38 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Korenn wrote:
So I'm playing in a small friend league and my elves are going to get their face bashed in (all in good fun), and I was wondering:

Has it ever happened on fumbbl that a team had to field 11 journeymen?

That would be one legendary replay Razz

To answer your question.
So far I have not seen any team get RIP or MNG all of their players so he had to field 11JM for next match.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Again, we don't care what you do in the League division.

Right, which is why I found harvestmouse's stance odd since the OP clearly states it is in a league.

HM seems to be using FUMBBL as a euphemism for ranked/box.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
EmynMul wrote:
Question, harvestmouse: What if i were saving up for a blitzer or something and i had enough money to replace a linemen so i didnt have to play with journeymen, would that be a rules violation?

It's all written down in the rules:
Quote:
Teams in competitive divisions are expected to strive for at least 11 players on the roster. While this doesn't mean that any team below 11 players must immediately hire a new lineman, coaches are expected to not let the team deteriorate on purpose.

Short version: you don't have to buy a lineman as soon as you can afford it. But you can't hoard cash while your team uses journeymen

This wording stems from pre-journeymen times when teams who suffered deaths just got smaller. Rephrasing with J-men in mind would help clarify.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Kryten wrote:

Right, which is why I found harvestmouse's stance odd since the OP clearly states it is in a league.

The OP clearly stated "Has it ever happened on fumbbl that a team had to field 11 journeymen?"

It is a bit odd though that the journeymen rule does not mention journeymen. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Kryten wrote:

If you bothered to read, Kryten had already clarified this. However the temptation to cause trouble is too great, I understand that.

He didn't ask if it happened in his league, he asked if it has happened on FUMBBL. So I said 'unlikely' as it's illegal, which by and large it is. I don't need to/want to go into divisional details with that.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 12:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Extremely doubtful, especially on FUMBBL. As fielding journeymen, when you don't need to is against the site rules.

Except I've seen about 500 players that do just this!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Narlgoth wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Extremely doubtful, especially on FUMBBL. As fielding journeymen, when you don't need to is against the site rules.

Except I've seen about 500 players that do just this!

Then you are an accessory for not reporting them. Really you should have been banned already.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Its league, so it doesnt matter if you field 11 JM, if most of your guys are just mng and not retired or killed, then you'll have most of the team back anyways after 1 game. Its just a problem if people keep using many JM over the course of many games and have enough cash to hire maybe 3-4 players.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that would be a pretty cool thing for a team to have in it's history. "I remember the time when my wood elves, the Dainty Dancers of Dip-Deep, had to field 11 journey men after several thrashings. It was a valiant quest to return to 11 regular players. I managed! Good times."

I can't imagine any team but wood elves enjoying such a struggle.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris' Hellbound Charioteers managed to recover from 0 players total (LRB4, before the advent of journeymen) so its certainly possible.
 Jump to: