41 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ecoss

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Other than the 2-1 grind and killing as many as possible, what offensive strategies do you like on your chaos teams?
I usually cage up pretty tight and run one or two down field to hit and set up for a handoff/catch.
I find against woodies I need to break from the cage earlier than I want to cos of those pesky blodgesteppers in my face.
I fnd against dwarves/orcs I can open up a path for a score quicker than I need to as they can't stay close to the receivers.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I could name a few coaches 'round here whose tactics are considered pretty offensive... Very Happy

*+10 bad pun damage*
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

My plan B for Chaos (when getting out-bashed or out-scored) is to pretend to be elves, and setup for two turn scores.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You should be able to zigzag a cage pretty easily with them while bashing. Or screening, depends on opponent MA.
The goal should be to score turn 8 as always, unless you get outnumbered. Never rush a TD unless you only have a few turns to do one.
Getting a few opposing players off the potch helps of course.

However, i'm not very experienced with chaos...
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ecoss wrote:
I find against woodies I need to break from the cage earlier than I want to cos of those pesky blodgesteppers in my face.

Not just Chaos, but any (caging) team against Leapers or Vamps (or Ag 5 dodgers), need to maintain a screen in front of the cage, so the oppo faces multiple rolls to get to the ballcarrier, and then multiple again to profit from it and scoop any loose ball (and so not leave their blitzer in the middle of all that).

Likewise, a trailing sweeper and/or secondary ballhandler also deters this, and acts as a failsafe if things go wrong.

Easier said than done sometimes, but that's the plan.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Knock someone down and build your cage around them so you can DP gang foul them. You mean offensive offensive tactics like that? I love that one for Chaos because CLPOMBing just isn't enough damage. lol

Also love leaving a small hole in my cage or screen to encourage my opponent to try to hit the ball. Then I smack them down and DP gang foul them OR if they are already down I DP gang foul them. Even IF they get lucky on the hit on the ball the cage/screen should be good enough to keep the ball safe. But loose enough to encourage them to man-mark so I can smack them down again on the next turn.

It is a tricky tactic to learn to appear incapable of making a proper cage/screen jut enough to encourage your opponent to go after the ball... but also make the cage good enough to actually protect the ball. Sometimes I out-think myself on this one... but when it works it is the sweetest success.

I find it works best when 1/2 to the opponents endzone and not before that. Your opponent is likey more desperate to stop you at this point AND you are more likely to be able to recover just in case your opponent gets extremely lucky or you have not executed the strategy properly.

Obviously this strategy is not best applied against Slann who are just too good an getting the ball. You don't want to help them out. Teams with 2 or more Leapers make it too risky to invite them into your cage like this (Wood Elves). It would be really tough to pull off against Vampires as well. Their GAZE can make it easy enough on them to take the ball.

Last edited by Catalyst32 on %b %09, %2014 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Best O is a solid D.

__Synn
 Jump to: