30 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
vote!
break takle
26%
 26%  [ 20 ]
fend
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
guard
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
kick
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
kick-off-return
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
mighty blow
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
stand firm
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
strip ball
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
takle
21%
 21%  [ 16 ]
retire, an ag3 saurus is a waste of tv
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 76

m0gw41

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle to blitz past dodgers on the way to scoring and to make him a decent sweeper on defence.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

edit: nevermind
Loew

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

my take: non of the available skills are essential for his role, most have some value.

I would decide by which skill will be most often used, either by choice or by being in a position where the skill applies.

I think tackle comes first under this criteria: the guy is a good back-up blitzer when no BT Saurus is available, it helps to blitz through pesky ss/bodge marker and should a pick up fail at least is a tackle near the ball to make it a tiny bit more difficult for the opportunistic elfs and rats.
I like guard, too. Overall great skill and nice as a late skill on a ballcarrier, it helps his teammates to blitz/block markers off. But this guy is too special to put him in the middle of a big skirmish...
tmoila

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard or Pro or Tackle, voted for Guard

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

BT is winning, likely voted by people who can not read.

or do math

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

personally I'd go Tackle, from the range of suckiness.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pie
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I like SF. He's a crazy player so who knows what would actually be "best" on him. BT does seem a bit of a waste on such a player, though it may work out as useful if he got dodge next or you plan to dodge a lot with him. Assuming the plan is *not* to dodge a lot anyway, I'd suggest SF over the other choices because:

1) Allows you to stand on the sideline without being surfed (unless they have jugger) which can be nice, especially since you already have some grab and frenzy to help turn the corner.

2) If you don't roll doubles next you could take guard and have a very useful support player on defense.

3) It is nice to not have your ball carrier be able to be moved around. Don't want to risk a pickup? Go park him next to the ball and he should still be there to try next turn. Get pushed around with a -2d into someone who can 2d you? Nope!

That said, anything you pick will be somewhat useful and somewhat "wasteful" on such a player. Still, he's fun. Enjoy him while he lasts!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
BT is winning, likely voted by people who can not read.

or do math

Bizarre indeed. Why break tackle, why? Pray for 2s, so you can use it.

I voted guard. That surely must be better than kickoff return, which will be useful once every 2 games or so.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Guard, Fend, Stand Firm, Tackle, and KOR all would be decent choices. I voted for Tackle, as he has the best mobility on the team (without low strength).
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Same reason why ppl take 2 heads on goat and pest carriers. Ag4 dodging is useful.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm would be good for those times near the sidelines, and also of he gets blitzed he stays in cage
Calthor

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm or Tackle
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think BT is a good skill even if it only changes 3+ to 2+, like a weaker two heads (in that it only helps with one dodge). But I think if you go to the trouble of having a saurus ball carrier the plan is not to dodge so much, and he *can* dodge if need be anyway so I'd pick something that helps out somewhere else instead.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If your lizards face my orcs again, I think you should take BT. Otherwise, KOR or tackle sound useful Smile
 Jump to: