43 coaches online • Server time: 12:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do we need something to ensure a roughly even spread of races?
No. Every coach should just play whatever race he likes.
66%
 66%  [ 133 ]
Yes. Racial variety is needed for [B].
33%
 33%  [ 68 ]
Total Votes : 201

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
who would have pro elves when you could have woodies...

\o_

Me!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I clearly saw specific teams on gamefinder...

shadow46x2 wrote:
how exactly are you able to see who is activated, especially since christer makes the valid point that the system doesn't activate by team, but by coach?

--j
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:

shadow46x2 wrote:
how exactly are you able to see who is activated, especially since christer makes the valid point that the system doesn't activate by team, but by coach?

--j

I tested this and gamefinder has nothing to do with teams being entered into the box.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you want to see how many teams of each race exist in div B , then try http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=&order=2&nav=10

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Alot of Khemri!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:

shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

gamefinder != blackbox

--j

ImageImage
svemole

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish they put in some help for injured teams maybe free freeboters linemen up to 10 or 11 players. just to avoid unplayable matchups and give coaches a chance to keep their teams for long times. maybe even 10 for some teams that have nice linemen like dwarfs and 11 for teams with weaker ones.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Yes.. I`m one of the guys afraid that [B] will have a very skewed racial population and that this fact take the popularity of this division down. Yes, I know the first thing to do is having non-standard teams in [B] yourself - I already have done that part.

I don`t like racial restrictions of the 'There may only be x% of each race in the league at each time' as it means some people get screwed. So I want to propose something else:

There shall be categories that group races:
A - Orcs, Dorfs, Khemri, Chaos
B - Undead, CD, Necros, Rotters, Ogres
C - Norse, Humans, Amazons, Skaven
D - WE, DE, HE, Proelves
E - Vamps, Lizzies, Stunties

Everyone is require to have between 4 and 6 active teams in the league at each time. With those teams he has to cover at least 4 categories. As it is now, a coach always enters all his teams into the box.

You notice, that a coach can still focus on the races he prefers. It just makes sure, that there are always reasonable chances for all kinds of matchups.

Shocked LOVE this idea!

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be all for figuring out some sort of system that would give incentive for coaches to play other races. People keep mentioning credits perhaps those could factor into a slightly higher starting fan factor or a bonus to the fan factor or winnings rolls after the first couple games to help them get up on their feet faster. However I would be against having this system also inflict a penalty of any sort for people using overused races. Their "penalty" is that they don't enjoy the incentive perk that an underused race would. My guess is that Blackbox likely will be filled with bashier/sturdier teams mostly because it is difficult to get decent games in ranked with said teams. The stats shadow posted don't seem significantly skewed, but to be honest the whole point of the league is that you can play whatever you want and if possible you are guaranteed a game. Anything that limits your ability to choose by assigning negatives or forcing people to make teams they don't want to play is completely against the reason the league exists in my opinion.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

doesn't this discussion seem moot since christer has already stated he won't impose restrictions on race choices?

--j

ImageImage
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
doesn't this discussion seem moot since christer has already stated he won't impose restrictions on race choices?

--j

Of course. However, it dosent hurt to discuss it.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PorkusMaximus

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the teams on BB already make me sad. I dunno what's worse though, the people who are abusing the system or the people who are deliberately abusing the system just so they can say "OMG LOOK HOW BROKEN IT IS".
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:

shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

No you didn't.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus wrote:
Some of the teams on BB already make me sad. I dunno what's worse though, the people who are abusing the system or the people who are deliberately abusing the system just so they can say "OMG LOOK HOW BROKEN IT IS".

Meh, that was just Ameranth being silly. Also - no matter how front-loaded a team is, with no ability to PICK, it will even out after 5 or 6 games.

Re: Lots of Khemri? Good, as the retards are easy to beat.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus wrote:

Since its the alpha test its actually pretty desirable for people to try to abuse the system so that we can iron out any flaws it has. Personally I'm running vampires, ogres, and halflings. I think that vampires and ogres will be pretty nasty but not especially broken, halflings on the other hand are even more outragously broken than I first suspected (I thought they would become broken only after they had skilled, much like in [R]). Breaking the system is unfortunately an important part of improving it.

On the plus side I went 5/0/0 today and forced two teams to retire Twisted Evil Its not all bad Very Happy

Jump to: