36 coaches online • Server time: 09:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the most spectacular and deserved win, after that shameful (and desperate) timeout in turn8.
Hurrah for Dom!
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, however being timed out that frequently and in even the most dire situations is not acceptable.

Therefore we announce to donate 3$ for every single timeout that happens in all of our remaining games during the Fumbbl Cup. The amount of timeouts will be held in the match report and after the FC has ended (or has ended for us), we will donate the total sum.
I think this is positive for FUMBBL: Either I play faster to the joy of my opponents or FUMBBL gets a bit of monetary support.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Therefore we announce to donate 3$ for every single timeout that happens in all of our remaining games during the Fumbbl Cup.

This is the classiest response to munchkinry ever, Dom.

Donate all menz!

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Buoyancy always wins against ignominy. And Nuffle was perceptive tonight Smile
Azure

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I did not see the game - but why would anyone boo a timeout against Dom? He takes longer than 4 minutes to play his turns - he should be timed out. This is not some issue of a person that is afk, or disconnecting. It is someone who consistently takes roughly 4 minutes a turn - if he goes over, he should be timed out.

This is a tournament and the rules should be fairly applied to everyone. Thus it can be fair to everyone...otherwise people try to take advantage. Just like the team with the higher TV should ready first. This is to prevent someone from trying to take advantage...rules are in place to give a level playing field and all should follow them.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Timeout rules are pretty clear about it: Always timeout Dominik! Very Happy

Grats on the win, seen it from second half and it was a very enjoyable game well played from both sides.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 05:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Pickers Challenge Entry Card Round #3

5pt pick: Long Haul Trucking
4pt pick: Reservior Dogz
3pt pick; Chaos Waste Crushers
2pt pick: Beard And The Bear
1pt pick: Single Malt Skitterers

Speculation Bets

#1 How many TD's will be scored in the 10 matches?: 32
#2 How many Badly Hurts will happen in the 10 matches? Pick ABC or D

B: 25-35
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally I would boo timeouts. But if Dom is consistently going over 4 mins then he deserves to lose a match through timeouts. You are meant to make sure you have 90 mins for a game, not over 2 hours for consistently long turns. Perhaps Dom should donate every time he goes over 4 mins.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally I will warn the person the first time they go over that I will time them out next time. After that I press the button regardless of turn.

I agree with Azure this is a tournament with rules. The 4 min turn is an important part of that.

I did not see the game incase there was added context.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Therefore we announce to donate 3$ for every single timeout that happens in all of our remaining games during the Fumbbl Cup. The amount of timeouts will be held in the match report and after the FC has ended (or has ended for us), we will donate the total sum.
I think this is positive for FUMBBL: Either I play faster to the joy of my opponents or FUMBBL gets a bit of monetary support.

This is glorious! Can the total timeouts in Dom's next match please be a speculation bet item for next round?

Join the Human League Premiership!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't see the game, but i totally agree with Azure. This is the FC, after all.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead Dorf!

Purchaser, +ma blodge guard longbeard, 38 spp in 36 matches, including 4 MVPs.

In this game, where the cas train was in for the tidy little Evil Lego, and the Pullies needed a much longer bench and a much better game plan, and a coach who can spell more better too. There was also a dead Slayer, but the Apo fixed him up good, and a -ST rookie who took early retirement.

Sadly, no dead Chorfs, at least until their next match where they will meet Rictor's Los señalados. Good luck with that, then, you clawsome little tall hat men. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't create a debate about timeouts, but imho I would be totally ashamed to win thanks to a timeout at 4m00s to prevent a TD, especially against a coach who absolutely needs so much time to play as well as a majority of faster coaches. In this case taking time is not an abuse, it's fairness.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Dominik wrote:

This is glorious! Can the total timeouts in Dom's next match please be a speculation bet item for next round?

Laughing

For the record:
I counted five timeouts in that game.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
I did not see the game - but why would anyone boo a timeout against Dom?

Because it prevented specs from seeing the kind of play for which we love BloodBowl.