77 coaches online • Server time: 22:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadTias

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

WO VI
Coach Brainsaw’s Dark Elf team Wild Wicked Witches are the Warpstone Open 2011 champions! Congratulations!

The Wicked Witches beat coach Sigmar1’s Chaos team Chaos Waste Crushers in the 2-1 final.

The arrival of CRP and FFB to FUMBBL brought new blood to the majors scene, with coach Kryten being the only top-8 coach to have reached that level before. Kryten made his fourth appearance while all the other top-8 coaches made their majors top-8 debut.

Coach PeteW still leads the all-time championship race at four finals and three wins, while coach BooAhl leads all-time top-8 appearances at six.

Races
Dark Elves took their fourth majors trophy with the WO, equalling Chaos Dwarves. Congratulations Dark Elves! Chaos made their sixth final appearance, equalling Dwarves and Skaven.

The top-8 featured a total of five elf teams of various kinds. Only Chaos, Dwarf and Skaven could break into the elf dominance with one team each. Is this just a coincidence or could it have something to do with the CRP rules? Time will surely tell if we witnessed the start of a new trend or simply a fluke, but remember that the sharpest weapon in the inducement arsenal for elves isn’t even implemented yet.

Orcs missed out on the top-8 this time but retain their all-time lead at 49 appearances. Dwarves passed their Chaos Dwarf cousins with 17 appearances and High Elves caught up with Humans at 10.

There are still five of the old races left with no top-8 appearance: Goblin, Halfling, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire. Added to them are the new races of Pact, Slann and Underworld. Who will be the first to make it to the top-8 with them?

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the UI!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft no box majors stats sux.

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %09, %2011 - %00:%May; edited 1 time in total
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Noooooooooo!

He's German! Curses. Come on Britain! Let's wint he UI for our country's honour and pride!

(Grats Brainsaw)

Post   Posted: May 08, 2011 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Wink

(thx madtias and pete)
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Noooooooooo!

He's German! Curses. Come on Britain! Let's wint he UI for our country's honour and pride!

(Grats Brainsaw)

Yeah, Germans winning is kinda wrong.

But then he has an Order of the Stick avatar, so what's not to like!?

Gratz Belkar, err, Brainsaw.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2011 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In preparation for adding the B Majors to these stats, I've re-worked the data from scratch into a proper table for use with Excel's pivot tables. The old set-up was fine but did not give enough flexibility to handle the data. You really need to think these things through from the beginning...

Anyway, going over all the data again, I discovered two errors: Coach FischerKing’s team Silvan Seakings was incorrectly labeled a Wood Elf team, and Coach ankkh’s team Zug-Khazad Smeltering Inc was incorrectly labeled a Chas Dwarf team. Silvan Seakings made the UI II top-8 in 2006 and Zug-Khazad Smeltering Inc made the UI III top-8 in 2007. FischerKing was actually the first coach to make the top-8 with a Pro Elf team, my apologies for the late honour.

I've corrected the racial top-8, moving Pro Elves one ahead of Amazons in the all-time race.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2011 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox majors included
Since the Blackbox division has become the largest division on FUMBBL with the new client, I have decided to incorporate the Blackbox majors in the major tourney stats. I've retroactively included all five B majors that have run so far and updated the stats on the first page of this thread accordingly.

The simultaneous inclusion of five tourneys from a different environment than Ranked has some impact on the stats:

Coaches
My late congratulations to coaches Smashak, shusaku, rafadavila, vicius and JimmyFantastic for winning the first five Blackbox majors. Coach rafadavila won his second majors trophy with the first Crown of Sand, becoming the fifth coach ever to win twice. It was also his third majors final, making him the third coach ever to play more than two. Coach PeteW leads the all-time championship race at five finals and three wins.

With 40 new top-8 placings in the stats, there are too many names to mention all of them. Congratulations one and all in any case. Two coaches deserve special attention however: Coach CircularLogic has placed top-8 in three of the five B majors to date, moving from two to five top-8 appearances in the all-time stats. And ahead even of CircularLogic, coach PeteW has racked up another top-8 to bring himself equal with coach BooAhl at six appearances.

Races
The five B majors champions to date have been Dark Elf, Wood Elf, Dwarf, Ogre and Nurgle. Ogre and Nurgle have never even reached a R majors top-8, highlighting the difference in environment between the two divisions. The Nurgle win was also with the CRP roster, indicating that Nurgle got a power bump in the new rules. Congratulations to coach vicius’ Ogre team sexy ogrex 2 and coach JimmyFantastic’s Nurgle team Griefers Gonna Grief for bringing in the first trophies for their races. At the top of the championship stats, Dark Elves have moved to five trophies, one ahead of Chaos Dwarves.

Also a first, coach freak_in_a_frock‘s team Prey For Death has made the first appearance for Necro in a majors final, so congratulations there as well. In the all-time finalist standings, Khemri have made a second final and Dwarves a seventh final, leaving Chaos, Chaos Dwarves and Skaven behind at six.

In the all-time top-8, Humans have moved one ahead of High Elves to eleven appearances and Khemri have moved one appearance ahead of Amazon and Pro Elf to six. At the bottom of the table, Ogres have stormed from zero to three top-8 appearances. Ogres have taken a pretty hefty nerf in the CRP rules however, and will be hard-pressed to keep up their momentum. The all-time top-8 standings are otherwise unchanged.

Nationality
For those of you keeping score, Germany still leads the UK 10-8 with the inclusion of the B majors, while coach vicius has taken the first majors trophy for the Cocos Islands. Congratulations!

See you again after the UI and/or the WoC!
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2011 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Go cocos islands! kick uk from 2nd place!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2011 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome that you have included Box stats. Thanks Bro!

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2011 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

lol.

Now that [B] Majors have had the MadTias "official" stamp of recognition, maybe I should start cherry-picking in the box again....

Nice work MadTias - you're a legend!

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2011 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Nice work MadTias - you're a legend!

Indeed nice work MadTias. Although I do believe that is its you sir, with 3 majors wins who are legend.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Ulrik

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2011 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome job. Many thank yous for the nice stats and the amount of time spent.
Need to get my Lizards back in shape again and compete for all that glitter and gold Very Happy
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Even better than my approval would be to rework the official tournaments page to clarify which tournaments are majors and in which division. Adding banners for the Box majors, f.ex. I'm not great at editing wikis, but I'll look at what I can do myself.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2011 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:

Nationality
For those of you keeping score, Germany still leads the UK 10-8 with the inclusion of the B majors, while coach vicius has taken the first majors trophy for the Cocos Islands. Congratulations!

Turns out coach vicius isn't really from the Cocos Islands (surprise). He's actually Spanish, which brings Spain to third place in the national race.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2011 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulthuan Invitational VII
Coach Qaz’ Chaos Dwarf team Six Hooves Under is the Ulthuan Invitational 2011 champion! Congratulations!

The Hooves defeated coach Alibaba’s Chaos team Extraordinary Brotherhood 2-0 in the final. The final turned on a spectacular play from the Hooves involving a lightning bolt and a wind-assisted long bomb. It was a play worthy of the most Elven of tournaments and I recommend taking a look at the first half replay.

This was coach Qaz’ first final but Alibaba’s third, making him the fourth coach to reach that many. Alibaba joins coaches PeteW, Malthor and rafadavila at the head of the finalist pack. Alibaba’s team the Extraordinary Brotherhood also joins an illustrious group of only four teams that have played in more than one majors final, the previous being Competitive Eaters, Fleetfoot’s Revenge I and Nandorins. This year’s champion Six Hooves Under is actually older than all of these legendary teams, being founded in june 2004 and having played over 300 games. This is the kind of team that is worthy of winning majors, where the obvious love and effort that has gone into the team makes it more than just pixels with a collection of skills. Teams like this also help to give the tournaments an epic feel and should be an inspiration to all coaches.

Four coaches made their majors top-8 debut, while coaches ekiss, Reisender, SvenS and Qaz made their second top-8 appearances and coach Alibaba made his fourth. Coach PeteW still leads the all-time championship race at five finals and three wins, and also shares the lead in top-8 appearances with coach BooAhl at six.

Races
Chaos Dwarves took their fifth majors trophy, leaving Dwarves behind at four. Congratulations Chaos Dwarves! Chaos made their seventh final appearance, leaving Skaven behind at six.

Elven teams again dominated the top-8 with five appearances. The other top-8 were one Skaven and only two bashy teams, but somehow they both ended up in the final. The UI saw the introduction of the wizard to the FFB client, and I was certain this would result in a win for an agility team. Six Hooves Under was the underdog in every match though and didn’t have to suffer any opposing wizard. The wizard certainly helped decide the final and its power is obvious, but perhaps it doesn’t unbalance the meta-game as much as I had imagined? Bashy teams do need to consider the wizard carefully in forming the team, but if they do they can still certainly win a major tournament.

Two Pro Elf top-8 appearances brought them past both Amazon and Khemri in the all-time race. Orcs missed out on the top-8 again but retain their all-time lead at 7 wins, 14 finals and 57 top-8 appearances.

There are six races left with no top-8 appearance: Goblin, Halfling, Vampire, Pact, Slann and Underworld. Who will be the first to make it to the top-8 with one of them?

As usual, all the statistics are available in the first post of thread. See you after the WoC!
 Jump to: