37 coaches online • Server time: 00:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2009 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to season 31 of the SWL.

Links:
Last season, chaos dominated the scene in Premier, taking out both the title, and second place as well. Congratulations to Woodies Double Revenge, winners of SWL season 30!

With such dominance over the SWL, it's not clear how anyone will manage to stop them ... all I know is that a couple of teams appear to have been hoarding cash, hoping for a shot at taking out the monsters at the top!

Announcements:
  • Divisional Restructure
    As you may already be aware, the numbers in the SWL have dwindled a little over the last couple of seasons. We've been putting it off as long as possible, but this season, we are forced to do the first major restructure in 15 or so seasons. We are reducing the number of conferences to two. This means that there will be more teams demoted to regionals than there have been in the past few seasons, and also fewer teams promoted from regionals.
    For anyone demoted to regionals, please DO NOT CULL until your first match. It is possible that there will be a little bit of movement between confs and regionals, particularly if any additional coaches decide to park/draft.
  • Season Commencement
    The draws should be up early this week. Assuming we manage to sort out the divs soon enough, round 1 will be due on Monday 20th July.

Rules Changes
  • Promotions/Relegations
    There will be some minor changes to the number of slots for promotion/relegation. Bottom 4 will still be demoted from Premier, so the top two from confs will be promoted. Minimum top two will be promoted from each regional, plus additional teams if needed. Bottom place will be demoted from each conference, plus additional teams if needed.

JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2009 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

'There was movement at the station for word had gone around.....'

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2009 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we blame the shrinking numbers on the powerghamers? Works for me!
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2009 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I blame the smell of Tomay's undead Razz
Symmetrical

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2009 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I request Manfred retains naming rights over one of those Conferences.

Let the two overrated wannabes(the Duke, & Gone) fight it out for the other one.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2009 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i think its time to mention what a good job the admins do with what can sometimes be a difficult and complex arrangement of teams and divisions. Well done!
Norksman

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed! Thanks for keeping everything going admins!
Quod

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to the two Chaos teams up the top =)

I have been puzzling over how their games and mine are different, and have been able to come up with one main thing, I tend to have worse luck than they do. Seriously..... I have streaks of fantastic luck, and then streaks of miserable luck. The miserable luck is usually enough to kill the team for a couple of games to a full season. Going back over the top two Chaos teams, they have fairly even luck.

Now I understand that "luck" is mainly how you are situating yourself, which actions you do first, and how you prepare for the worst and how many mistakes you make. I swear I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong other than luck though. Would a couple of the more skilled coaches, especially the two winning Chaos ones, waste some of their precious time looking over some of my game replays and tell me what it is that I am doing wrong and cannot see.

Cheers!

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Skill rolls.. look at the percentage of doubles on those guys, I think they are whittling down slightly now, but give very skilled coaches like those guys some decent skill rolls and they'll win with anything.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

skilled coaches? wait.. hmm. I don't see it. OB is a hack.
Barre

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well hack is a good description of what he did to Prem last season. Mind you he blew the title on a needless foul, *shakes head in disappointment*

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Well hack is a good description of what he did to Prem last season. Mind you he blew the title on a needless foul, *shakes head in disappointment*

No foul is needless in OB's mind!
Richieinjapan

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Phoenix (K)nights are (barely) living proof of that! We shall return!

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

A choke by any other name.
Quod

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Skill rolls.. look at the percentage of doubles on those guys, I think they are whittling down slightly now, but give very skilled coaches like those guys some decent skill rolls and they'll win with anything.
I include the amount of doubles/stat increases people roll as part of their luck, same with FF.

These factors do have outside influences ie
FF - winning the game, 2 cas, 2 td's
doubles/stats - winning games = more spp, less chance of relegation, less chance of having to cull, less chance of copping a flogging and having players die or get injured

Schola - 8 doubles/stat increases and a FF of 14
WDDR - 17 doubles/stat increases and a FF of 25
Mort Avarita - 11 doubles/stat increases and a FF of 15

No matter what i do I have never been able to get FF over 15, the moment it hits 15, all I ever roll is 1's, which is an automatic decrease in FF

Stat wise, I don't have too much luck compared to these guys
Schola has taken 18 doubles/stat increases in 84 games
WDDR has taken 22 doubles/stat increases in 49 games
Mort Av has taken 14 doubles/stat increases in 29 games

Jump to: