24 coaches online • Server time: 08:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
It isn't the losing of the players, that happens even when you fail dodges. It's that I run into guys constantly, where their entire plan is to cripple my team permanently. Even after they are ahead by a few touchdowns late in the 2nd half, they foul, and do whatever they can to inflict more casualties...that's just not super fun.

Ok ok... Well I think sticking to new(ish) teams may still apply, as with 2 coaches with new/newish teams are basically on an even keel (as far as team management) and it will come to coaching more often than not. That'll give you a chance to get your groove back, and learn to play the game again. This is what I often do when I'm in a slump or I have let the essence of a game (fun) slip away. Which frankly, is where I'm heading after the slate of the last 10 games or so.

Sounds like you were away for awhile and need to get good, nothin wrong with that... Arguabley better than being too close and needing to get good, like myself.

Just find/keep your love for the game and the rest will follow I found... Oh, and donate for good dice (pro tip).

Oh, as for people being jerks... Idk, I'm really not a jerk to others (knowing the unspoken 'enough is enough') and that seems to do well for me for the most part. If they are going out of their way to be dicks, it's just blood bowl business, try not to take it personal, they'll get theirs on the backend.
Deniz87

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
Oh, and donate for good dice (pro tip).

?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
It isn't the losing of the players, that happens even when you fail dodges. It's that I run into guys constantly, where their entire plan is to cripple my team permanently. Even after they are ahead by a few touchdowns late in the 2nd half, they foul, and do whatever they can to inflict more casualties...that's just not super fun.

I used to get very upset about this, too. And even though I've made a conscious effort to increase my "Fumbbl Zen", with some success, it still upsets me when somebody just unnecessarily and out of sheer spite goes on to maul my team, for no good reason other than because he can. Because it's one person being intentionally mean to another person, and that sucks, right?

Only then something happened, and that something was I actually got half way decent at this game. So this meant of course for one thing I played better, making it harder for my opponent to smash me to bits. But that's not really the big part. The big part is understanding what is happening on the pitch, and therefore being able to discern spite from reasonable play.

• Especially when you play Wood Elves or Skaven, these guys really have to take an epic beating before they are beyond the ability to come back. It's part of why I love playing Wood Elves so much, that they've always got a plan B and a plan C, but you have to understand that they are designed to be outnumbered. 11 Wood Elves on the pitch are absolutely imba. Nobody can beat 11 Wood Elves that pass all their armour rolls, in the hands of a good coach. Wardancers are the most powerful players in the entire game. You need to hit them hard and mercilessly in order to beat them. That's just what you do. I've scored on defence with three Wood Elves. Any opponent who wouldn't keep fouling Wardancers till the very end would be a fool.

• Fumbbl is an environment where teams can play hundreds of matches, so you can build legendary stat freak players here. Your ST5 Wardancers, ST6 Vampires, AG6 Gutter Runners, natural one-turners, and of course the all too easily available ClawPOMBers. All of these break the game, to a degree. They tilt the scales in a way that, arguably, is unhealthy. So it is customary on Fumbbl to hunt these players. You might think your opponent to be vindictive for fouling your Game Breaker on T16 but consider that you brought this monstrosity to the table in the first place, and your opponent had to play against it all game. He is doing the community a service trying to remove it from the pool.

• Last not least, bear in mind that people play here to build up their teams for tournaments, and bashy teams need Casualties for SPP. Surfs and Fouls don't give SPPs but regular blocks do, so you will always maximise the number of blocks you can make. And you will always try to minimize the number of blocks you take, as every block is a chance for one of your players to be killed or perm'ed. That's why even if you're outnumbered and have no chance to get to the ball, your opponent will keep hitting you. Consider staying down.

I play in both Ranked and Box and I very, very rarely encounter real spite in an opponent. So while I completely sympathize with the sentiment of being very upset about spite, it is important to understand that an opponent mauling your team even when victory seems safely in the bag, most of the time, is just being effective rather than mean. With respect, looking at your record, I suggest that in order for the game to be less frustrating to you, you will need to improve your coaching. I am speaking from experience here.

Good luck! Smile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 11:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Play Goblins, blow stuff up, saw things in half and laugh when players die on either team! Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It is not a big deal as long as you are ready to make new teams. My teams in blackbox takes somewhere 10-35 games, before annihilation. I play one game at a time without the next one in any consideration. Remember, you can always create a new team and find a balanced rookiish game, thanks to the scheduler update, which protects rookiish teams.

Plus time to time i destroy some chaos teams with softer teams, which is then hilarious. Smile
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
So after years of playing BB and getting sick of folks who have the game well in hand fouling and trying to cripple my team, I quit. Then I came back, then I quit, then I came back, lol, just love the game too much.

So I have 2 questions.

1. Anybody figure out a way to get over it basically? I know it's just a mental thing, but the fun teams get crippled really fast, and even though I like Dwarfs, the same thing happens to them at higher TVs.

2. Whats the team to play if your basic goal is just to murder the other team? I mean, if you can't beat them, join them? Maybe that's how i should have been playing all along?

Step one: Remember the words of Paul Hicks. <paulhicks> ...you know, if the worst thing that happens to you is you roll a bunch of 1s and your computer pixels die, then you should consider it a damn good day.

Step two: Make a novelty team.

Step three: Celebrate all nonsense in the game whether it's for your side or there's. Fluff up your teams, injuries and deaths become part of the story.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

regarding the donation thing: it is FACT!!!

more cash = more sixes, fewer skulls

try it and see
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Play Goblins, blow stuff up, saw things in half and laugh when players die on either team! Very Happy

This man speaks the truth.
Deniz87

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:

try it and see

it sounds too strange to me
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Silent_Hastati wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:

This man speaks the truth.

aye, dis

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
It is not a big deal as long as you are ready to make new teams.

Stop with this silly business and come face my challenge at high-TV blackbox. My gauntlet has been lying here for a while.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:

try it and see

Some people might actually believe this. In fact I have only played a few TT tournaments but a couple of people I played had been told this was the case on FUMBBL.
Donations are just to help support Christer and the site. Not for pay to win..

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Srsly, if you mourn players death or injury you shouldn't play this game. Losses can be big, even against soft teams.

Instead try to see your players as your current toolbox.
If a tool gets broken, just buy a new one.

Never, ever, ever, ever get emotionally attached to any player.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Primarch wrote:

I used to get very upset about this, too. And even though I've made a conscious effort to increase my "Fumbbl Zen", with some success, it still upsets me when somebody just unnecessarily and out of sheer spite goes on to maul my team, for no good reason other than because he can. Because it's one person being intentionally mean to another person, and that sucks, right?

Only then something happened, and that something was I actually got half way decent at this game. So this meant of course for one thing I played better, making it harder for my opponent to smash me to bits. But that's not really the big part. The big part is understanding what is happening on the pitch, and therefore being able to discern spite from reasonable play.

• Especially when you play Wood Elves or Skaven, these guys really have to take an epic beating before they are beyond the ability to come back. It's part of why I love playing Wood Elves so much, that they've always got a plan B and a plan C, but you have to understand that they are designed to be outnumbered. 11 Wood Elves on the pitch are absolutely imba. Nobody can beat 11 Wood Elves that pass all their armour rolls, in the hands of a good coach. Wardancers are the most powerful players in the entire game. You need to hit them hard and mercilessly in order to beat them. That's just what you do. I've scored on defence with three Wood Elves. Any opponent who wouldn't keep fouling Wardancers till the very end would be a fool.

• Fumbbl is an environment where teams can play hundreds of matches, so you can build legendary stat freak players here. Your ST5 Wardancers, ST6 Vampires, AG6 Gutter Runners, natural one-turners, and of course the all too easily available ClawPOMBers. All of these break the game, to a degree. They tilt the scales in a way that, arguably, is unhealthy. So it is customary on Fumbbl to hunt these players. You might think your opponent to be vindictive for fouling your Game Breaker on T16 but consider that you brought this monstrosity to the table in the first place, and your opponent had to play against it all game. He is doing the community a service trying to remove it from the pool.

• Last not least, bear in mind that people play here to build up their teams for tournaments, and bashy teams need Casualties for SPP. Surfs and Fouls don't give SPPs but regular blocks do, so you will always maximise the number of blocks you can make. And you will always try to minimize the number of blocks you take, as every block is a chance for one of your players to be killed or perm'ed. That's why even if you're outnumbered and have no chance to get to the ball, your opponent will keep hitting you. Consider staying down.

I play in both Ranked and Box and I very, very rarely encounter real spite in an opponent. So while I completely sympathize with the sentiment of being very upset about spite, it is important to understand that an opponent mauling your team even when victory seems safely in the bag, most of the time, is just being effective rather than mean. With respect, looking at your record, I suggest that in order for the game to be less frustrating to you, you will need to improve your coaching. I am speaking from experience here.

Good luck! Smile

Oh, I have no doubts that I suck. Part of that, is the adhd that won't allow me to focus on one team and get decent or learn it effectively. Not really, but...squirrel!

What was I saying? Oh yeah, I suck. I want to get better, this is part of that, getting frustrated and quitting will not help, that's why I asked for some advice.

Any and all advice to improve my game will be taken as constructive. I'm tired of being bad, love the game, just want to be competitive.

Thanks for the advice.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes when a coach continues fouling when the game is won, it is not out of spite. It could be for fluff reasons Smile
Also pitch clearances are rare and cool. Try cheering for your players to die, it's very cathartic!
 Jump to: