think people should play and and enjoy the rosters we have for a month or two instead of trying to add a new one every week. There are so many teams out there now with only one or two games, and people dont need more rosters to choose from. If we like Stunty let's play stunty instead of just tinkering with it.

Hey, here's an idea... let's get all the normal teams, give their players -1MV, -1ST, -1AV, and add -flings to the end of their names... Razz
 Jump to: