22 coaches online • Server time: 08:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesteday you fell asleep in your warm, comfortable bed.
You clearly remember your room, your bloodbowl miniatures, and your personal computer connected to Fumbbl.com.

When you wake up, it's all gone. You are in an empty, disadorned cubic room with nothing at all in it. Nothing, except you and a subtle little fear that will soon become panic...

THE CUBE

23 Players
18 Innocent civilians
5 Scientists

The Players:

The innocent civilians:
Nightmares always happen to innocents. You've spent the last five hours going from room to room. All equal. All empty. Some, deadly. You wonder how you've been able to survive those... those things. But now you've finally heard a noise past the wall in front of you. You've opened the panel, and you've found some other innocents, scared and trapped just like you.
You can't believe they were just lucky. You've faced death a dozen times in the past two hours, so you firmly believe that these guys know something about the place. They are a group. They are alive. You must find a way to force them to reveal their secrets. And you need, really really NEED to leave this place.
Innocent Civilians are not a team. Each and every innocent civilian wins the game if he survives till the end. Which means exiting the Cube. Which means being able to find out and kill the Scientists, and be smart or strong or lucky enough to pass through the last three cells that stand between the Cube and Freedom.
Victory Condition: EVERY INNOCENT CIVILIAN wins if he is able to pass through three Cells of the Cube after the Scientists are all dead

The Scientists
You've created the ultimate nightmare, the perfect prison, the Cube. You are the only one knowing the reasons behind such a wonderful project. Lesser minds cannot understand the beauty of it. Lesser minds are just specimens, the kind of specimens you need to complete your studies of psychology and sociology. While you wear some ordinary jeans and T-shirt, you look at yourself in the mirror. Yeah, you look just like that one stupid teenager, and now you'll have fun watching them die. You are not evil. You and your colleagues just need more data, and this is the only way you can collect them.

The Scientists respect each other, and they have decided to enter the Cube and enjoy the spectacular sight of 16 people desperately trying to survive in an hostile environment. The little brain of the specimens is the only way out. Sadly, it will never be enough. Ah, well... Science for science's sake. You can't wait for the moment when they all will die, and you will be able to return to real life with enough material to make all of the M.I.T.s superbrains turn pale in comparison.
The Scientists are not a team though, even if they know each other. In a way, surviving all alone is better than being part of a project... If a Scientist manages to get out of the Cube alone and with the huge data collected during the interesting experience, he will be a true hero and he will get all the glory for himself. So why bother protecting colleagues? Success is only a few deaths away.
Victory Conditions: SCIENTISTS win when they manage to tie the number of civilians inside the cube. When this happens, they will have a very easy way to lure the remaining specimens into traps. Only surviving Scientists are considered winners.

THE RULES OF THE CUBE

VOTING AND TORTURING
You are sure that there are Scientists among you, because someone HAS to know something about this horrible construction.
Every day the group casts votes.
Players are NOT allowed to vote for themselves.
VOTNG ENDS AT 19:59 BB TIME.
The one who gets more votes is tortured, beaten up and forced to talk. Suspect levels raise real high when you are in an hostile environment, you've got nothing to eat and you cannot see a way out of it.
- Innocents will reveal nothing under torture, and they will die painfully at the hands of the group.
- Scientists (who are not reknowned for having guts) will reveal the secrets of the Cube before they die. For every Scientist killed during torture all civilians learn some of the secrets of the traps and the exit of the Cube, and thus gain a +15% survival bonus when entering Cells.
If a tie occurs, there is no torture, but all the players involved in the tie will be forced to open the next Cell (see below).

THE CELLS
The Cube is made of Cells. Each and every Cell has a deadly trap hidden somewhere in the floor, or the roof, or the sides, or just right behind you. To escape the Cube, the whole group (innocents and Scientists alike) has to walk past Cells. Of course, as you can clearly imagine, you are not very happy to enter a Cell first, triggering the trap. This is why the most suspected guy is always forced to step forward and risk his life.

After the Vote and the Torture (see above), you have to move on to the exit. This means opening a panel and entering a new Cell. The guy who got more votes (apart from the one who was just tortured and killed, i.e. the one who came second in the votes) is forced to enter the Cell and disarm (or trigger) the trap.

If there's a tie for the second spot, all players involved are forced to enter the Cell together.

- Innocents start with a 10% chance of survival while opening a Cell.
- Scientists will always have a 100% chance of survival (they know the tricks of the Cube!)

If two or more players have to disarm a Cell toghether, only one roll is made for both. If a Scientist is involved in disarming a cell together with a civilian, the survival is 30% (A Scientist sure doesn't want to die for the cause, but can't give his identity away, so he'll put more attention in not being noticed than in disarming the trap! ...a fatal mistake, sometimes...). Of course, if two scientists enter a Cell due to a tie and there's no other civilian with them, the 100% survival chance stands.

No matter if the trap is triggered or disarmed, the Room will be considered secure for the rest of the day, and all the group will be able to enter it without risk.

The last three Cells to the exit (the ones you have to pass through after killing the last Scientist MUST be disabled. They will restore themselves to active status after killing, so to pass through them the remaining innocents must find a way to disarm them.

LURKERS
It's not the brightest idea to stay silent when everyone around you is going psycho... every 24h of TOTAL silence, a player gets a "bonus" (well, not much of a bonus...) +1 to his vote count. The idling players will soon find it difficult to stay alive this way. This "bonus" is cumulative: you stay silent for 48h straight, and your vote count each day starts at +2.
If the silent player starts talking again, for every day he posts he gets a -1, until the counter gets back to the normal Zero.

GENERAL RULES:

All normal rules for this kind of games apply.

1- use the "Unvote XXX, Vote YYY" to cast votes.

2- Do not communicate outside the thread.

3- Read the rules. I might have missed something along the way, so I'd appreciate you to tell me so that I can fix it, instead of exploiting my mistake. You should understand the spirit of the rules, so please don't try and force the game towards the wrong direction.

4- Do not edit posts with votes. Edited posts won't count.

5- Try to have fun. This is a game of luck and skill and I expect to see some paranoia along the way. No problems with it, but everybody please remember that a) THIS IS A GAME and b) ALL INSULTS are pretty much game-related. Nothing personal, please.

6- No metagaming if you can avoid it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Ready? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %29, %2006 - %01:%Nov; edited 9 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Current chance of survival when opening a Cell: 40%
Dead Scientists: 2

What happened so far:
Xenon was tortured to death on day 1
GrinningD survived a Cell on day 1
Haifish was tortured to death on day 2
GrinningD died in a Cell on day 2
Gatts was tortured to death on day 3
Bobfeup died in a Cell on day 3
Zatoc was tortured to death on day 4
Pac died in a Cell on day 4
JockMcRowdy was tortured to death on day 5
Zuul survived a cell on day 5
Zuul and freak_in_a_frock survived a cell on day 6
Zuul was tortured to death on day 7
freak_in_a_frock survived a cell on day 7
freak_in_a_frock was tortured to death on day 8
Spelledaren died in a cell on day 8
Diabl0658 was tortured to death on day 9
Zaghrog died in a cell on day 9
Markus was tortured to death on day 10
Sleep died in a cell on day 10
Lenny was tortured to death on day 11
SchwipSchwap survived a cell on day 11

Still Alive:
Fama
Lenny
Plorg
Purplegoo
Quota
SchwipSchwap
Sickroy
Walks_in_the_sun

The Dead:
Bobfeup
Diabl0658 (tortured)
freak_in_a_frock (tortured)
Gatts (tortured)
GrinningD
Haifish (tortured)
JockMcRowdy (tortured)
Pac
Spelledaren
Xenon (tortured)
Zaghrog
Zatoc (tortured)
Zuul (tortured)

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %12, %2006 - %23:%Dec; edited 37 times in total
Sleep

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

DISCO IN THE CUBE!

With skill and luck you get snake eyes!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

All messages sent. If you didn't receive any PM, you can contact me asking for one. I probably missed you Smile
As soon as I get all the replies, game starts!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck everyone!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes good luck everyone, and obviously i mean that in a bloodbowl sort of a way. i.e not as good as mine.
Zatoc

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ready to Disco in the cube. Begins Monday right? Or when everyone has responded
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi its a *rolls d6* pleasure to meet you all. Have we got braodband in this place?

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
Hi its a *rolls d6* pleasure to meet you all. Have we got braodband in this place?

Laughing
1st Roleplay award to Jock Laughing

8 PMs received so far.
Cool

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft, the decoration here sucks. And you all look like poor nerds and such. Atleast while Im work I drive around rich single mothers and fullfill their wishes. What the hell am I doing here?

With skill and luck you get snake eyes!
Lenny

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

What the hell is this? I've got an important case on Monday....
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>"This place is amazing..." says a surprisingly fit man of about fifty, running a hand over his closely cropped, grey and thinning hair as he surveyed the room. "Orange, blue, green. It sort of reminds me of Ender's Game..."</i> But how did I get in here? Who could have gotten past all my security?

Last edited by Walks_in_the_Sun on %b %25, %2006 - %23:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
quota

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

As Jan said: "this thread is green".

Post 6 Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

<i>Hmmmm...how did all this people succeed in getting here from their starting room? I can't believe that was only luck. There must be someone knowing what's going on here...I will try to figure that out later.
For now I will have to leave as soon as possible. I have a match arranged against Deep Fritz and I don't want to have months of mind training wasted because of this nightmare.</i>
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2006 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

16 PMs received so far.