28 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
toonook

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2006 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I am recently up and running again after a pc meltdown of my own creation, hopefully not too far behind the 8 ball as far the draft goes. I know where to send the draft can someone please point me where to go to see what to do? between work and finishing repairing my pc and family commitments in the holidays i have zero time to go searching. much thanks in advance.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2006 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
Draft picks go to swladmin@hotmail.com

Enjoy your trip you lucky bastard cmac Smile

Se4nd your list from most preferred to least to here. If you put a dynamite team in your list dont be surprised if you get it. If you really think you dont want to play it, dont put it in the list. About ten preferences is good number to give the admins to work with.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2006 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Last Call for Games Day at the Adventure Palace on THIS Friday 29 from 10am. Details are on pg 14 of this thread...or check in with Lime Kettle forum (clays blog site board).

Special guest Sandune!

Hope you can make it. (but would nice to know for catering purposes) Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2006 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Check the Racial Balance roster to see which races are in each class.

It also gives you an idea of which races are available, but it will still include the teams of any coaches that are drafting, and won't take other coach's draft picks into account at all, so it's far from a guarantee that you'll be given a particular race if you choose it.

Bacillen

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly the Crash and I are also forced to join the ranks of those parking their SWL teams this season.

In my case my wife & I have another baby coming soon so it's getting difficult to keep evenings open for league play !

I'll hope to rejoin the SWL again some time in the future...once the new little 'un lets us return to some semblance of a normal sleep cycle that is !
I guess that means months rather than weeks though.

Good luck to all in the coming season.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Can all coaches changing their status please send emails to the admins at swladmin@hotmail.com.

Posting on the forum wont register with us with all the other banter going on.

Thx
Bacillen

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I did !
Just telling eveyone else here...(so they can breathe a sigh of relief that my big cuddly Orcs won't be cuddling their players any time soon).
Very Happy
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

End of Season Announcements

All outstanding Regional games must be finished ASAP. We have a few games, but due to the time of year, things are not pressing on us - YET!

Draft picks are now due.

Anyone wishing to park their team or in anyway shape or form change their playing status, please contact the admins to advise.

We are looking at a number of coaches re their reliability. We will also be considering banning some players on this basis and will look to enforce the "two forfeits for no reason" rule alot more strictly in the coming seasons - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Real life issues are fine, and forfeits will occur and we do occaisionally even remove the -1 league point penalty, but simply not communicating is not on.

For Season 18, we are looking at a similar structure, promotions and relegations are yet to be done, but we will require a playoff for a final premier league spot.

Premier League was won by Longshanks (a fumbbl error has Bacillen winning, but he should be on 25... a ticket will fix that) but the end result was that Longshanks, OldBugman and FLo711 retained their premier league status. Bacillen has decided to give SWL XVIII a miss and this means that we need 5 promotees from Conference.

Of course the 3 winners promote, Patrician wins one wildcard and then we have 4 teams tied on 22. By countback, justbob and Bloodreaper will be required to playoff for the final premier spot - that has been set up.

The rest of the relegations / promotions will be decided and the playoff game needs to be done so that we can commence SWL XVIII on Jan 15.

With the longweekend, and CanCon, we will look for Round 1 next season to be completed by Jan 29.

So in short... let the admins know via email (swladmin@hotmail.com) of any drafts or status issues.

Hope you all had a great Xmas and enjoy NYE.

Clay
Bacillen

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Huge congrats to Longshanks and his excellent Duskriders on their Premier title.
...and to Patrician for getting the Blight there at last !
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Was actually a real nail bitter of a season in prem and confs.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes indeed - there were loads of good matches this season. Congratulations Longshanks - the Duskriders definitely deserve a medal in my books - great games all season. Congrats also to all the coaches being promoted from the Conferences, and from the Regionals too.

justbob

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Of course the 3 winners promote, Patrician wins one wildcard and then we have 4 teams tied on 22. By countback, justbob and Bloodreaper will be required to playoff for the final premier spot - that has been set up.

Yikes no kidding - ok I'm out of town at the minute, back tomorrow and will arrange the game asap.
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

well the "Echoes" are gonna have one more stab at this thing... but another season like the last two will finish us, ill probably miss out on a preferred draft pick doing this but what they hell

So who is going to Cancon... any accomodation plans etc... my schedule has surprisingly opened up, and my fiance is giving me grudging permission to go. That and the fact that Virral and myself are looking like running Euc bowl this year makes for some intense table top issues in 2007. What race to take to Cancon.. my inability to beat Dwarves with my Lizards, my lack of painted saurus... etc etc

Proud Member of the SWL
annachie

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Bacillen wrote:
In my case my wife & I have another baby coming soon so it's getting difficult to keep evenings open for league play !

Take it from one who knows, it's possible to do it easily. You might find it kinda weird playing with a baby sleeping on your lap, or playing one handed whilst holding a bottle or whatever, but it is doable. Especially when they are small enough to not grab for the keyboard, or if they are easily settled. (Changing a dirty nappy whilst your opponent is having his turn is kind of a challenge Smile )

As for Cancon, I'd love to but it looks more and more like the baby will show up on the 11th of Jan, so not enough time. If you get pressed and have a car, there used to be a caravan park place on Black Mountain that had tent sites for $5.00 a night per person. Of course, that was 10 years ago Smile

But realy, it is up to your missus and you to decide.
Luck with the baby. :~)
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it is a bit late for a DraftPickSWLTR100tournament but is there interest in setting up a SWL TR100 League? Doesn't have to be long and big. Just something to do.
 Jump to: