42 coaches online • Server time: 16:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 467 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 843

pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

kill it kill it
sploosh it
smoosh it
splat it splat it
spat it
spank it
honk it honk it
plonk it
bonk it
kick it kick it
prick it
dick it

a poem, by ThE PoLisH CoAcH

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

*thunderous ovation*

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Don't think so. We don't pick/allocate MVP

Well for MVP there are a few optional rules, Christer went with the roll the D16 option.

have free/default starting fan factors above normal

Once again another optional rule that has various versions, Christer allows us to buy up to 9 FF.

modified/no spiraling expenses.

Once again, Christer just went with the chart and did not mess with the other variants.

Cards are in
Not all of them, heck almost none of them are "in". Now granted this was a client issue and not a discussion of which of the 7 decks to allow or discard.

Here is my point.

All rules that are found outside the core rules of how the game is played are ALL OPTIONAL. The comish can amend/discard or change as he pleases. Atleast we are not talking about how SPP are gained, those are a optional rule also. The most obvious cause of anxiety and forum rage is why is Christer not amending/removing or changing some of the skills we can get.

I think you're being quite disingenuous here.

Yes, I both know and agree that the commissioner can change/edit/remove/add rules as freely as he or she sees fit.

The point is that FUMBBL traditionally, as it states in the rules, does not use optional rules - "no optional rules are in effect". Obviously cards are a bit of an exception there.

Using the default position in the rule book isn't "using an option". It's not using an optional rule.

eg. The optional rules for mvp are: "pick one" and "only players who are still alive at the end". D16 isn't an optional rule, it's the core rule.

I'm not arguing with you on the ability of a commissioner to edit the rules as he/she sees fit,

I'm pointing out that despite what you said, going by history and FUMBBL's regard for staying as close to the rules as written, the most likely course of action is not "reroll PO", it's NO PO.

[edit] And part of the reason I'm doing it is because I'm already kind of sick of people talking about PO in BB2016 rules as if using a team reroll is the way it is in the core rules. It's not, that'd be a house rule. And the way I see it, if you're going to house rule PO back in, you might as well house rule in CRP PO.

Otherwise, read the damn rules. For the moment - PO isn't nerfed, it's gone. The addition of the "reroll" modifier on their suggested league optional rule is presumably to make it distasteful to everyone who thinks about house ruling anyway. And to give a "third way" to anyone in two minds, but it's still a house rule.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with AD on this one. I'm looking through the LRB6 rulebook right now and there are two separate sections: Extra Rules and Optional League Rules. Extra rules includes everything that goes beyond playing a very basic intro game with Orcs vs Humans - kick-off table, fouling, spp skill progression, etc. Optional Rules contains alternative rules for assigning the MVP and spiralling expenses (and a couple of other things).

As AD says, there is practically no precedent for the Optional League Rules being implemented in the main FUMBBL divisions, except for some of the special play cards.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
fidius

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

A poem about CPOMB:

Activate
Blah blah blah
Retire team
Whisky
delusional

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

"IMO this is a wise move. Coaches who come to FUMBBL have a place to play where the rules are the same to what is in their rule book, you do have a rule book, right? "

Well I think it's version 2 from memory... Actually it was a friends rulebook that we borrowed for our bloodbowl. I played a goblin team and just kept buying star players! (yes we did not realise that they went away).

On P.O. cmon lets make it crazy. An extra armor roll on the victim and a roll on the tackler as well!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, lets say Christer decides to allow PO in R/B play with the optional rule of you have to use a Team Reroll to Pile On...what does this do?

Well it is a back door way of enabling the optional skill that we already have in L play. You can only use Pile On if you Break AV and reroll the injury check. That is a nerf of the power of Pile On. (With this optional rule the smart way to use Pile On then becomes you only use it when you break AV and carry over the MB to the injury check. Of course some coaches will just hit YES to Pile On no matter what and eat a Re Roll....i fully support stupid Pile On play)

Coupled with the use of a team reroll it would lessen the use of Pile On even in the situation that you break AV....who wants to reroll a stun on a Jman at the cost of team reroll?

IF the optional rule is enabled for R/B it would keep Pile On as a skill but drastically reduce the amount of Pile On action we see BUT at the same time still give coaches the ability to lay your player out in the hopes of that devastating block/blitz.

Then again you might see CPOMB teams ramp up to 8 team Re Rolls and a leader if this optional rule is enabled and dramatically inflate their TV big time. Thus handing out inducements to every one else.

I hope Christer allows the optional rule in the BB2016 rule book of Pile On uses a Team Reroll in R/B play and does not universally remove it. Just my vote.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok, lets say Christer decides to allow PO in R/B play with the optional rule of you have to use a Team Reroll to Pile On...what does this do?

Well it is a back door way of enabling the optional skill that we already have in L play. You can only use Pile On if you Break AV and reroll the injury check. That is a nerf of the power of Pile On. (With this optional rule the smart way to use Pile On then becomes you only use it when you break AV and carry over the MB to the injury check. Of course some coaches will just hit YES to Pile On no matter what and eat a Re Roll....i fully support stupid Pile On play)

Coupled with the use of a team reroll it would lessen the use of Pile On even in the situation that you break AV....who wants to reroll a stun on a Jman at the cost of team reroll?

IF the optional rule is enabled for R/B it would keep Pile On as a skill but drastically reduce the amount of Pile On action we see BUT at the same time still give coaches the ability to lay your player out in the hopes of that devastating block/blitz.

Then again you might see CPOMB teams ramp up to 8 team Re Rolls and a leader if this optional rule is enabled and dramatically inflate their TV big time. Thus handing out inducements to every one else.

I hope Christer allows the optional rule in the BB2016 rule book of Pile On uses a Team Reroll in R/B play and does not universally remove it. Just my vote.

I don't want to play this off brand BB2016.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

There is another limiting factor for Pile On by using the optional rule that Pile On uses a Team Re Roll....It now means you can only use Pile On once in a turn. That in itself is a HUGE NERF.

Last edited by PainState on %b %15, %2017 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

I don't want to play this off brand BB2016.

Fair enough.

I dont want to lose the ability for my Human Team to take Pile On on my ogre.

Fair?

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

No piling on means rats will win every major from now on. How will u confront 15 players rat team with one turners without piling on? Save piling on! Justice for piling on! Piling on gave us freedom from elves and rats!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

vaclav wrote:
No piling on means rats will win every major from now on. How will u confront 15 players rat team with one turners without piling on? Save piling on! Justice for piling on! Piling on gave us freedom from elves and rats!

Ah, well, let me see......

Before Pile On was a viable option for Skaven...they NEVER WON A MAJOR!

The only reason why skaven won majors in CRP was because they had access to CPOMB.

Elves on the other hand...well they won in LRB4, CRP, 3ED, 2ED 1St Ed...and that random rule set used in some pub in downtown London.

Pile On did not seem to stop elves no matter what edition of BB you use.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Word has it that Piling On has just been given its last meal and is now being led out into the yard, wearing a blindfold ...

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

@Painstate: possibly something to do with a +2 Dirty Player? Wink

And perhaps also non-flat skill costs in LRB4, meaning that natural 1-turners increased in cost v quickly.

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Fair enough.

I dont want to lose the ability for my Human Team to take Pile On on my ogre.

Fair?

I don't want to see PO again, especially stacked with Claw, MB.
You can still satisfy your PO feticism in your private league.

Goodbye forever PO, you won't be missed! Very Happy
 Jump to: