As some of you may have seen, I've been working on a custom roster feature for the site. I've now gotten to a point where I feel it's ready for wide-spread testing so I've pushed the functionality to the live site.
Undoubtedly, you will have a bunch of questions, but to avoid the most obvious ones, here's a few things to keep in mind:
- First of all, this is pretty complicated so be warned.
- The functionality is part of the Ruleset
feature. You'll find the roster editor in the "Rosters" tab after switching your available rosters to "Custom".
- To add rosters that others have set up, you use the "Add Existing Roster" link. This allows you to search for rosters by name. Undoubtedly, you'll end up with multiple rosters of the same name. To limit the search results, you can search for rosters maintained by specific coaches. To do this, you search for a part of the coach name, followed by a forward slash and then a part of the roster name. For example "chri/test" will show you rosters in one of my rulesets containing the word "test".
- To create a team with a new roster, you need to make a group that uses the ruleset (must be set to "league" rather than "meta group"), and use the Create Team link on the group page.
- Once a team is created using a race, it will not be possible to remove the roster entirely from the site. You can, however, disassociate the roster from your ruleset (by removing it from the list of available rosters).
- Similarly, if someone has a positional from one of your rosters, you will not be able to remove the positional from the site. The remove link will simply be a shortcut to setting the quantity of the positional to 0.
- Changing skills on a positional will update immediately on all players using it. Stats will not live update immediately (but will update after the next match).
This change is quite large and complex all in all, and I am almost certain there are bugs. When you run into one of those, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it.
Enjoy making new rosters! It'll be fun to see what you come up with.