52 coaches online • Server time: 16:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Khemri, Undead, Necromantic, and Vamps may represent the White Walkers.

White Walkers have no king, and are not effected by the loss of any particular member of the horde.

Wildlings are a chaotic lot. To represent this chaos, Wildlings are the only faction that can employ players that can take mutations. Also, it takes a very strong leader to unite all of the tribes. When the King beyond the wall dies, the opposing coach in the game in which the king died is allowed to choose two players with less than 76 spp which leave in the absence of the king and are retired. The Wildling coach may then select the new King.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're including necromantic in the white walkers, no werewolves for them I think - the closest thing in ASOIAF is warging and skinchangers, which are pretty much the preserve of wildlings/men.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

@ArrestedDevelopment: I don't think it needs to be an attempt to make an exact translation, otherwise most of the teams would be prohibited. Limiting players on a team also seems a bit too much.

It's not like wildlings really have mutations, but their abilities can be explained by their violent nature.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

And there was me thinking that was a joke about inbreeding at a certain outpost Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2015 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Pact is perfect for representing Wildlings, I'd say. Not sure about allowing Mutations though.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2015 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Wildlings (and Starks and North Houses) = Norse obviously

Winter is coming!
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about this over the weekend and was wondering about a Night's Watch faction as well. Some of the caveats I thought of were:

- Lineman's first skill cannot be something another lineman already has. This is to represent all the varied back grounds that make up the Crows
- The only way to end a player's watch is with death
- After a losing season the Watch become unhappy with their current king/commander and execute him, 'For the Watch'. The old commander is retired and a new king is selected from the ranks of the current roster

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2015 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

zhraia wrote:
I'm interested, but it's hard to promise anything until the rules are finished.

This is applies to me as well.

Also I don't think any team should have more then 1 unique rule. It could get too complicated very fast.
Leonek

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2015 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested also. Some of the ideas are great
TrashMouse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am interested
zhraia

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Just make it about the kings. The king gets points for cas, td and Int, if he dies you lose his points and have to make a new king. The teams also has to be somewhat themed with themed player names and a fitting race. That's it, to much more and it gets to convoluted and/or unbalanced.
Climber

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2015 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

zhraia wrote:
Just make it about the kings. The king gets points for cas, td and Int, if he dies you lose his points and have to make a new king. The teams also has to be somewhat themed with themed player names and a fitting race. That's it, to much more and it gets to convoluted and/or unbalanced.

I agree with Zhraia, let's keep it simple and study a nice set about Kings Wink
 Jump to: