31 coaches online • Server time: 00:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barre

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2009 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sniff - coming back for another bite at the cherry.
Frankencow

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2009 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, I agree wholeheartedly.

RedMaul wrote:
The red dwarves.... weak as piss! Cause some cas already.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2009 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

We have 8 applications to the KO competition already, so we are looking for 8 more before we start. Remember the cut off date is This Sunday!

Criteria will be the same as last season

Quote:
Teams will be accepted under one of 4 criteria:
- High rated coach
- Long-lived team
- High TR
- Swift application

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2009 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I have applied with a team Belvain Stonemasons). Not currently TR175 (just over) but will be by first game.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=398702
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2009 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The Flingers will have a go...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=483517

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2009 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Its filling up fast - 6 spots left!

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2009 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll throw someone in, not sure who yet tho Razz

Necro, Elves or Amazons Smile
Patrician

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2009 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Miyu, Drok all good? She hasn't been around in quite a while Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2009 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw the WDD troll got smacked about a bit in their last game - could he be retiring?? Quite a loss.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2009 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

SKye Revenants have applied

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2009 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, well we've had a few drop outs due to availability so we are down to 9 entrants now with JK's team. Unless we get at least another 4 teams we'll have to be happy with a 8 team KO. If you have been building teams on the side or waiting for whatever reason please just apply your team. I will be creating the schedule tomorrow night (Sunday) approximately midnight.

Barre

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2009 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied Smile
Barre

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2009 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok the KO, is underway, we have 3 filler to make the numbers up to 16, so that means 3 teams have a bye oin the first round, my apologies for that. Good luck folks, and remember this is a weekly deadline which has NO EXTENSIONS, so get your games in early. Good luck.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2009 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Soo.. now that the Official KO tourney is up I'd like to let you all know I am interested in bring the SMACK back to the SWL. For those of you who weren't around or don't know what I am talking about, a SMACK is a small once off KO tourney, usually consisting of 8 players, although when we ran it last time it was often 4, which is fine because these are all about the fun of tourney play with having to worry too much about ongoing commitment.

I would like to change things a little this time around to hopefully increase participation by making it more flexible for people to join. So here is the run down:

Nominations
* A new SMACK will be announce in the SWL forums
* When a new SMACK is announced, there will be 3 TR limits given (these will vary to cover ranges which help people to play their favourite teams)
* When we get to 8 players for a given TR that SMACK will be closed for nominations and the tourney will begin (it's first in best dressed)
* If you would like to join a SMACK you can nominate your team against the TR you would like, you may nominate a team against each of the limits, just be sure to keep in mind that you may be committed to all three tourneys which you might find hard to get your games in.
* The nominations will be open for about a week, at which point if there are not enough players then it will closed and a new SMACK announced (maybe that TR range was not popular enough)
* If after a week there is at least 4 teams then a tourney will fire off, if the is 6-7 teams then fillers will be added to make up the numbers to 8, if there are 5 teams then number 5 team will be dropped, try again next time.

Play/Scheduling
* When the draw is completed the first round due date will be a full week after the following Monday, so if it's started on a Thursday then you'll have 11 days to complete the first round.
* Rounds will be due weekly after that, at which point there will be no extensions and a winner will be decided by coin toss. (exceptions may occur, PM myself to argue your case)
* Failure to complete games may result in exclusion from future SMACKs so don't put your name down if you forsee any problems getting games in.
* It will be a standard KO with Random seed (overtime will be the full 8 turns).

I will announce a new SMACK shortly, to nominate you team either reply to the forum or PM me directly, identify the SMACK you are join and the TR and team you are joining. (Each SMACK will be named along the lines of Season XXXI SMACK 1)

This may become more clear with my first post, but feel free to PM myself any questions you have.

Barre

Edit: PS. I almost forgot, there might be a little bit of Lil' Leeg action as well..
Edit: Edit: PSS. This will apply to fringe teams only. (with the exception of Lil Leeg)

Last edited by Barre on %b %03, %2009 - %05:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Patrician

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2009 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Smacks are good, nice work Barre. We should see more of them.