39 coaches online • Server time: 14:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Shadow46x2 wrote:
barring situations of extreme examples(your ridiculous burning house, or the every lulzworthy burning cat)....is it really necessary to concede because company came over early, or the wife is going to make you sleep on the couch because you're not sitting down for dinner?....in situations of "i can't continue this game right now", why are people so scared of trying to reschedule the match?...why is the first action to concede?.....

the scheduling system is in place for a reason....

try using it...

and as for people who feel it necessary to concede because their apo is gone....

you should all be banned anyways

--j

Thats funny considering this t3 concession when your apo was gone:D

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2628513

Last edited by Emphasy on %b %06, %2009 - %23:%Nov; edited 5 times in total
MechaRoach

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha...that game is funny.
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Concessions should be allowed to happen whenever a coach deems it neccessary. As per the reasons in my previous post.

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

MechaRoach

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with your previous post completely Jamerson....but you should definitely watch that game Emphasy posted.
It only takes 5 minutes tops, and it's quite amusing.
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Be happy to but how do I watch it?

James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

click the link, then click on "replay"

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool - will try now Smile

Jamerson

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah - that is quite amusing how quick it ended - but still up to the coach. If he wants to quit that early, so be it. He loses the cash and the FF......

soranos

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get this whole rule. Even if there were arranged concessions under friends, how could it be prevented? Nobody would report it and I have a hard time believing the admins check all the concessions...
arw

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kerinst wrote:
I have conceded several times before, mostly for not having any fun in a game at all. While I know this is not a merited reason to concede, I think it is the most important reason.

I can really understand that point. Believe me- I honestly do. Please remind me never to play in your team if it is about RL sports. Ah well and no boardgames with (or against) you either.
Ever thought about single player games? I know some good ones if you need recommendations.

Last edited by arw on %b %07, %2009 - %01:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
JHassler

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

HAha.. great previous post! Sad to hear that people start a game knowing that it is about the enjoyment of BOTH parties and quit when they feel it is getting boring. This year has been fun learning the FUMBBL style of BB and the varied opponents that one meets in this international and multi-cultural community; but sometimes it comes at a price. Sometimes your opponent doesn't speak the same language (or very little of it) and so doesn't chat. Other times, the person speaks your language but you wish they didn't because they can't stop whining about the odds and how much of a "lucker" you are. Others stall for the tie when they definitely have a chance at getting 2 scores in the remaining 6 turns they have and you get a little bored. ANYWAYS, these don't seem like valid reasons to click a concession and as a community, we should all frown on actions that do not consider the other person.

So I agrre with the previous poster and I think I've arrived at a similar conclusion (for once)... If you can't find enjoyment in sharing someone else's joy, play the AI on the BB Cyanide game. You are sure to win every time and it doesn't care when you disconnect.

-Hass
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok JHassler... Sick with all teh hypocrits here in this thread:D

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2835329

Not even a si or kill vs you... HUZZAH!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy's crazy research killz you all!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

JHassler wrote:
HAha.. great previous post! Sad to hear that people start a game knowing that it is about the enjoyment of BOTH parties and quit when they feel it is getting boring.

It's amazing how the anti-concede faction always uses this argument - and always ignoring its full implications.

As you quite clearly stated, it is about BOTH parties having fun, but yet you insist on enforcing a state of prolongued NOT having fun on one party. Kindof like establishing a rule PRO torture.
Aldar

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

whats wrong with torture?! isnt bloodbowl all about torture?
 Jump to: