50 coaches online • Server time: 18:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have been tyring out some elfball action of late. With mixed results.

The main issue with all elf teams and mine in particular is the extreme CAS turnover rate and half a team of J-men.

So Iam going to try a new build plan with them. Let me know what you think and if you have tried this out.

Retired my High Elf team and now starting up my Dark Elf team.

The Plan

1)Linos and 4 Blitzers only to start.

2)Blodge is the only concern. Ignore all doubles and +STATS until my core 11 players have blodge.

3) Once that goal is done. Start buying the witches, Runners and assassins.

4)When player death/retirement occurs. Rebuy the player and go back to step 2. No more roster expansion until the new guy(s) get blodge.

5)Once Blodge status is achieved then that player starts getting support skills.

Exception: Blitzers will take doubles to get MB or Guard but ignore +STAT

The idea is to maintain a low TV early on. Build up the team. Blodge is not a guarantee of anything but it does dramatically increase your odds of not getting smashed.

Also by building up really slow. It will hopefully help out the treasury. In theory if I go at this really slow and take my time. After about 50 matches I should have a really nice core of 10 players with blodge + a nice treasury for player replacement and SE concerns.

The end game is to have a 16 man Dark Elf team when this is all said and done.

My issue I have had with taking doubles +Stats early is that it pushes Blodge down the line. Thus my AG5 lino is nice and all but can he survive to 31+ to blodge up, and for me the answer is no. Same thing with double roll skills.

Summary
10+ Core of blodge Darkies
16 man roster
A nice treasury to back up the team
This is going to be a slow slow slow process due to amount of games needed and NUFFLE throwing me some curve balls when it comes to CAS.

As a side note to this: I have come to the conclusion that elfs need to BLODGE up before all other concerns.

Last edited by PainState on %b %20, %2012 - %19:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

6 Blodgers is all u need, 4 blitzers + 2 witches.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Blodge is useful early on but less usefull late on in a teams development, unless you play in the Box where the lack of tackle is insane. Why not try Wrestle Side Step on all line elves?

Also full roster Dark Elves is I think the most expensive elf roster you can have, so you will not get many skill before reaching 2000tv.

You need Side Step, tackle and Diving Tackle to a lesser extent. I personally do not get Assassins either really. Though since you are ignoring all skills the shadowing might be useful, though as I say I think you will be suprised how few skills you can have for your high Tv.

Will be interesting to see how it goes Smile
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Start with 3 Blitzers and a Witch Elf. A starting dodger with frenzeh is awesome.

__Synn
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

elf's what?

elf's teabags? elf's trousers? elf's sanity?

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Which division is this for?
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

blader4411 wrote:
Which division is this for?

Ranked

Greatest Team Ever

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wrestle fend on line elves will dramatically reduce the number of incoming blocks.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend will dramatically reduce the amount of wins too.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Fend will dramatically reduce the amount of wins too.

LMAO, tru dat!

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree largely. Accept at least the first +AG on a blitzer (for a leap strip baller). Probably also take any +ST on blitzers.
Otherwise, I'd take it on a player by player basis. Don't take doubles on a rookie lino, but if he already has block or dodge, consider guard before completing blodge. Ignoring stats on linos sounds like a good idea, although you would miss out on players like Rarakod.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

On the blitzers and witches, you can afford to take +ST,+AG, or MB on doubles if nuffle graces you with them, as they already have 1/2 of the 'blodge requirement' for your team idea. So getting one of the aforementioned rolls as their first skill won't hamper their development of blodge for too long.

Don't drop the soap.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't bother to skill the Linemen. If they happen to skill on their own then fine... but don't waste any time or effort on it.

Just skill up the Blitzers and 1 Witch and call it a team.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Runner is quite useful to have as a carrier.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2012 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

selfy_74 wrote:
Wrestle fend on line elves will dramatically reduce the number of incoming blocks.

Huh?

Wrestle/ Fend VS Blodge

Wrestle/Fend: By default you just gave all of your opponeets tackle when it comes to blocking you. Also if you use wrestle now your pixels are on the ground and next turn cant block with out blitzing. Fend does not reduce the # of blocks you take. All it does is improve postioning of your pixels by denying the follow up. Which then leads to you throwing less blocks back. So fend actually reduces the # of blocks you can throw at your opponeet not the other way around.

Blodge is the best odds you can possibly get on the block dice. So why deny yourself the best odds for lesser odds? The extreme example of this is IF all your guys have blodge and all of your opponeets have tackle. Then all that means is then both teams are playing even odds on the blocking dice. And the diffrence then is postioning and guard and ST of pixels involved.

There is no combo of skills IMO that are as good as blodge when looking at the blocking dice and the odds of getting knocked over. The worst thing that can happen is your opponeet has tackle and reduces the odds back down to even. Which is at the heart of why I think getting blodge on every single pixel above everything else is a good plan.

And Yes I do agree that on the Blitzers/witches due to them starting with 1/2 blodge it would be foolish to gimp them by not taking all doubles/+Stats on the 6 SPP roll.

I like fend. But not on my Dark Elf team. Elf's have to many "better" skills to take than fend. Now if we are talking Human Linos, well now we got a discussion.