38 coaches online • Server time: 15:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=7671

what do you guys think for this teams development? personally i'm thinking alot of foul appearence on doubles would be nice and the one and only fanta pants may get two heads if he gets a double

shame my stat guys niggled, both on aging and both when they got there stat buffs
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Hand Razz , give it to a beastman , then get that beastman surehands Razz .
Not sure what type of matchs you are playing but if its open drop the nigglers Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

two heads is rubbish as well , get dodge if you want him to be better at dodging Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
two heads is rubbish as well , get dodge if you want him to be better at dodging Razz

That's untrue, provided you have a Team Reroll to spare. However, this side has only 2, and desperately needs more - they're critical for ball handling most of all (the team has plenty of Block now, so less RRs required there), especially as the top two scorers in the team are niggled.

Two Heads isn't as good as Dodge mainly due to the secondary block protection of the latter skill, and is of course greatly inferior to +Ag, though a player with TH and +Ag will surprise more than one opponent.

Anything which improves pick-up odds is good, reducing the need of RRs.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul Appearance is probably the coolest mutation of them all. Blocks both throwing and passing AND stops the occasional block. Cool as hell...

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Replace the nigglers asap and fire the assistant coach and the cheerleader.

Get one claw and big hand on doubles.
Buur

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont waste any doubles take claw on all of them! (All worship Slaanesh lady of pain and pleasure!)
-Buur

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the stat bonus guys! Even though they are niggled, they are very valuable to your team. Even with a niggle, you can't just give up +St and foul appearance or +Ag block and strip ball. But I would have taken sure hands on that +Ag instead of strip ball. Blockle on that Mino is amazing.

Anyway, get another re-roll before anything else, even if you lose three players. That third re-roll is key. And you don't have to fire the cheerleader and asiistant coach yet. Only when it counts.

I would aslo go as far to use the apothecary in game if a niggler gets another niggle or stat decrease just becasue they are that valuable.

Go with Big hand, more block, a claw or so, Mighty blow, and all that other good stuff that makes Chaos so bashy. Tackle is not really needed, neither is strip ball. Sure hands ASAP and dodge over Two heads. Also Claws over Two heads.

That means you.
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

but ag4 already gives him dodging on ag5, can make a real difference getting to some slippery we catcher thats hiding amounst his mates...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be glad to show you what is better between bash style (claw) and FA style. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm sure you would, however i'm not making a team to annihalate others, as i would like to be able to play games on a regualar basis, not just when the "cherry Pickings are good" i will not doubt have a few guys with Claw etc...in my team but why waste a AG bonus when he is blatently my best chance of scoring and preventing my opp from scoring? i would like to FA it up atm and see how things go. but certain, positional players will surely be different
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

for this specific guy, big arm is the best. usually, you will have to play bashers and they tend to prefer compact formations. this means that if you blitz or get the ball carrierer down, the ball will fall into many TZ.

Big arm to pick up at 2+, ag 4 to dodge out.

perfect combo.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

also tentacle is by far the best skill to give a CW on a double , its just pure evil for puny little elves ( especially dumb ones like me who forget you have tentacle and try to dodge past ) also said puny little elves arent so scared to play tentacle players because we always forget how bad it was last time Razz

also a niggler will give you the same TR as a non niggler , so if you are in a postion to pick and choose your opponents , keeping a niggler is a bad idea as your opponent will have an equally skilled player without the 1 in 6 chance your most expensive players will not be showing up for the game
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

obviously niggles aren't good. everyone knows this. But you have to weigh up how much they give to the team. Look at the one and only fanta pants record and you'll see that the bonus ag has made a huge difference to his playability in the team. if i had someone that could forfill his role i'd happy get rid. Also niggle is taken into account in TS so if they do turn up then your team is effectively stronger than an opp with no niggles on his roster.
xcver

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

or diving tackle for the straight turnover chance on a double Smile