25 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:

Just be careful by lowering it too much. You will get coaches who have only played 26 games and had a massive luck streak. They will at the top of the list, anything under 35 is probably too few.

For annual, it sounds fine to me. 26 games/year is enough of a cutoff to weed out too casual players. If you're a master who plays many races, 26/year/race is quite a few.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
@OenarLod: Thanks for pointing on this. You mean THIS model?

Yes.
The Heaviside function, mathematical representation of an hard constraint, gives results that are all-or-nothing.
Using a logistic function with an appropriate exponential parameter weighting, you can get a sort of "soft activation", so approaching the barrier the score slowly come in instead of arising abruptly.

Instead of using W%>K, just multiply the score for something like 1/(1+exp(-2*(W%-W%_mean)/W%_stdev)).
It will weight by 0.5 scores when one has exactly a W% equal to the mean, by 0.88 when one is at W%_mean+W%_stdev and reach 0.98 when at W%_mean+2*W%_stdev.
You can easily adjust the multiplying factor 2 in order to make the function as step as you like.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

@Igvy: I also believe that a barrier of 26 should be enough for an annual version. However I won't call it "Masters". That naming is for the all-time version where the cap will be 100 matches. The name of the annual version will be something like "Best FUMBBL Performances of 2013".

@OenarLod: Clear. I will use this model for the upcoming releases. Thanks again.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2013 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I look forward to some newb scanning the Dark Elf list, seeing my name, finding the game I played last night...and seeing me forget to score. Smile
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2013 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sniff, apparently I'm not good at either R or B lizardmen Sad. The shame.

EDIT - and neither is Ulrik, CameronHawkins or The_Provocateur? While my pride is slightly irritated at not being on either list, those 3 should *certainly* be on it! Prov is like the go-to lizzie master...

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2013 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@Hitonagashi: This is because of the all-or-nothing type of the model which will be fixed in the next version.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
@Hitonagashi: This is because of the all-or-nothing type of the model which will be fixed in the next version.

So, who is listed the most? I checked for myself of course, but did not run through anyone else. For me, I was listed for 12 of the B races and 5 of the R races. With a combined 3 1st and 3 2nd.

So when this is "fixed" will I be listed more or less often? Smile
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Play some alternative build teams, that should take you off the lists for those races. Wink

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, I suck the most!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I shouldn't be on any of these lists. As PC rightly says, I suck!

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This is really, cool, thanks for putting the time in to make it!

(man people complain a lot on these forums, if you want to make a "better" list just do it instead of whining about everything.)

yes I know the above makes me a complainer about complaining...
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Play some alternative build teams, that should take you off the lists for those races. Wink

I can totally confirm this. It also keeps you from any of this lists in the first place. Smile

Edit:
The new elf way: DP on everyone as first skill, Sneaky Git as second (and Wrestle after that). In case of doubles go down the Mighty Blow path (with Block, Tackle, Frenzy, Piling On...). One stat freak carrier for balling should be enough.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Overhamsteren wrote:

I can totally confirm this. It also keeps you from any of this lists in the first place. Smile

Edit:
The new elf way: DP on everyone as first skill, Sneaky Git as second (and Wrestle after that). In case of doubles go down the Mighty Blow path (with Block, Tackle, Frenzy, Piling On...). One stat freak carrier for balling should be enough.

You META-gamer. This will certainly put you in the top of my list.

Looking forward to speecing.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I have no intentions to build such a team in the near future (more due to time issues than motivation) - just thought I'd reveal the future to you guys! Wink

Oh, the temptation...

Maybe I should start a column: "Want to mess with your CR and still have fun? Ask Rabe!"

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2013 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Szieberth, could you tell me where I am with flings (and where I'd be flings if I did have 50 R fling games instead of 44)?
 Jump to: