22 coaches online • Server time: 04:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2012 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pahf, with that attitude, you probably wouldn't ever take +agi on a tomb guardian, and make him your ball carrier, and make him the fastest Star Tomb Guardian ever, and get a hat trick in a single game with him.

Since most of those things could not be done by an agi 1 Tomb Guardian, I have full faith that Tim can do what Painstate wants - as long as Painstate pushes for it.

Similar to pushing Saurus touchdowns; 50 odd games, and only 40-60 SPP went to non legend skinks, while keeping a 60% win ratio (which means, something like 30-40 Saurus Touchdowns in those games). If you only work at it, it will work; it might take different tactics than most people use, but that doesn't mean it's not doable.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2012 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Tim is laid low by CPOMB yesterday and the Buccaneers lost their inspirational big lug. 'Night Train'Lane was also taken down by the CPOMB as the apoth rushes in to heal a RIP and delivers another RIP on Lanes poor body, it was gruesome, a saw bones could have done better work.

After the match Coach was bombarded with questions on the sanity of playing such a brutal team. Coach basically shruged them off and said the Bucs take on all comers and they dont run from a scrum. It is a dark day but the Bucs have thicker skins now from this match and dont fear anyone.

A group of fans claim that TIm is not the brother of Krikack and that questions of Tim's birth certifacte has caused some fans to think the Bucs concocted the wholle story that Tim was in fact the brother of Krikack for publicity reasons.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2012 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

show us your birth certificate!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

** Transcript of Coach Hicksey after the Buccaneers lose in the opening round of the FC **

CoacH: Well it was a really tough lose for us tonight. I had high hopes that we could make a good showing in the FC and make a deep run. It just all fell apart right after the start of the second half. We had to many dodge out fails that just put us in bad spots tonight. Coming into the match we were looking to take advantage of our speed advantage and also spread them out. We got to bunched up at times and then could not get to the edges because of those failed dodges.

Once we got bunched up and then coupled that with inept dodge outs that was when the CPOMB really took over the match. So we are back to square one and Iam taking a long look at the roster. We need to get better for the new season of Majors next year. I plan on having the best Buc squad ever headed into the Warpstone Open. We cant look back just forward.

Reporter: Coach, according to the stats you had 7 Turn Overs this match on dodge outs. Why? AG3 is allways dicey.

Coach: well we had to draw them in. It was a calculated gamble on our part. It just back fired.

Reporter: The foul totals were way down. What happened? you go soft?

Coach: We just were never in a good flow all game long. We got put on our heels and could never really set up any good shots. We had one at the start of the match but as the match went we could not land any DP boots.

Reporter: I have just got word coach that you fired 7 players right after the match. I see you did not wait to make changes.

Coach: Nope, those guys were bums and needed to go. That is the bottom line. The TV bloat was to much. We got to get faster, more +Stat boosts and more experienced players. We were to Lino top heavy. Also in order to rebuild back up we had to address the TV situation and fast.

Reporter: We all know that Walker has openly stated his desire to open a Blood Bowl sports bar. Is it time for him to retire?

Coach: Walker is the only guy around here who can answer that. Legends earn the right to call the shots on the end of their carrers. So I will leave that up to him. As long as he wants to play on the Bucs, he will. TV implications be damned.

Reporter: Well what about Peterson? He is getting up there also and it was stated he was Walkers replacement. Is that still in the works.

Coach: Of course. But if Walker does not retire then Peterson will be 1A on the roster. Hey, having both of them on the field gives us the best possible chance to win. So I dont understand why the team should release them.

Reporter: You have stated that you need the team needs to get faster and younger. Releasing all those players, most of them linos, are you going to shift to a more veritcal pass asttack with Romo? Maybe carry 3 or 4 catchers?

Coach: First off we need to ramp up the firepower of our core players. We need more MB/PO, guard and tackle. Once the core of power is settled in then yes the plan is to expand more to catchers and find another thrower to develop. The days of ground and pound and send in the boot is behind us now. We got to find ways to open up the field, spread teams out and be able to exploit those holes. I also want to ramp up scoring and less stalling. We need to score and keep scoring and not settling for close matches that come down to the last few turns. Scoring increases pressure, pressure means they make more mistakes and more mistakes mean we score more and win more.

Reporter: Holy crap coach! Are you saying the days of the DP are over?

Coach: Of course not. Buc linos allways will have the nose for a weak knee joint or a N. The DP boot will still fly, it is just I need more players with flexability on offense and defense and not fail freaking dodge outs.

Reporter: The actual match coach. that was a tough draw. Taking on a Box Nurgle CPOMB team. You did not actually think you could win that match up, did you?

Coach: Of course I did. The path to victory was there but in the end the bane of humanity the 3+ with reroll did us in. Iam pissed and mad and want a rematch but oh well. We move on. Also that idea that we would not have faced down the road a CPOMB box team was unlikely to begin with. So IMO it does not matter if it was the opening round or round 5. The only diffrence would be I would not be so mad to exit in the 5th round of the tourney.

Reporter: So what is the short term plan now coach?

Coach: Well phase one is done. I gutted the team once again. Now we need to build back up the core of the team. Get our blitzers rounded out in killer form and then work on those Catchers. We need to keep TV in a managable range so the really slow rebuild is on the horizon. 11-12 man squad, get the core back in shape. Push the treasury over a Million gold and then slowly expand from there. We did it in the past and that worked so that will be the approach again. In the end it will increase our wins/ties and hopefully once the WO starts up we have a solid core of 12-14 players ready to inflict some pain and win some Tournament matchs.

*** END ****

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The Buccaneers pull out of port after another glorious victory. The team is in the hold celebrating, Boz has a ice pack on his busted up knee. The celebration will go long into the night.

Coach Hicksey is smoking a cigar on the poop deck looking at the horizon. Walker walks up behind him carrying his stein of Bugmans.

"Whats up coach? why the forlorn look to the horizon?" "I feel something in the bones Walker, change is on the horizon and it feels bad, real bad." Walker looks around and gives the sign of Sigmar to ward off evil spirits. "Seems like a normal dusk to me coach, you are just concerned about getting back on a win streak." "I wish that was what I was thinking man. No, this feeling is of the evil kind. Something is happening and I just cant figure out what it is yet. But I can assure you it will be a dread, a dread I say."

As coach and Walker walk back to the hold on the horizon the clouds reflect the light of the setting sun and the horizon is ablaze in amethyst.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Today the Blood Sea Buccaneers ascended their 7th player to the ranks of Legend.

A 'The Force' Peterson ran in another score to push him over the top.

He has been walkers wing man for 86 games and has picked up a lot of tips. He is at the top of his game and the Buccaneers have a dynamic blitzer core now.

NUFFLE was pleased....Legend skill roll...+ST

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on getting him to legend...a shame he suffered an injury right before getting to legend :/ Earl Campbell got retired that game too...those nasty bashy teams really can do a number against humans!
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree Azure..bashers with pointy ears are the worst...CPOMB has nothing on Elftastic bash.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach enters the Spiked Ball and Pitch pub looking around. The bar keep is wiping down a mug and shrugs to coach. And looks over into the far booth.
Coach walks over to the table with a 60oz mug of beer with a frosty head on it. Sits down across from JJ Jones and takes a long pull

JJ: You did it?

Coach: Yep, they are packing their bags and headed to retirement. I hope the best for Romo, he was in his prime. But alas his claim to fame will be the only Buccaneer Super Star that is still alive with no Perm damage.

JJ: I cant believe you decimated the squad again.

JJ finishes off his pint in one swig and raises his class to the bar keep

Coach: Ok here is the deal. I did not decimate the squad. Our opponeets did. Losing two legends and 2 super stars in 6 games is a rough stretch. BUT we have weathered this storm before.

JJ: But the treasury? I know we are flush right now. But to buy back so many players? We are back at square one.

Coach: Nah, I got a plan. Remember last time I did this? Back on game 709? Well we are around game 860 now . That was a monster run and Iam going to do it again with a fresh squad. Plus I figure we will add around another 500K to the treasury once it all said and done.

JJ: I hope you are right. The fan base is depressed. The pubs are getting more commerce than our ticket stalls right now. I put my faith in you in the past. I just hope you know what you are doing.

Coach: Don’t worry, I got this. We are going to come out the other side bigger, badder, meaner and the CAS dif. Will infate big time. Not to mention the treasury and the W/L ledger.

Coach chugs the rest of his stein and stands up

Coach: I will see you back at HQ JJ. This place smells of defeat to much. Iam going to find a proper pub to drink to the future.

As coach leaves he hears JJ in the corner mumbling and sobbing. Tears falling in his drink and a picture book of all the past Buccaneer greats.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a single mighty blow or dirty player left. It must have been a real seas of blood indeed.

Best of luck with the rebuild.

Maybe write down the win/loss record and cas diff here to compare for when you are "ready" for the next major.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2012 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

1170k. Wow, that's a big drop. You were, what, 1600 two days ago?

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2013 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Bday celebration came and went and the Buccaneers had a grand time. Buying Zombie mercs, Shadow droping bombs on our own guys, PC laying out the claw and fun by all.

Coach was very drunk during the wholle affair and had a blast not playing serious at all and the W/L record on Bday shows it. BUT it was a great time.

It was great for two big reasons.

1)JJ Jones Jr. owner of the Buccaneers is swimming in gold...The Bucs stash of cash went over 1 MIL Gold and the owner now has gold fever.

2) Coach found his new team captain to lead the Bucs on their next big run.

Bo 'Knows Blood Bowl' Jackson has been promoted to team captain and coach has big plans with his new Super Star.

The Buccaneers are on a roll right now and the future is bright.

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2013 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good call, I simply have to admire Bo for his knowledge (and bio)!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2013 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Bo knows steroids

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2013 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Bo knows steroids

Bo knows that steroids are bad and banned under rule 18.1.25.98.47.1 of the Blood Bowl code of ethics.

Bo knows how to bench press felled trees, curl tree stumps and squat thrust anvils.

He gets his +ST the natural way.